ETA for members tournament at Lacy's

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Just a thought, but I'm throwing it out there as usual.... Come Early...

John Rizzo, James Christopher and I are arriving Thursday night the 22nd of September, we will be at Lacy's on Friday the 23rd about noon....

If everybody comes a day early, we will have plenty of time for everything.

C'mon guys it's only one more day, and it will be so much more fun if we have the time to relax and enjoy it... We will be sorry if we rush this, if we come together and don't take the time we will regret it... It's only once a year and the extra day ain't gonna matter to whoever is back home waiting on you...

Who cannot arrange for an extra day off...:rolleyes:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
arriving friday at MSY 4:25 PM. by the time i pick up bags, get a rental car, get outta there, get checked in at the hotel, etc. hoping to be there by 7ish....
:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
arriving friday at MSY 4:25 PM. by the time i pick up bags, get a rental car, get outta there, get checked in at the hotel, etc. hoping to be there by 7ish....
:)

Dustin,

Can you leave Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning? Couldn't you make that happen if you had to?

If we can get everybody there by 2pm Friday we will be able to practice, meet & mingle with each other, have a nice dinner together, and play the 1st round. And still have time to get plenty of rest or play some side action after the 1st round.

What would that do in terms of a 32 player bracket, playing a race to 3, wouldn't that make it much easier to complete Saturday matches without a marathon and finish early on Sunday?

C'mon Dustin, sign up for early arrival...then help me get them all to show early!!!:):):)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dustin,

Can you leave Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning? Couldn't you make that happen if you had to?

If we can get everybody there by 2pm Friday we will be able to practice, meet & mingle with each other, have a nice dinner together, and play the 1st round. And still have time to get plenty of rest or play some side action after the 1st round.

What would that do in terms of a 32 player bracket, playing a race to 3, wouldn't that make it much easier to complete Saturday matches without a marathon and finish early on Sunday?

C'mon Dustin, sign up for early arrival...then help me get them all to show early!!!:):):)

no can do brother. (already got non-refundable flight arrangements, i know a couple others are in same boat, doc's a no-go for fri as well....)

we got plenty of time for a 32 man bracket sat/sun. ;)

i still wanna eat a mudbug, maybe even go to a voodoo shop - put a curse on mitch's cue, place some good mojo on mine......

:D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Just a thought, but I'm throwing it out there as usual.... Come Early...

John Rizzo, James Christopher and I are arriving Thursday night the 22nd of September, we will be at Lacy's on Friday the 23rd about noon....

If everybody comes a day early, we will have plenty of time for everything.

C'mon guys it's only one more day, and it will be so much more fun if we have the time to relax and enjoy it... We will be sorry if we rush this, if we come together and don't take the time we will regret it... It's only once a year and the extra day ain't gonna matter to whoever is back home waiting on you...

Who cannot arrange for an extra day off...:rolleyes:

They don't open until 4 according to their web page

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
no can do brother. (already got non-refundable flight arrangements, i know a couple others are in same boat, doc's a no-go for fri as well....)

i still wanna eat a mudbug, maybe even go to a voodoo shop - put a curse on mitch's cue, place some good mojo on mine......

When I talk to Lacys I'll check to see if maybe we can get a few first round matches in Friday. I'll also confirm a 10am opening for Saturday. What time do you think we need to start Sunday? I'm also making an executive decision to cut off the entries to 32. We will need a few alternates in case someone gets sick or work gets in the way. I don't want the timing to get out of control.

I'm also going to check on a Voodoo Witch for you, but I may need one myself:)

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
ETA for members tournament at Lacy's

32 is plenty for this one imo. Based on others, I will now try to fly out early Friday to arrive onsite by early afternoon. (Just to chafe millers ass 🖕🏻👊🏼😂)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
When I talk to Lacys I'll check to see if maybe we can get a few first round matches in Friday. I'll also confirm a 10am opening for Saturday. What time do you think we need to start Sunday? I'm also making an executive decision to cut off the entries to 32. We will need a few alternates in case someone gets sick or work gets in the way. I don't want the timing to get out of control.

If we are going to start matches at 10am will he will have to open a little earlier? Also some people are wondering about a earlier opening time on Friday for practice/matchups?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm also making an executive decision to cut off the entries to 32. We will need a few alternates in case someone gets sick or work gets in the way.

If we do that (I'm against it unless Frank prefers that limit) we have to have a method of deciding which 32 before we get there.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

You are now promoted to co-conspirator ( with LSJohn & Gulfportdoc ) of the members only tournament for taking the bull by the horns... IMO 32 is perfect also with a couple more alternates just in case....

Having a member in Nawlins is a big plus for making this come off smoothly and it's a special bonus that he's friends with the owner, thanks for helping Jim ..:):)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If we do that (I'm against it unless Frank prefers that limit) we have to have a method of deciding which 32 before we get there.

1st 32 to pay their entry fee, plus 2 paid alternates who will get reimbursed should they not gain entry... Won't that work John?

Or a blood signed letter of intent...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

You don't need a refund do you Dustin, this early I'm sure any airline would accommodate a flight change, from Friday to Thursday...

I'll get you a nice fat mud bug and an evil witchy woman... :)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The only person who said they could not get there Friday is GulfportDoc. For us little guys who don't know the game very well, I say OK, Doc forfeits his first round. It evens the field a little. He will probably run through us anyway.
How much is entry fee? One hunnert or two?
Send all entry fees to JR Hendy Stake Horse Fund @scrzbill.:eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

OK, I can understand. Let's say we get 40 or 48, then there are a bunch of byes. Screw dat:sorry

First 32 commitments and alternates after that.

We see how this all plays out this first event and can make changes for next year if needed.

I'm not the boss man so if there are objections we can vote on it.