frost vs brumback #238

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
how come not shoot the 15 in the corner? because if he 3 rails the 14, JB gets another ball closer to his pocket and plays a good safe? would he be stuck after shooting the 15, is that why

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shooting over the ball sure makes the 15 tough. It also looks like you if you shoot it, you could scratch in Frost's pocket if you got just the wrong kind of carom off one of the balls at the bottom of the stack.

On the other hand, if you shoot the three-railer you better either make it or leave the cue ball up behind the balls because Scott potentially has several nice one bank shots if you leave too much air -- and of course if your cue ball goes too far you could totally sell out.

I might play the one-railer on the 11 instead -- playing cue ball priority -- with the intent of just opening balls up on my side.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-12-15_13-23-37.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-12-15_13-23-37.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Shooting over the ball sure makes the 15 tough. It also looks like you if you shoot it, you could scratch in Frost's pocket if you got just the wrong kind of carom off one of the balls at the bottom of the stack.

On the other hand, if you shoot the three-railer you better either make it or leave the cue ball up behind the balls because Scott potentially has several nice one bank shots if you leave too much air -- and of course if your cue ball goes too far you could totally sell out.

I might play the one-railer on the 11 instead -- playing cue ball priority -- with the intent of just opening balls up on my side.

That's the shot I see

bstroud

Verified Member
The 15 is your only leverage. I would protect it by thinning the 5 ball and putting the cue ball over behind the two balls on Scott's side near the side pocket.

Bill S.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member

I agree 100% good thought pattern easy to control the cue ball.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
The 15 is your only leverage. I would protect it by thinning the 5 ball and putting the cue ball over behind the two balls on Scott's side near the side pocket.

Bill S.

This is the shot I saw. Good call Bill. keith

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Bill S.

This is the shot I saw. Good call Bill. keith

I looked at that shot also but it does nothing. So easy to kick the 15 ball and safe from there. Giving up your advantage.
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

Steve, your shot selection gets my vote. Easy to do and very effective.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

steve you get half a cookie...:)
i thought it would be obvious to bank the stripe and get to the other side of the rack although i like strouds idea to get the q ball behind the stack by thinning off the 5 (actually my first choice)
brumback went 3 rails to hit the 10 fairly full
excellent cue ball control to me
js2.jpg

js5.jpg

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I still like my shot (3 rail the 14. I love 3 railers). But I have also been known to hate my own money :).

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
No one lives in East St. Louis:eek:

i am surprised you see this as a gofer. sure, its thin, but there is an angle of several inches and the OB is off the rail. and it isn't a scratch. :p

(jim rempe spends some time talking about these type of shots on one of his accustats straight pool dvds…)

i actually have a caseyville address
:)