Female One Pocket Players

mark_maxey

Verified Member
In all honesty, I can't think of any strong female one pocket players. I've heard that at one time jean balukas was strong.

Anyone know of any.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
mark_maxey said:
In all honesty, I can't think of any strong female one pocket players. I've heard that at one time jean balukas was strong.

Anyone know of any.
Well Jeanette Lee actually made it to like the round of 16 at the last DCC -- with over 300 entrants. She actually took Efren to the hill before he bore down and wrapped up the match 3-2. Even if he was given her a little wiggle room, that's pretty decent.

Also at the last DCC there was a pretty entertaining matchup between Rachel Abbink and John Mataya (Jimmy's brother), with a whole lotta money on the side. But although she is a straight shooter, she clearly had little clue as to shot selection and strategy -- despite supposedly being Larry Nevel's girlfriend (at least at some point, I know nothing about how long or whether still happening or whether it is even truth or just rumour).

I don't know if Alison Fisher got into any when she did that multi city tour with Grady -- does anyone know? Grady?

Sarah Rousey expressed curiosity about the game, but I don't know if she is pursuing it.

Sooner or later one or more are bound to get into One Pocket for the action available, I would think!

Keith McCready

Verified Member
The only lady one-pocket player that I've ever seen really gamble at it is Carla Johnson from Detroit. It's been a while since I've seen her. With whatever ability she had, she tried very hard and did well and was not afraid to bet her dust! ;)

vagabond

Verified Member
From
Interstate 40/or Interstate 10
Keith McCready said:
The only lady one-pocket player that I've ever seen really gamble at it is Carla Johnson from Detroit. It's been a while since I've seen her. With whatever ability she had, she tried very hard and did well and was not afraid to bet her dust! ;)

Howdy,
Should not be a surprise after Carla dating Top One Pocket Players in the country.Cheers
Vagabond

Last edited: