ive had little free time lately....:mad:
its scotts shot
ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I'm banking the 12 to my hole and putting the cue on the side rail next to the 2nd or 3rd diamond, if it goes I get out... the combo next to my pocket is too easy to miss and as Grady would say is "fraught with peril"...

B

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I could never pass up that combo... However I would play it rail first so the shape would come out better.

Rail first allows you to have a thicker hit on the combo so your cue ball will travel less distance and take a better line.

Dud

ss2.jpg

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
The shot...

The shot...

....is a given.Its where you leave the CB that counts....lots of possibilities here for more shots.....the first 3 posts might be saying where the next 3-6 shots will be from after that shot was the point I thought.......maybe not......

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I'd make the combo but go 10 ball first and then to the rail with RH english a little low and end up with position on the red ball near the spot. Even I might be able to get out from here.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I'm banking the 12 to my hole and putting the cue on the side rail next to the 2nd or 3rd diamond, if it goes I get out... the combo next to my pocket is too easy to miss and as Grady would say is "fraught with peril"...

B

just so we dont guess
which ball are you calling the 12 ball???

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I could never pass up that combo... However I would play it rail first so the shape would come out better.

Rail first allows you to have a thicker hit on the combo so your cue ball will travel less distance and take a better line.

Dud

View attachment 7242
Double ditto, rail first on the combination looks like the shot here.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Wow, the thing that amazes me about these threads the most is how different obviously good players see things. I would never even think, like not even remotely, about anything else other than shooting the combo BALL FIRST. The rail first would never even enter my mind. I'd use right and go right at that 3, but even if i hit that 4, id still have the first ball in the combo to shoot next. Anyway...:confused:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Wow, the thing that amazes me about these threads the most is how different obviously good players see things. I would never even think, like not even remotely, about anything else other than shooting the combo BALL FIRST. The rail first would never even enter my mind. I'd use right and go right at that 3, but even if i hit that 4, id still have the first ball in the combo to shoot next. Anyway...:confused:

I'm with Tyler here. Also, I would not try to break up the two balls Frank wants to go for. They don't go for my oppo, are blocking 2 more balls on his side, and I don't need them to get out. As a friend of mine says, "you fell on a duck farm."

backplaying

Verified Member

Dud

View attachment 7242

You would be betting the game on it. I would shoot the combo by spinning it in with outside and playing shape on the 7.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I agree you are betting the game... so that is why I would shoot a free shot with the chance of running if it goes, and if it doesn't I definitley would control the game from here...

Becoming a ducker more and more every day...

B

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
For those that think the combo is on (providing their right)their thinking is correct, whichever way it's played. But if the combo is laying too difficult then banking the ball located at the top center of the table would be my first choice of options. With this shot you have a chance to win the game if the bank goes. Plus, if the bank is missed you will be applying heavy pressure on your opponent to come up with a good shot. All along ...never jeopardizing your position.

Dr. Bill

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Maybe 2 rail the one ball making the nine in the side and leaving whitey in its place.

After the shot you have to picture the cue ball where the 9 is and the one ball by your hole and the 9 ball spotted up if you don't make it. Looks like a good position to have then.

If you make the one ball it looks like you might have a couple of shots after that.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm with Tyler here. Also, I would not try to break up the two balls Frank wants to go for. They don't go for my oppo, are blocking 2 more balls on his side, and I don't need them to get out. As a friend of mine says, "you fell on a duck farm."

Actually I don't normally like breaking up balls like these also. But in this case it looks like the combo requires a thin hit on the stripe ball thus the cue ball will have a lot of speed and I can use these balls to get the cue ball under control and in good position to run many more.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Maybe 2 rail the one ball making the nine in the side and leaving whitey in its place.

After the shot you have to picture the cue ball where the 9 is and the one ball by your hole and the 9 ball spotted up if you don't make it. Looks like a good position to have then.

If you make the one ball it looks like you might have a couple of shots after that.

That was a good option Steve, as was the one rail bank on the 12?..However, I do not think it would require exceptional skill, to execute Dudley's 'rail first' on the combo...I would call it a 'gimme', and it would almost certainly be my first choice..Cannot tell for sure, it may be very makable, without going rail first.
...I would be very surprised if it wasn't Scott's first choice too. (one way or the other)...:cool:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
will post scotts shot choice and results tommorrow
bille trust your insticts( not saying thats what scott shot:eek:)
being a ducker and not a sell outer is a step in the right direction
jmho
will explain more tommorrow
:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dannt di and billy didnt like the combo choice
thought it was missable and might not be rewarding enough
billy wanted for scott to look to put the cueball in the top left corner perhaps coming off the 1 ball
the combo must not have been so dead
like our bille said frought with perril
but of course scott shot the combo rail first but didnt leave himself much
ss3.jpg