End game wwyd

unoperro

Verified Member
Playing even. You both need 2. Your shot . You have top right pocket where the chalk is.Resized_20200401_132552.jpegResized_20200401_132729.jpeg

beatle

Verified Member
i dont like the two rail into the 10, 15 with only two balls. so i think i one rail kick the 9 uptable thats an easy a shot i see without any chance of a sell out and some positive things if you get to hide him well..

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would take an intentional and leave everything as it is, I don't like kicking at the 9 or the 2 balls on the spot. not worth taking the chance on for me.
If he takes an intentional back , then there are 4 balls on the spot and I shoot the 2 rail out of the corner kick then.
Any pretty good player is going to know this , so after I take my intentional , what will he do?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
dont you skim off the 10/15 open them up and leave him back near his pocket????
I think you move the nine to his pocket if you do that or the bottom ball kisses over off the nine, you would have to hit it paper thin not to be taking a big chance.
If you can do it consistently , it's a great shot!

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
thin the 10 ball and 2 rail the cue ball to freeze on the back rail
That's my choice.

But if you want your opponent to raise the bet.... Observe that the two balls are frozen. Play into the front one from there with draw and it banks to your pocket. The other two balls end up on the head rail for the safe. (y)

unoperro

Verified Member
That's my choice.

But if you want your opponent to raise the bet.... Observe that the two balls are frozen. Play into the front one from there with draw and it banks to your pocket. The other two balls end up on the head rail for the safe. (y)
You see the 9 will go towards your opponents pocket?

beatle

Verified Member
even louie roberts couldn't thin those shots without selling out.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Easy. Slam the full front left side of the 10 ball and draw back off of the side rail to about where the CB started from. 15 ball goes 4 rails toward your hole, 9 ball goes 2 rail to your side of the table and the 10 ball stuns over toward your pocket. Simple and safe...

rnewkirk

Verified Member
Easy. Slam the full front left side of the 10 ball and draw back off of the side rail to about where the CB started from. 15 ball goes 4 rails toward your hole, 9 ball goes 2 rail to your side of the table and the 10 ball stuns over toward your pocket. Simple and safe...
OK, who stole or hacked into Mike's avatar. Can I borrow the Ghost's picture of LSD here ? :eek: :eek: :LOL::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

beatle

Verified Member
actually i didnt see that mike. if you can get the right angle off the 9 that is a good shot possibly. and of course can draw back from on the rail

unoperro

Verified Member
They called me "crazy" because I know from experiance shooting like this will 2 rail the 10 back to the opponents side and the 9 will 2 rail down to a almost straight in shot for my opponent. In other words it's no good.

Not what I did here as I know it won't be good.

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
I would take an intentional and leave everything as it is, I don't like kicking at the 9 or the 2 balls on the spot. not worth taking the chance on for me.
If he takes an intentional back , then there are 4 balls on the spot and I shoot the 2 rail out of the corner kick then.
Any pretty good player is going to know this , so after I take my intentional , what will he do?
I would also take the intentional foul and roll the cue ball to the middle of the head rail where his sight line would only be able to see the left side of the 9-ball. From that position I doubt if my opponent would shoot any shot other than an intentional foul. If he takes the intentional foul, it was an eye for an eye, we both need three balls to win. As "Billy Jackets" posted, "...then there are 4 balls on the spot and I shoot the 2 rail out of the corner kick then."

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Playing even. You both need 2. Your shot . You have top right pocket where the chalk is.
Thin the 10 on the left side to go two rails to leave it (CB) near where it started.
It (the shot) should push the 10 to my side rail near 3rd diamond, kick the 15 so it misses the 9 and 15 comes to rest about half-way to the side pocket from where it started.

Hit with speed to leave CB frozen on the head rail.
-B (edits for clarity, in color)

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
This set up is laying perfectly to kick two rails into either the 9ball or the 15ball, preferably the 9ball. IMO, the shooter has a clear advantage kicking in this spot. I urge every member to take this layout to the table and execute the kick and then make your decision.

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
I agree with Bill. You have about an eight inch window to kick and this is a spot to be aggressive. You try and duck here and your opponent will get the first opportunity to improve his position instead of you.

wgcp

Verified Member
Have to agree with the Dr. now that I am playing more...those 2 rail kicks are more accurate than what I had originally thought...and can get you out of a bunch of bad situations...

baby huey

Verified Member
It's good to see Dr. Bill back in the mix. The pictures could be a little better but with what we have I don't see the two rail kick being the best shot available. It looks like you could throw the spotted balls such that the back ball doesn't hit the nine ball or only skins it slightly if you hit the left side to the top ball spotted. It appears a standard safety off the left side of the top ball and let the cueball go to the side rail and down to the bottom rail.

unoperro

Verified Member
It's good to see Dr. Bill back in the mix. The pictures could be a little better but with what we have I don't see the two rail kick being the best shot available. It looks like you could throw the spotted balls such that the back ball doesn't hit the nine ball or only skins it slightly if you hit the left side to the top ball spotted. It appears a standard safety off the left side of the top ball and let the cueball go to the side rail and down to the bottom rail.
Thanks to all who responded and yeah I sure could have posted better pics. These are the type pics I complain about so shame on me.

Well you get a cookie, iced molasses,hope it suits you.

This is the shot I took but...this table has no spot and a small indent in the cloth from someone breaking at 27 to 30 mph.
I believe that recess caused the front ball to hardly move. Cueball was on footrail and opponent had a good shot to take out the 9 and 15 from the area. He chose to cross over the 10 and try and bank it so all 3 balls would be close to each other.
This afforded me the chance to once again cross over the 10 and go 2 rails behind the 9,which I practically froze on.

I knew this guy would never take a intentional so I never tried to get 4 balls on the spot. The 2 rail kick into the 4 ball string may not have been great because the 9 may afford a shot.