Free Live Stream: Friday/Saturday - Boch's One Pocket Challenge

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I watched part of Frank's match and it was 1-0 Frank, I went away for just a short time and when I came back i guess it was over because Wayne and John were getting ready to play.

Watched a lot of that match and yes, they may have missed some shots but I liked that final game they played hill/hill. Good back and forth and came down to where either guy could have won.

Table definitely seems slow and rails maybe not as live but its cool to see the game played on a 10 foot, changes the game quite a bit. You could for sure go for your hole a little more and leave the CB long up table near the rail and gl on your opponent making that shot...he would have to get out his binoculars.

Hopefully will get to catch some more this weekend, good luck today guys!

Great home room and great stream, thanks again Daniel!

(I have not been able to hear any of the commentary as I have it muted so it doesn't disturb my better half) :sorry

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Enjoyable play from everyone. It's been a long time since I've played on a 10-footer, and of course the increased table dimension does make it seem slower; but the speed of the table they're using seems to me about the speed which most tables used to be-- certainly back in the '50s-'70s. In general the tables were slower than those of today. It took a good stroke to move the balls around the table for longer distances. The slightly slower speeds seemed beneficial for 9 ball, because the shooter could let out his stroke a little. But it makes it a little more challenging for 1P.

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

What time does play start today?

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Enjoyable play from everyone. It's been a long time since I've played on a 10-footer, and of course the increased table dimension does make it seem slower; but the speed of the table they're using seems to me about the speed which most tables used to be-- certainly back in the '50s-'70s. In general the tables were slower than those of today. It took a good stroke to move the balls around the table for longer distances. The slightly slower speeds seemed beneficial for 9 ball, because the shooter could let out his stroke a little. But it makes it a little more challenging for 1P.

~Doc
i would agree with this.....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What time does play start today?
I was wondering that also. Daniel will probably post the match times soon. But it does say on the YT site that coverage begins each day at 10 A.M., so they may keep to the same schedule as they had yesterday.

The players are probably now just tearing into their Frosted Flakes and Ovaltine, although Phil seems more like a Starbucks and Skittles fan...:D

~Doc

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I was wondering that also. Daniel will probably post the match times soon. But it does say on the YT site that coverage begins each day at 10 A.M., so they may keep to the same schedule as they had yesterday.

The players are probably now just tearing into their Frosted Flakes and Ovaltine, although Phil seems more like a Starbucks and Skittles fan...:D

~Doc

I think he said 12, Doc.. Which is 3 my time.. New York time.. It might be have said 11.. Can't be sure..

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I think he said 12, Doc.. Which is 3 my time.. New York time.. It might be have said 11.. Can't be sure..

I'm just finishing my frosted flakes and Ovaltine and getting ready to head over there. First match is at 12 pm PST.

The table is very intimidating because it does play a bit slow and the banks need a bit of getting used to. There are a lot of shots that you want o shoot at but the distance makes you think twice about it. We'll see what happens to day. Enjoy the matches.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

~Doc

It is a challenging table Doc. I think Frank figured it out first to play as many shots as possible with center cue ball.

I had a little meltdown against Wayne and let him back in it 2/2, but I noticed he likes to spin the spot shots(I scratched a few times) and the added distance caused him problems with a shot he usually makes.

I am having a great time and it is nice to see some old friends and tee it up today with Frank.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It is a challenging table Doc. I think Frank figured it out first to play as many shots as possible with center cue ball.

I had a little meltdown against Wayne and let him back in it 2/2, but I noticed he likes to spin the spot shots(I scratched a few times) and the added distance caused him problems with a shot he usually makes.

I am having a great time and it is nice to see some old friends and tee it up today with Frank.

Sorry I could not watch the match full time John, I had to go pull weeds in the yard. How about that Hermosa Beach. I would live there if I could afford it.

gerri3404

Verified Member
The action continues on day 2 of James Boch's One Pocket Challenge!

The action continues on day 2 of James Boch's One Pocket Challenge!

First match today is John R Henderson vs. Frank Almanza...

Watch it live on www.POVPOOL.com

IMG_0224.JPG

gerri3404

Verified Member
Big foot finals!

Big foot finals!

James Boch's One Pocket 10' Challenge is down to the FINAL 2!!!
Frank Almanza vs. John R Henderson
Watch it LIVE on www.POVPOOL.com

FullSizeRender.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
It was a long day for me. I was running on fumes for the last half dozen games. Nine hours straight.

Got beat by my long time buddy John Henderson. He truly is a war horse. It's amazing how exhausting it is to play on a 10 footer for so many games. You see a lot of shots that you would normally take but then you start second guessing yourself. My body was still willing to go my mind was saying that enough is enough.

All in all it was quite an experience. Sorry I let you guys down that were rooting for me.

keoneyo

Verified Member
It was a long day for me. I was running on fumes for the last half dozen games. Nine hours straight.

Got beat by my long time buddy John Henderson. He truly is a war horse. It's amazing how exhausting it is to play on a 10 footer for so many games. You see a lot of shots that you would normally take but then you start second guessing yourself. My body was still willing to go my mind was saying that enough is enough.

All in all it was quite an experience. Sorry I let you guys down that were rooting for me.

Coming from the losers side was very tough. You put your heart into it and didnt let us down. Just a couple of shots I know you wish you could take back and that error when you accidentally touched whitey which caused a foul. You were up 2 games to 0 and that turned it around.
But John stuck with it and had a gear left.
It was so enjoyable and like to thank you and the rest of the entrants. Also James and Stephanie Boch and of course Daniel and Geraldine of POV.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Thanks to all of you guys for playing and allowing us to watch. I had never played on a 10 footer until N.O. Hitting balls with Jeff and I was surprised what a big difference that extra foot made! Pretty intimidating really. I loved watching what I was able to and hopefully will get to see more if it's posted somewhere. Congrats John and Frank for a great showing!!