Foul?

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
I've got a ball frozen on the first diamond up from my pocket. My opponent kicks at it from up table {bout the middle of the table} hits ball and rail at the same time. Is that not a foul?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
I've got a ball frozen on the first diamond up from my pocket. My opponent kicks at it from up table {bout the middle of the table} hits ball and rail at the same time. Is that not a foul?
Did you call the ball frozen? Did he agree? If it was agreed that it was frozen and he failed to drive it to another rail then it was a foul.

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I could be wrong, but I believe the general rule is that in the case of a "too close to call" split hit, the call goes to the shooter. I would say that applies here -- even if the ball is declared frozen, if both players agree that it was "at the same time" you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter, because the cue ball just as well could have hit the object ball a micro second before it hit the rail as the other way around, in which case it would be a good safe.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
I could be wrong, but I believe the general rule is that in the case of a "too close to call" split hit, the call goes to the shooter. I would say that applies here -- even if the ball is declared frozen, if both players agree that it was "at the same time" you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the shooter, because the cue ball just as well could have hit the object ball a micro second before it hit the rail as the other way around, in which case it would be a good safe.
steve
i went to look up in the world pool association rules after reading our own rules here about blackeee's question.
i cant find it now to quote but i did read that if a split hit was too close to call the benefit of the doubt went to the shooter.
however in this case there is no "too close to call or dispute" since the question is simultaneous hit not maybe simultaneous
so to me
if the ball was agreed upon frozen before the shot hitting the rail and the frozen ball simultaneously would still require after the hit the cue or object ball to hit a rail or the object ball go in a pocket
i agree with dennis

icbw

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
blackeee said:
whats your opinion??
and how did you and your opponent resolve it??
there may be 2 different answers;) :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
i agree with dennis

icbw
Dear "beaujolais" Breath,

How in hell can you write "I agree with Dennis" and then sign off with icbw? Are you kwazy? If you agree with Dennis you cannot ever be wrong:p .

P.S. Don't go postin' no shit about "maybe there are two answers" either. There's one answer and I f@@king gave it:eek: .

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:

How in hell can you write "I agree with Dennis" and then sign off with icbw? Are you kwazy? If you agree with Dennis you cannot ever be wrong:p .

P.S. Don't go postin' no shit about "maybe there are two answers" either. There's one answer and I f@@king gave it:eek: .

Dennis

Dear "angevitneB" Breath,

How many #$&@*^%#*&*!#^%+#$@-ing 'never wrong' A$$h**les are there on this forum ?...:rolleyes:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:

How in hell can you write "I agree with Dennis" and then sign off with icbw? Are you kwazy? If you agree with Dennis you cannot ever be wrong

P.S. Don't go postin' no shit about "maybe there are two answers" either. There's one answer and I f@@king gave it

Dennis
first of all its bordeaux or california cabernet breath:p
second you may think you are always right
but you could be wrong:eek: :p :)
icbw:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
lll said:
first of all its bordeaux or california cabernet breath:p
second you may think you are always right
but you could be wrong:eek: :p
icbw:)

Dennis thought he made a mistake once "but he was wrong" ;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear "angevitneB" Breath,

How many #$&@*^%#*&*!#^%+#$@-ing 'never wrong' A$$h**les are there on this forum ?...:rolleyes:
Dear "refrodnedob" Breath,

I never wrote I was never wrong (although I may be an a@@hole), I wrote that if he agreed with me than he'd never be wrong:) . Jeez, next thing you know you two f@@kin' hoopleheads will get Rod involved in this:p

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dear "refrodnedob" Breath,

I never wrote I was never wrong (although I may be an a@@hole), I wrote that if he agreed with me than he'd never be wrong . Jeez, next thing you know you two f@@kin' hoopleheads will get Rod involved in this

RBL
I never wrote I was never wrong (although I may be an a@@hole),

you could be right :eek: :D

I wrote that if he agreed with me than he'd never be wrong:

you could be right:eek: :D

next thing you know you two f@@kin' hoopleheads will get Rod involved in this

you could be wrong:p

goin to sleep soon
hasta manana

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
whats your opinion??
and how did you and your opponent resolve it??
there may be 2 different answers;) :D

I agree with Steve. Benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter and I didn't call it, although I wated to.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
I agree with Steve. Benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter and I didn't call it, although I wated to.
If the object ball was never called frozen then there was no doubt to get the benefit of, it was a good hit and no foul from the git-go (that's cowboy talk:) ).

RBL

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:
If the object ball was never called frozen then there was no doubt to get the benefit of, it was a good hit and no foul from the git-go (that's cowboy talk:) ).

RBL
The subject of the post was "foul" not "breath"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
blackeee said:
The subject of the post was "foul" not "breath"
The subject of the post (thread) was totally & completely meaningless. Since you already knew the ball had not been called frozen you knew that it was a good hit and not a foul before you asked the question. The only thing more irrelevant than all the posts after post #4 in this thread is post #1.

Dennis

Last edited:

onepocket926

Verified Member
From
Anderson, CA
...OK then....

...OK then....

Cowboy Dennis said:
The subject of the post (thread) was totally & completely meaningless. Since you already knew the ball had not been called frozen you knew that it was a good hit and not a foul before you asked the question. The only thing more irrelevant than all the posts after post #4 in this thread is post #1.

Dennis

...after reading your post....I'm not going to bother reading the original thread....I know this...if a ball is even close to the rail.....I always (yes I said ALWAYS)...call it frozen...and force my opponent to make the decision .....if I really want it frozen or not.....I'll argue....or flash my handy pocket size picture of Jennifer Aniston whilst I freeze or unfreeze the ball.....