F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Barney just broke and it's Fred's shot. What would you do?

From here it looks like I can get between the 13 and 5 -- with a nearly full hit on the 13 -- and go to the bottom rail (and back up under the 9 if I'm lucky.)

If it doesn't look good at the table I'd just drag off the 1, trying to go behind the 9.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
From here it looks like I can get between the 13 and 5 -- with a nearly full hit on the 13 -- and go to the bottom rail (and back up under the 9 if I'm lucky.)

If it doesn't look good at the table I'd just drag off the 1, trying to go behind the 9.

I like dragging off the 1. Alternately, I am considering kicking at the 3 hopefully a little to the right of it so I can double ticky off it and the 9. If I miss the 3 long maybe it will catch som of the 9 and ticky off it or make it. If my aim is a little too wide, it could come off the rail and ticky or make the 9. Any of the above is good for me if I don't scratch.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Alternately, I am considering kicking at the 3 hopefully a little to the right of it

Too scary for me. Have to get just the right amount of spin off the rail and that's too hard for me to judge with the OB that far off the rail. (But I'll try to remember to suggest it to you if a shot like this comes up next time we play. :heh )

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Too scary for me. Have to get just the right amount of spin off the rail and that's too hard for me to judge with the OB that far off the rail. (But I'll try to remember to suggest it to you if a shot like this comes up next time we play. :heh )

You don't break good enough to put me in that position.:heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Great pics Dennis, good angles and great clarity.

Intentional foul; 4 rail kick at the back of the 9 ball, try to leave it behind the 9 where it will not be a cinch to put you back where you were, or a one rail kick to the same spot, also an intentional foul. Just want the CB in back of and or below the 9. At the table I would be better equipped to judge which intentional I would take.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Great pics Dennis, good angles and great clarity.

Intentional foul; 4 rail kick at the back of the 9 ball, try to leave it behind the 9 where it will not be a cinch to put you back where you were.

I like it, but I see two 4-rail kicks. One starting off the opponents long rail. Or one starting from the foot rail.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I like it, but I see two 4-rail kicks. One starting off the opponents long rail. Or one starting from the foot rail.

I'm right handed, and not a fan of using the rake, so the one I was referring to deals with shooting just inside the middle diamond with a tip of running lhe off his up table long rail, that should miss the 3 ball and fall behind the 9, off his down table long rail. Whew, Dave hope that is descriptive enough.

That said, I'm probably just unjointing the cue and jumping the 12/5 balls with the shaft, hitting the 9 and sticking right there while two railing the 9 into the back of the 14 and into my pocket. Then rejointing the cue and running out! :lol

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Bank the 1 to my side. Leave cue on top rail near 1st diamond area Barneys side

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Not bad. I think it's best to not move 1 much past mid-table. If it gets near your rail it's gonna be right where he wants to leave you after his next shot. If you don't stick him on the head rail, I think he'll be able to do something productive banking the 1 toward or around the stack or at the back of the stack, and stun forward.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The first shot I saw was gold crown's. bank the one towards the middle and leave him up near the head rail where he can't make the 2 balls near his pocket.

I also like the 4 rail kick shot (as an amateur 3 cushion enthusiast I like kicking probably more than I should hehe)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Chances are if you leave the CB up table from here, when you come back to the table you will be in worse shape... That 12/5 can be hit from anywhere up table and that will open more balls and push them closer to his pocket... Or the combo is almost a hanger unless you freeze him on the joint. Just my thoughts.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

Chances are if you leave the CB up table from here, when you come back to the table you will be in worse shape... That 12/5 can be hit from anywhere up table and that will open more balls and push them closer to his pocket... Or the combo is almost a hanger unless you freeze him on the joint. Just my thoughts.

That's why I ruled that 1 out. I agree Tall Jeff :)

Furthermore... I think I like Rodneys' shot here.

Last edited:

TomRoden

Verified Member
great minds think alike.

great minds think alike.

Andros beat me to this reply. Yup, hit the frozen balls and hide behind the stack. Btw,The carom, four ball combo looks dead.

youngstown

Verified Member
I would kick off the head rail trying to go wide of the 3 and 9, hoping to 2 rail kick the 9 and not scratch. I don't like it tho.

Well, that's, like, you're opinion, man.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
There is an aggressive shot here that isn't too difficult to pull off, but it's on the risky side. Stun draw up table off the 6 playing the carom. If you make it you'll have a better take out shot for his 2 near his pocket, hang it and he's got to deal with it on his turn.