Four Types of 1P Shots

bstroud

Verified Member
blast shot

blast shot

I was playing Beanie in DC and froze him to the stack on the other side from his pocket so many times in a row that he finally just rammed the cue ball into the stack as hard as he could.

He lucked a ball in his pocket and ran out.

He then quit.

So much for the correct shot.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I was playing Beanie in DC and froze him to the stack on the other side from his pocket so many times in a row that he finally just rammed the cue ball into the stack as hard as he could.

He lucked a ball in his pocket and ran out.

He then quit.

So much for the correct shot.

Bill Stroud

Why did you forget too call the foul? Or were you playing too loose?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Excellent post Artie.

Well with the OPG's thread asking about finding an advantage in an even game it made me think of this thread. Even though Freddy thinks my "Weenie Beenie good, Detroit Whitey bad" is in the top 10 funniest ever threads here I have to put post #21 in this thread above it.

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Well with the OPG's thread asking about finding an advantage in an even game it made me think of this thread. Even though Freddy thinks my "Weenie Beenie good, Detroit Whitey bad" is in the top 10 funniest ever threads here I have to put post #21 in this thread above it.

RBL

Wrong AGAIN Bar Rag Breath,...

Post #22 is the "Pearl in the Oyster"...:cool:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=21189&postcount=22

PS..I am off to Jimbo's, (for some 'intelligent conversation).. before I say, what I REALLY think about the Lunatic/moron...:frus

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres is arties post for those that missed it
Cowboy Dennis, you are absolutely correct with every post you've ever made on this site. ITs great to play without control. Especially when you are being staked by people with a lot of money. YOU HAVE TO LEAR THE CORRECT SHOT. ANd every shot you shoot has to be the correct shot. And Cowboy Dennis knows the right shot every time. And the reason you do that is becuse if you shoot the correct shot. It will force your opponent to make a mistake. This is not a crap game or a LUCK GAME. ITS real easy. If you play the whole game mistake free you will win. Mitakes make you lose. AND again. Shooting 7 to 5 shots and your opponent is shooting 4 to 5 shots you cannot win, unless you are getting 10-1 on the money, 50% of the time, and that only happens one time out of three. So dot look for gimmicks and angles.Except for 3 hit and the pick. BUt look to learn to shoot the correct shots, like Cowboy Dennis. And keep inproving on shooting beter and better shots. Anyone cand shoot up in the air with no control. SJD has done that for years. And doing that is missleading. And does not work. You have to no what you are doing. You have to no when to shoot and when not to shoot. Only Cowboy Dennis truly understands this. Read his posts again and again. And always play the percentages. THat also dictates what we should shoot. If you dont shoot the wright shot you cannot win, even against a player from Chicago. Experamenting in a game does not work. My advice is learn to play correctly from Cowboy Dennis and all of his expert opinions and experience, or hang it up.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
heres is arties post for those that missed it
Cowboy Dennis, you are absolutely correct with every post you've ever made on this site. ITs great to play without control. Especially when you are being staked by people with a lot of money. YOU HAVE TO LEAR THE CORRECT SHOT. ANd every shot you shoot has to be the correct shot. And Cowboy Dennis knows the right shot every time. And the reason you do that is becuse if you shoot the correct shot. It will force your opponent to make a mistake. This is not a crap game or a LUCK GAME. ITS real easy. If you play the whole game mistake free you will win. Mitakes make you lose. AND again. Shooting 7 to 5 shots and your opponent is shooting 4 to 5 shots you cannot win, unless you are getting 10-1 on the money, 50% of the time, and that only happens one time out of three. So dot look for gimmicks and angles.Except for 3 hit and the pick. BUt look to learn to shoot the correct shots, like Cowboy Dennis. And keep inproving on shooting beter and better shots. Anyone cand shoot up in the air with no control. SJD has done that for years. And doing that is missleading. And does not work. You have to no what you are doing. You have to no when to shoot and when not to shoot. Only Cowboy Dennis truly understands this. Read his posts again and again. And always play the percentages. THat also dictates what we should shoot. If you dont shoot the wright shot you cannot win, even against a player from Chicago. Experamenting in a game does not work. My advice is learn to play correctly from Cowboy Dennis and all of his expert opinions and experience, or hang it up.

Attention Forum Member's...!

If that were truly an 'unedited' post, by AB,...then RBL owes him at least 150 Bl@w Job's...:rolleyes: (or a hugh amount of $$$$$$$$$)...I look for him to settle for the 'BJ's'..;) ;) In fact, I'm laying 500 to 1, he does !!!.:D

SuperDuck <---KNOWS how hard it is to get cash out of the 'no paying' flake...:help

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Attention Forum Member's...!

If that were truly an 'unedited' post, by AB,...then RBL owes him at least 150 Bl@w Job's...:rolleyes: (or a huge amount of $$$$$$$$$)...I look for him to settle for the 'BJ's'..;) ;) In fact, I'm laying 500 to 1, he does !!!.:D

SuperDuck <---KNOWS how hard it is to get cash out of the 'no paying' flake.

Speaking of no-paying flakes where the hell is my NFL money? I ran out of Jenna's finest a month ago. Oh yeah, the price went up so just send $1863.45, that should cover the 8 bottles.

Regarding this thread: It's tied for 1st place with this post (from this thread:http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5465) for the funniest ever on this site. All intelligent people agree on that.

Cowboy Dennis said:
1. Never heard of you...blah, blah, blah...Bensingers once with RF...blah, blah, blah...no action & couldn't breathe...blah, blah, blah.

2. Played RA 9-8...blah, blah, blah...fortunate sometimes...blah, blah, blah.

3. You started it...blah, blah, blah...I was kidding, you took it serious...blah, blah, blah....it wasn't a knock...blah, blah, blah.

4. I have family in Chicago...blah, blah, blah...just referencing them...blah, blah, blah...it doesn't bother the Ghost...blah, blah, blah.

5. Ego...blah, blah, blah...bragging...blah, blah, blah...sexual conquests...blah, blah, blah...illicit pharmaceutical intake...blah, blah, blah.

6. Weanie Beanie good...blah, blah, blah...Detroit Whitey bad...blah, blah, blah.

7. Pm's from people...blah, blah, blah...truth about you...blah, blah, blah.

8. Doggie bed liner...blah, blah, blah...U.P.S. 20 years...blah, blah, blah.

9. Just teasing you...blah, blah, blah...don't stroke out...blah, blah, blah...can't you take a joke?...blah, blah, blah.

10. Niche game...blah, blah, blah...thinskinned...blah, blah, blah...regional game...blah, blah, blah...easily offended...blah, blah, blah...dead game...blah, blah, blah...Darren Appleton...blah, blah, blah...head shaped wrong...blah, blah, blah.

P.S. It's good to see you finally learned how to spell "huge".

Don't make me ask again or I will take a trip to AZ:eek:.

goodbye ducky.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Speaking of no-paying flakes where the hell is my NFL money? I ran out of Jenna's finest a month ago. Oh yeah, the price went up so just send $1863.45, that should cover the 8 bottles.

Regarding this thread: It's tied for 1st place with this post (from this thread:http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5465) for the funniest ever on this site. All intelligent people agree on that.

P.S. It's good to see you finally learned how to spell "huge".

Don't make me ask again or I will take a trip to AZ:eek:.

goodbye ducky.jpg

Hey Duckbreath, you seem to have not noticed this post:eek:. I know you never miss a chance to rebuke me:eek:.

RBL

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Wrong shot verses right shot....

Wrong shot verses right shot....

I am a 48 year old newbie (okay a few years) of playing one pocket.

I hear often about "shooting the right shot". But here is a question that makes it a little cloudy for me.

Is the right shot for me, the same right shot for Artie, and the right shot for Efren?

In the games I match up, with various levels (slightly better to equal), if I can shoot a shot with higher success than a different shot is it still the wrong shot?

For example, I find shooting a two railer from the opposite end and corner (direct diagonal of my pocket) shot comes up often and I shoot it very well. Significantly better than most of my opponents. And it is shot that I get often as well. It has won me many games.

Most of my opponents bank incredible. (Kentucky, go figure) Where does the Incardona calculation of make verses miss coorespond to "right shot"? :frus

I hope this is clear. I would appreciate serious, sincere respones.

Thanks, and I do use this site as learning site as well as giggles.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I

Ken

This has been settled by a higher authority:p

..........TWO DAYS PER SHOT..........

High Rollin' Dick, a dude known to be slick
Stood watching a game of pool

His shoes were shined, he was dressed to the nines
He knew he was looking real cool

It was the seventh frame of a one-pocket game
And Dick was sweatin' it out

He sat down to relax with two Yukon Jacks
But then he started to shout

"Are you insane or not, don't you dare shoot that shot
Shoot the nine or you'll surely get beat"

"I've bet a thousand on you and you know I'm down two"
Then he leapt to his feet

He said "I'll show you the shot, what's right and what's not
I'll explain every little detail"

Then he turned to the crowd, stepped forward and bowed
And said "when I'm through he'll think he's in jail

But Billy said "wait', I'd shoot the eight
And you know it's the right thing to do"

Then Doc said "hey look, it's right here in the book
Grady says he'd shoot the two"

Artie said "squeeze 'em and duck and then hide
Lock all the balls up that way"

"By the time that you win rigor mortis sets in
They're easy to beat this way"

Then chaos ensued, it got ugly and rude
All thought that they knew the most

And then through the wall as if not there at all
Came a straight-shootin' One Pocket Ghost

"Shoot the seven" he opined, "or you're out of your mind
I'll tell you for the last time today"

Freddy said "thanks, but I see three banks
Where was it that you learned to play?"

"I'd shoot the four" said Mr. Senor
"And I'll say it again and again"

"The four is the nuts if you've got the guts
In my eyes, you shoot it you win"

But Rod said "the one, I'm not here for the fun
Do you really need me to shout?"

"Cut the one thin and watch it roll in
Make the one, run eight and out"

Now Steve had been listening to all of them bicker
Over the right shot to play

His patience was long but he said "you're all wrong
Shoot the twelve and you'll win today"

Then came a voice from above, it was clear and it roared
And they started to tremble and shake

It said, "what's wrong with you all, don't you know that the shot
Is the one that he thinks he can make"

I hope this helps:)

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I am a 48 year old newbie (okay a few years) of playing one pocket.

I hear often about "shooting the right shot". But here is a question that makes it a little cloudy for me.

Is the right shot for me, the same right shot for Artie, and the right shot for Efren?

In the games I match up, with various levels (slightly better to equal), if I can shoot a shot with higher success than a different shot is it still the wrong shot?

For example, I find shooting a two railer from the opposite end and corner (direct diagonal of my pocket) shot comes up often and I shoot it very well. Significantly better than most of my opponents. And it is shot that I get often as well. It has won me many games.

Most of my opponents bank incredible. (Kentucky, go figure) Where does the Incardona calculation of make verses miss coorespond to "right shot"? :frus

Ken

The simple answer is NO. The windy answer below. :)

As you know your ability better than anyone, the right shot is the shot you are most comfortable with.
This is not to say that we don't all overlook shots from time to time.
When considering more than one positive shot, how well I handle each is a serious consideration.
The right shot for me might look wrong to ( and be wrong for) many, but I know what I'm capable of.
Rod

Skin

Verified Member
The simple answer is NO. The windy answer below. :)

As you know your ability better than anyone, the right shot is the shot you are most comfortable with.
This is not to say that we don't all overlook shots from time to time.
When considering more than one positive shot, how well I handle each is a serious consideration.
The right shot for me might look wrong to ( and be wrong for) many, but I know what I'm capable of.
Rod

For myself I add this, Rod...as long as it's not stupid. :eek: Gotta keep reminding myself of that at times.

Skin < a sucker for pretty faces, lost dogs, and a go-fers

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The right shot?

The right shot?

Every player has their own arsenal of shots that they have developed into their game. Playing pool, especially one pocket you will be confronted with options when you're at the table. You as a player must figure out what option best suits your arsenal of shots. If there is a particular shot that you feel really good about then you should try to use your imagination to use that shot, and often that will be possibly one of the options best suited for the situation. But technically maybe not the best option. But for you it is the best option. You would be foolish to try to execute another option, especially if you're not comfortable with the stroke or type of a shot that, that option demands. Too often games are lost because the player at the table tries to execute something that he thinks is right but inside he know's differently. Do what your stomach tells you is right, even when you have a dispute with your head, trust your gut. Later on after your match is over go to the practice table and develop the feel for the shot that your head said was right, and once you do that, then that's the right shot, when your head and your gut agree.

Dr. Bill

learningonepocket

Thanks Dr Bill What you said makes perfect sense.
Being new to the game I feel that conflict a lot.
But put plain and simple.
Shoot whats right for you at the time, But be smart enough to learn the shots that you are not confortabil with.
Really its the only way to learn.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Thanks Dr Bill What you said makes perfect sense.
Being new to the game I feel that conflict a lot.
But put plain and simple.
Shoot whats right for you at the time, But be smart enough to learn the shots that you are not confortabil with.
Really its the only way to learn.

LOP,

Don't forget Artie's most excellent advice in post #21:

Artie Bodendorfer said:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hail Mary full of grace

Hail Mary full of grace

This post would be more appropriately addressed to The Beard when he said that he would shoot the cross side Hail Mary shot in the Truman Piggy thread.

Dr. Bill

Hail Mary!!? Yeah, a cross side cut bank that I am 2 ft away from, off the rail, am trailing and need all the balls, which are wide open if I make it, by the way. No, I would rather wait for a 9 footer.

Beard

You like to present all those East Coast bank solutions. Thats how they would do it in the 7-11 poolroom in NY. Didnt matter if you won the game or lost the game anyway, Richie C would stick the guy up later in the hallway or bathroom.

Last edited: