Free Givaway...!!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Alfie Taylor (aka, Bicycle Willie) has authorized me, to conduct a giveaway contest. The prize will be five fresh copies, of the completed, updated version of his new book, "The Other Side Of The Road". (retail $24.95 ea.)

Any One Pocket.org member may enter (even Chicagoan's)..The winners, determined by random drawing..will each recieve a signed copy of the book.

Apparently the questions were too difficult...So just get your name in, and maybe you'll win a book :)

View attachment 5587

PS..Please note;...Detroit area resident's must pay $30.00 add'l. to cover
shipping & handling costs..:cool:

TO THE TOP !

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
My answer to question number 1 is Ronnie Allen but I could be wrong. As for number 2 I will guess that they were in church. :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
My answer to question number 1 is Ronnie Allen but I could be wrong. As for number 2 I will guess that they were in church. :)

We have our first wrong answers...I guess I should have made one of them, "Who is buried in Grants tomb"..(hint Ulyses S.)

OK "Slow Lenny"...I'll give you one more chance, and THAT will be your post #..:frus

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
We have our first wrong answers...I guess I should have made one of them, "Who is buried in Grants tomb"..(hint Ulyses S.)

OK "Slow Lenny"...I'll give you one more chance, and THAT will be your post #..:frus
Okay I will change it to San Jose Dick for answer number 1. :heh

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Okay I will change it to San Jose Dick for answer number 1. :heh

Can't say if you're right or wrong...wouldn't be fair to the other contestant's. :)

PS..But I will say you have now locked up #4...oops, delete-delete,...You tricked me into that Lenny..:frus

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Can't say if you're right or wrong...wouldn't be fair to the other contestant's. :)

PS..But I will say you have now locked up #4...oops, delete-delete,...You tricked me into that Lenny..:frus
Oh and the correct answer for #2 is the pizzeria eating that nasty diarrhea.
(sorry, NY pizza is the best)

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Answer to

#1 is:

Richie Florence or Eddie Robin.

#2 is a trick question:

There are/were no top local players from Chicago.

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

See. You're trying to trick ol' Lenny. The original answer to "Who's buried in Grants' tomb?" is...no one.

Its not extra for mail to Detroit, you're confusing us with Chicago again.

Detroit good...Chicago bad.

Detroit send USPS...Chicago send UPS.
:lol :eek: :lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dear "don't know much about history" Breath,

Grant and his wife are buried in Grants tomb. I've know that since I was at the 1963 Michigan State Fair.

P.S. What does the "S" in his name stand for?

RBL

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Answer to #1: must be the OP, the infamous San Jose Dick.

Answer to #2: must be the bathroom where they were all cowering in fear after seeing the monster d*ck (u or i, I couldn't decide). They didn't want to touch that. :eek::D

Thanks for the contest.

Dave

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That is strong

That is strong

How do you brag about something that you didnt do?
The only people that will believe you couldnt get played in Bensingers are local yokel dimwits.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
How do you brag about something that you didnt do?
The only people that will believe you couldnt get played in Bensingers are local yokel dimwits.

Beard

Sorry sir, incorrect answer ! You must answer at least one question correctly, to obtain a VALID post number....The answers should be quite obvious. (are you, by any chance, related to one Leonard Marshall ?)

Courtesy repeat...

Q. #1..Who is the greatest one pocket player, EVER,...to set foot in the old Bensinger's Pool Hall, in Chicago...including ALL the regular shortstops ?..(hint, he only stayed as long as he could hold his breath)

Q. #2..Where were all the "TOP [sic] LOCAL players" hiding, when he came in ?..(hint, they were USED to holding their breath)

PS..This is a bonified contest. That is why we offered TWO (2) choices..If #1 is too painful to answer, just answer #2..Thank you sir.

SuperDuck,....Pres. and CEO Price,Waterhouse LLC

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dear "don't know much about history" Breath,

Grant and his wife are buried in Grants tomb. I've know that since I was at the 1963 Michigan State Fair.

P.S. What does the "S" in his name stand for?

RBL

the "S" stands for hiram.....:eek:
NOW do i get a cookie????......:lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Does close get a guy a cigar?

Does close get a guy a cigar?

The bast one pocket player that ever set foot in the joint was a tie, with four players. Ronnie "fast Eddie" Allen:D Artie Bodendorfer..Leonard "Bugs" Rucker, and Richard "San Jose Dick" McMorran

The answer to the second question is they were hiding out at the bar trying to figure out how they could get three balls the best of it playing one of the four. Regardless of which one of the four it was.

Dr. Bill

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Q. #1..Who is the greatest one pocket player, EVER,...to set foot in the old Bensinger's Pool Hall, in Chicago...including ALL the regular shortstops ?..(hint, he only stayed as long as he could hold his breath)

Q. #2..Where were all the "TOP [sic] LOCAL players" hiding, when he came in ?..(hint, they were used to holding their breath)

I'll hazard a guess and say it was the Duck, in the bathroom, with the candlestick:p.

The disputed story is here:http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3919

RBL

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Since a free book is a free book...

1. SJD
2. Bathroom

B

P.S. Drunken interviews should not account for visits to poolrooms...:sorry

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
The bast one pocket player that ever set foot in the joint was a tie, with four players. Ronnie "fast Eddie" Allen:D Artie Bodendorfer..Leonard "Bugs" Rucker, and Richard "San Jose Dick" McMorran

The answer to the second question is they were hiding out at the bar trying to figure out how they could get three balls the best of it playing one of the four. Regardless of which one of the four it was.

Dr. Bill

Can I take these for my answers?

1.) I was thinking Eddie Taylor.

2.) Digging up old dead people for the next election. (Chicago is known for voters who have been dead for years, but vote for decades afterwards.)

Ken

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Since a free book is a free book...

1. SJD
2. Bathroom

Sir.
If you happen to win, and read my book, I hope it will mean more than "a free book is a free book". It happens to be a very good book. Thank you.
Keep it nice. Alfie