Freddie (The Beard) Bentivegna

senor

Verified Member
My thoughts and prayers are with you Freddie. Hang in there.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
The Duke lasted over 15 years on one lung. I expect no less from The Beard. Don't ever sell your saddle Fred.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOECSQECaZI[/ame]

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Freddie, you and I have been close for 53 years, and to me you're the most beloved and revered person/player I have known through out those 53 years..you are the most loved player from our generation. We talked on Thursday and it was then that you told me that they detected cancer in your lung and asked me not to mention it to no one. I tried calling you today and didn't get an answer, I wanted to talk to you because I feel you must feel alone, and I didn't want you to feel that way. Please try to understand that i'm posting this to show you the love and support that you'll be given through your fight against your toughest opponent ever, and I know for certain that you will feel the love that will help you get through this. I believe that you will survive because I have always looked at you as a survivor and you have too much heart not to.

You have been the "underdog" just about all your life and that never stopped you from succeeding, yes you have succeeded "big time" in everything you have done and I admire you more than you can ever imagine..just wanted you to know that. :)

Your friend always,
Bill Incardona

Very nice sentiment Dr. Bill. Unabashed regard for your dear friend. It is good to see. My best wishes for Fred's full recovery. I only met him once but he posted a very favorable impression upon me. I wish I had had the pleasure of meeting him years ago.

Good Luck Freddy,

Tom

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I wrote this some time ago when I was having a brush with a serious health problem. There was another fellow I knew who was also in a battle for his life at the same time. I wanted to remind him, to reinforce in him who he is, what he is, what we are. And now, who and what you are Freddy, a warrior. These words are for you. I hope you see them and take them to heart and know they are true.

Words of a Warrior

So, here we are again old foe. I see your resolve hasn't waned.
Once again you have come to take from a spirit you believe you've tamed.

Must I remind you again, at risk of sounding brash, of whom you’re about
to confront.
You seem to have forgotten the battles we’ve fought so I suppose I must be blunt .

Ah, good fortune is mine to have a foe such as you, I’m honored to keep
you at bay
But once again, though mighty you are, when it’s done. It will be my day

Yes, it’s true, you have wounded me many times. But fallen I’ve not and
you know the reason why?
A Warrior I was born, and as a Warrior I have lived, and only a Warrior will cause me to die.

What’s that you say? No, I meant no disrespect. You are very powerful
and not to be taken light
Indeed, it is because of your power that I am strengthened and prepared to fight.

So bring your best to this new field of battle and do what you think you must
But know this old foe. It is I who will be standing, when the winds clear the dust.

John Gardner

John; These are such prophetic words which truly deserve to be etched in stone! I know Freddy will derive much inspiration from your post! I know I have, and can only hope if I face that fatal opponent again, I'll stand toe to toe once more in victory!

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!!! BRAVO
:):):):)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Very nice sentiment Dr. Bill. Unabashed regard for your dear friend. It is good to see. My best wishes for Fred's full recovery. I only met him once but he posted a very favorable impression upon me. I wish I had had the pleasure of meeting him years ago.

Good Luck Freddy,

Tom
Thank you Tom, I realized the dilemma I was confronted with and decided to post the sad news in spite of things. Just had a strong feeling that it was right.

I know that there are many people that have either gone through tough situations like Fred's, or heard of people that have done well with this type of illness and wanted them to tell their story. Plus, there are just too many people that love Fred and would want to support him as he goes through this trying time.

Thanks to all that have added thoughts of inspiration, I know he's going to fight harder and give himself a better chance of winning the battle he's confronted with.

Bill Incardona

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's very touching to read all the heart felt sentiments expressed here on the forum. I hope Fred gets to read all the posts. If he's at home, I'm sure he will. And Bill, I don't think he'll be mad at you for telling it like it is.

It sounds like Fred has a shot at beating this, especially if it's operable. Chemotherapy is not fun, but neither is it usually as bad as many people imagine.

You've always been one of my favorite guys, Fred. I'm praying that you'll pull through this as slick as a whistle!

I hope you'll keep us updated.

Sending sincere wishes your way~

Doc

OPBEAST

Verified Member
He's on the back rail but Freddy's gonna bring the shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers sent!

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
I don't get on site like I used to, but after Hawks loss thought I little one hole talk might soften the loss. News like this puts sports and trivial day to day issues in perspective. Been a big Beard fan for years and expect to be for years to come. Freddy is a champion on and off the table and what he has done for the pool world has been greatly understated. Get this opponent stuck bad and on to your next project. Lotsa love out here for you!

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Get well soon Beard. You know you can give it the 5 ball and beat this cancer. Besides, you still have to get all of us vol 2 of your Pool Encyclopedia.

dontscratch

Verified Member
From
Freeman va
A quick story. My girlfriend was ordering me a copy of Freddys DVD for Christmas. He must have asked if she wanted it personalized because when I opened it up on Christmas morning it said Bank on sister-brings
a smile to my face everytime I see it. Get well soon!

Keith McCready

Verified Member
"Straight back underneath your nut-sack, Freddie." This should be a hanger for you. All you gotta do is fight like you did against me. Never give up, Freddie.

Your friend always, Keith

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
Tell him Billy!

Tell him Billy!

Freddie, you and I have been close for 53 years, and to me you're the most beloved and revered person/player I have known through out those 53 years..you are the most loved player from our generation. We talked on Thursday and it was then that you told me that they detected cancer in your lung and asked me not to mention it to no one. I tried calling you today and didn't get an answer, I wanted to talk to you because I feel you must feel alone, and I didn't want you to feel that way. Please try to understand that i'm posting this to show you the love and support that you'll be given through your fight against your toughest opponent ever, and I know for certain that you will feel the love that will help you get through this. I believe that you will survive because I have always looked at you as a survivor and you have too much heart not to.

You have been the "underdog" just about all your life and that never stopped you from succeeding, yes you have succeeded "big time" in everything you have done and I admire you more than you can ever imagine..just wanted you to know that. :)

Your friend always,
Bill Incardona

I'm so glad you wrote this Billy...

xo -a

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi Freddy,

Here is one of my favorite quotes from the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel":

"Everything will be alright in the end. So, if it is not alright, it is not yet the end.”

We will be sending the good thoughts your way! And remember, you have made a lifetime out-running bad spots, this one just happens to be in your lung. Get your running shoes on!

Dave

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Fred,

Other than I love and respect you, and my church will be praying for you and your family, there's not a whole lot else to say that hasn't already been said.

Praying and trusting that the Lord will completely heal you and bless you and your family with a strong sense of his peace, presence and love.

Your pal always,

Terry

PS-THANK YOU BILLY for letting us know so prayers can be said!

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
AS you can ......

AS you can ......

.......see their invoking most of the Gods for your bad self,Jesus,Buddha,Allah and I'll throw in a Hawaiian God as soon as I hear back that he's still in business so you best get this act together and on to the next...........cheers,James

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I got a email yesterday about Mr Beard, I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago for a couple days-pissed off I didnt call him.

As long as its not small cell lung cancer its very likely Freddy will beat it, Small cell is beatable too-just much more difficult.

I will be in Chicago again in a few weeks, i'll give Mr Beard a email or call. He is among my all time favorite people in the pool world.

stay strong buddy,

Fatboy

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
"Straight back underneath your nut-sack, Freddie." This should be a hanger for you. All you gotta do is fight like you did against me. Never give up, Freddie.

Your friend always, Keith

LOL thats right and he will too, I played him 2 years ago-nothing serious. He had some sort of flash back and that "I'm too old shit went right out the window" Freddy banked them all in.