Frost/Orcollo

t-dog

Verified Member
I don't understand scotts' shot here. I know he made it on Efren late one morning at the DCC but, he wasn't 'under the ball'. Please tell me why you wouldn't play the bank combo since you need 2. Is leaving it on the spot worth that much? I'm confused.

Attachments

• FrostOrcollo.jpg
    FrostOrcollo.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0

unoperro

Verified Member
looks like he needs 3?

whitey goes toward the side pocket if hit thin. whitey goes toward top corner if hit thick.

balls may well leave a bank or easy fram.:)

maybe he jusnt wasnt feeling it?

t-dog

Verified Member
looks like he needs 3?

whitey goes toward the side pocket if hit thin. whitey goes toward top corner if hit thick.

balls may well leave a bank or easy fram.:)

You are correct, needs 3. Still thinking this through.

youngstown

Verified Member
Frost/Orcollo

Yeah, the side pocket looks huge from there. I prob would thin the 10 a bit and put CB near top right corner maybe behind 8 if I’m lucky

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Inconceivable! Is that even possible from there?

if he had the other pocket and banked it short
it would double bank,,i think
not saying its a shot i own....:D
but scott might,,,:)
fwiw
i set it up
first try i over cut the bank
second try got close
the 10 went straight from the second rail and didnt " fall " to the pocket
icbw
but any ball that can be banked cross corner
i believe can be double banked
if "missed" correctly
am i wrong ??
i am hear to learn
teach me

double bank.jpg

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
Frost/Orcollo

if he had the other pocket and banked it short
it would double bank,,i think
not saying its a shot i own....:D
but scott might,,,:)
fwiw
i set it up
first try i over cut the bank
second try got close
the 10 went straight from the second rail and didnt " fall " to the pocket
icbw
but any ball that can be banked cross corner
i believe can be double banked
if "missed" correctly
am i wrong ??
i am hear to learn
teach me

View attachment 23149

Idk. Set it up and see how many tries it takes to make it. Keep track of how many times you make it in his pocket. Looks like a 1/30 shot to me but if the ball was up a diamond higher and the cb too it would be much much higher %

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Idk. Set it up and see how many tries it takes to make it. Keep track of how many times you make it in his pocket. Looks like a 1/30 shot to me but if the ball was up a diamond higher and the cb too it would be much much higher %

will do
but a 1/30 shot for you or me is not the same for scott...;)
just sayin...:)

youngstown

Verified Member
Frost/Orcollo

will do

but a 1/30 shot for you or me is not the same for scott...;)

just sayin...:)

Low percentages are low percentages. If the CB we’re up higher maybe it’s something he’d consider but idk. What did he end up shooting?

youngstown

Verified Member
Frost/Orcollo

Low percentages are low percentages. If the CB we’re up higher maybe it’s something he’d consider but idk. What did he end up shooting?

Looking at the layout again I might like lagging the straight back with 2:00 spin and playing mostly CB...maybe can put the cb behind the 6

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The difficulty in this shot lies in the cueing. The player must hit the cue ball fairly hard with follow, thus causing the cue ball to ''dig in'' the cloth, how much? depends on humidity/dirt etc. This shot appears to need more speed than you want on the cue ball, and that's a huge concern. Also, the cue ball moves towards the side pocket.

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Looking at the layout again I might like lagging the straight back with 2:00 spin and playing mostly CB...maybe can put the cb behind the 6

I also would play your shot of shooting the spotted ball straight back while playing all cue ball to get behind the 6-ball. Instead of any spin on the cue ball, I would play a high follow rolling cue ball to get my cue ball behind the 6-ball. I find that using spin on the cue ball makes it more difficult on this type of shot to control it behind the 6-ball. I can't imagine Frost doing anything else with this layout and needing 3 balls to win the game.

t-dog

Verified Member
I also would play your shot of shooting the spotted ball straight back while playing all cue ball to get behind the 6-ball. Instead of any spin on the cue ball, I would play a high follow rolling cue ball to get my cue ball behind the 6-ball. I find that using spin on the cue ball makes it more difficult on this type of shot to control it behind the 6-ball. I can't imagine Frost doing anything else with this layout and needing 3 balls to win the game.

I agree. Thanks everyone for commenting.