Frost vs. Pagulayan 2005 D.C.C. Shot #3

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would pocket the ball and leave the cb against the curb, but Frost looks like he's about to two-rail it out of there toward his pocket. Maybe he's a better player than I am. :rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I don't know what Scott did....and contrary to what v suggested....the One Pocket strategy in this situation that all seasoned players that I know use, is...that when the final ball is at the points of the pocket diagonal to your pocket, as in this example - you don't shoot the ball in - your goal is to nudge it deep into the jaws so that your opponent is forced to make it - because when he's forced to make it, he has to get the cueball over to the other side of the table to get safe and not leave a shot...

...and I wish I had a quarter for every time I've seen a player not get safe when pocketing that hanging ball - usually by leaving the cut shot.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't know what Scott did....and contrary to what v suggested....the One Pocket strategy in this situation that all sesooned players that I know use, is...that when the final ball is at the points of the pocket diagonal to your pocket, as in this example - you don't shoot the ball in - your goal is to nudge it deep into the jaws so the your opponent is forced to make it - because when he's forced to make it, he has to get the cueball over to the other side of the table to not leave a shot...

...and I wish I had a quarter for every time I've seen a player not get safe when pocketing that hanging ball - usually by leaving the cut shot.

- Ghost
This is why you're the Ghost.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I've shot this only twice, made it once hung it the other shot. It's hit with left english to keep the CB from going down table with it.;)
Rod.

Attachments

• kick.JPG
    kick.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
I've shot this only twice, made it once hung it the other shot. It's hit with left english to keep the CB from going down table with it.;)
Rod.

Please shoot it, if we ever play...:)

- Ghosty

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If it was me, The Kicking Ghost shooting...I'd kick the 5ball 2-rails into my pocket, cueball sticks right there, and I'm out..:eek:..:cool:

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
If it was me, The Kicking Ghost shooting...I'd kick the 5ball 2-rails into my pocket, cueball sticks right there, and I'm out..:eek:..:cool:

- Ghost

Diagram us an example of what you mean. :p :D
Rod.

Trust me, you cannot out-move a Ghost..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
Diagram us an example of what you mean. :p :D
Rod.

Trust me, you cannot out-move a Ghost..

here ya go Rod :) ---------->

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2EXhR2PNCo2YXhR2YUOp1YcUQ3YcAq2kNCo2kbjA2kYOM@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
If it was me, The Kicking Ghost shooting...I'd kick the 5ball 2-rails into my pocket, cueball sticks right there, and I'm out...:cool:

- Ghost

Cue ball sticking may not be the problem...We used to call that a "Grady shot"...Meaning, it was very creative...but had about a 25-30% success ratio...I have shot many similar "desperation" shots....But, I must assume that you would be getting "staked" to fire at such a low percentage shot...:eek: (especially if it were the last ball on the table)..:eek:... We both know...It is frought with peril, and could be a game ender...with you digging in your pocket...:cool:

Sand Duck <---is hoping you are getting "staked" at DCC...He may ask to jack it up a little !..:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
We used to call that a "Grady shot"...it has about a 30% success ratio...I assume you would be getting staked to fire at such a low %tage shot... (especially if it were the last ball on the table)..:eek: It is frought with peril...:cool:

Hey 'loose cannon'! :D thanks for the vote of confidence for my shot - glad to see you like it...30% success ratio is great - now I'm for sure shooting it....I was only figuring it for a 15% success ratio...:)

- Ghrosty

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Unless I'm mistaken, Alex makes one hell of a reply after Scott's shot. I won't ruin the suspense, but even Scott laughed and gave him some love after The Lion's next shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey 'loose cannon'! :D thanks for the vote of confidence for my shot - glad to see you like it...30% success ratio is great - now I'm for sure shooting it....I was only figuring it for a 15% success ratio...:)

- Ghrosty
Of course the Ghost is correct (I'd expect nothing less). Alex hit it like it had eyes and it went straight in his pocket. After Scott & Alex got done kissing and hugging they played game 5.

Alex's Shot 1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
boy the ghost is gonna have a big head and stick out his chest when he sees the shot^^^^^.
good job ghosty:)