Frank The Barber

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Terrific photo Mr. Ross -- it is great to see your "flashback" views of great players from tournaments past!!! Today's digital images are commonplace, but good quality photos from those older tournaments are much rarer!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
When Sunnyone asked about making another movie about pool my first thought was it would have to be done in B&W. This Photo illustrates why. It is such a cool medium perfect for photographing pool.

Nice picture Mr. Ross

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I remember that look....Franks the only guy I ever played in life, 76-81 in So. Cal. that I couldn't beat and he couldn't beat me either/nine ball, No matter how long we played, very annoying. But Frank did manage his action better. That was during Morro's beginning days of playing good, Arturo, Sergio/Little Sergio and of course Ernesto and a few others. This group had their hands full with Frank during those days....Kieth was playing out of the Original Hard Times in Costa Mesa during that period....he was starting to beat em all.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wow, Frank! You went first class there. And what craftsmanship. Upland is a nice place to live-- out of all the L.A. mess. I had several friends in Claremont, but I haven't been there in many, many years. You didn't get that Centennial from Helfert, did you?

Very nicely done room, AND website.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
frank what a beautiful room
evrything first class and many pieces hand crafted
really really nice
the picture of you coming thru the door in the juxtaposition of the color of money and the hustler is priceless
:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That's fantastic, Frank. It's so perfect down to the jukebox, which I would be playing all the time. Features I truly love are the ball tray lights, the drawer in the table and "the chair". That's the electric chair they have to sit and wait in for you to miss. And whoever made that overhead light. What a piece of work. A lots of good reading and real advice and tips for players of all caliber on there as well...

SJDinPHX

Suspended
These days I just need a wash rag to comb my hair. Here are some pictures of my table that is used primary for one pocket these days. www.bisdogs.com/dabarbr

Frank, all I can say is "perfection", for the work of art you have created !...You are the envy of all, for what you have accomplished !...I am sure it is the best home 'game room' I have ever seen !....Allow me to show you my little combination.."air-conditioned garage, workshop, Computer room, bar,(fully stocked) and laundromat" game room !...I really enjoy working with my hands, as you do, but I lacked the foresight to create what you did !

View attachment 8426

It certainly pales in comparison to your masterpiece...But I am sure we've both enjoyed the many good times we've had in them !...Your blogs are also 'top notch' !...I read every word, and can certainly see how much valuable knowledge, and thought you put into them !..Now I can see why our friend, John H., brags on you so much..Its my loss, we didn't get to know each other better, "back in the day"..:)

Best regards, (from your newest 'wannabe')

Dick

Last edited: