Frost /schmidt #2

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, I got the first one wrong, but I'll play again anyway. I'm playing off the black ball (8?) near my pocket and going two rails to the upper left corner of the table. That's the same place I wanted to shoot at the first time. I doubt Scott Frost shot my shot, but he'd better pay attention to my advice if he intends to be a player. :D

I don't see anything else.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'm slicing the 11, it may or may not graze the 7 (depending on the angle), the 11 then combinates the 9 into my pocket - and I'm probably out...:cool:

- Gh:hehst

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Hope the 2 ball doesn't come back across the table. If the CB hits the 1 ball, no biggie. Try to get lucky. Big target,
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I was looking at the 11-9 combo too. Also the 5 might kick the 14 to his hole as well. But I think Frost might take that shot against a lesser player. Against a shot-maker like Schmidt, he'd probably be a little more circumspect. Maybe Bille's shot.

And Vapros-- you broke me up about Frost-- how he'd better be taking your advice if he wants to be a player!!..:D

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
5 replies within an hour...:eek:
the shot clock is working...:D
maybe the inmates are starved to talk about one pocket.....:rolleyes:
just sayin
:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm slicing the 11, it may or may not graze the 7 (depending on the angle), the 11 then combinates the 9 into my pocket - and I'm probably out...:cool:

- Gh:hehst

This is the shot I like, too good to pass up. This shot will open up the balls on Scott's side and he can also play a good cue ball. I really don't see Scott shooting the 2ball because of the strength of this shot....if he knows what he's doing...:D

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This is the shot I like, too good to pass up. This shot will open up the balls on Scott's side and he can also play a good cue ball. I really don't see Scott shooting the 2ball because of the strength of this shot....if he knows what he's doing...:D

Dr. Bill

:sorry im over the time limit in showing the shot
BUT
i was watching the yankees clinch the first round to DEFEAT the orioles
and now have to defeat the DETROIT TIGERS (dennis's team):p to any team against the yankees
to get to the world series
scott shot the 2 ball and missed....:eek:
i thought the straight back on the 9 was stupid based on the cue ball leave
im not a pro but you guys imcluding hacker your thoughts too that was not a hanger shot to me)
the 2 ball would move balls towards your opponent and also was not a hanger

would everybody speak up for their opinion of the pros/cons of what the "pro " shot

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Scott does seem to play a little funny when he plays john from what i have seen from these threads. May have something to do with not knowing what the hell john will shoot. I personally dont think john has the same one pocket thinking process as many players, so he's a bit more unpredictable, which serves him well im sure. How many times do you think Scott has watched, in anguish, John run 8 and out from nowhere? That will get to a guy.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Scott does seem to play a little funny when he plays john from what i have seen from these threads. May have something to do with not knowing what the hell john will shoot. I personally dont think john has the same one pocket thinking process as many players, so he's a bit more unpredictable, which serves him well im sure. How many times do you think Scott has watched, in anguish, John run 8 and out from nowhere? That will get to a guy.
so does that mean scott should go for lower percentages shots??
if you think in these 2 examples they were lower percentage shots at a time it wasnt necessary

tylerdurden

Verified Member
so does that mean scott should go for lower percentages shots??
if you think in these 2 examples they were lower percentage shots at a time it wasnt necessary

It is hard to comment on that 2 ball shot. It looked to me like he would sell out if he shot and missed, always hard to tell from pics. But he probably knew he'd hit that ball thick enough and end up in that area. IF he would have made it though, that may have changed that angle so he skimmed that 1st ball a little more.

I hate that bank he shot. No, playing John doesn't mean you should shoot bad/low% shots, but it means sometimes guys like that will force you to make bad decisions because you simply don't know where you can leave them. It is taxing too. If you don't know you can leave a guy here or there, you want to shoot, if yo are scott, because that is his strength. I am complimenting John's unpredictable style more than anything.

I was watching a great discussion on baseball managers on TV once. Some manager at the end had the greatest quote, paraphrased: "if all us managers chose the 'right' decision all the time, the other manager would know what you were going to do". I think John's one pocket style counteracts that sentiment to some extent, and makes up for the little bit of one pocket knowledge he is perhaps lacking.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I thought Scott would shoot the 2. He usually makes those shots and I figured it might end up fairly safe.

I've also played John and the shots he pulled out were unbelievable.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Personally, I didn't like either of the two shots he shot for the reason that with both of his choices, he gave up his position. If you notice that on both occasions had Scott chosen ...the two rail bank..in position one, or playing off the 11ball in position two, he would have clearly had the much better position. 'In position two, playing the 2ball the way he did at least had some merit. Had he made the 2ball he would of been in reasonable position to do some damage. Also he played a good cue ball in position two. So in that position I kinda understand his thinking. However, in position one, when he banked the 9ball , he really wasn't accomplishing anything, even if he made it...which he did. The ball that he made wasn't imo as big as...if he would of two railed the 9ball and played to trap John.

I've also notice that Scott seems to ...never...play his best game when playing John.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Agreed..strongly.

- Ghost

I'll be flying to Chicago on Tuesday, get ready for part #2 of our rivalry. I don't think i'm playing as well as I was the last time I came through. But I also don't think you're playing as well as you did the last time we played. I hope i'm right.:D

Dr. Bill