Encyclopedia's ordered! Finally.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I ordered the first batch of hard cover Encyclopedia of Pool Husters today, 919
(finally).They promised delivery to me on Oct 11th. Will send out to the pre pub people immediately after that.

Pre pub offer is officially over. I will still number the copies up until #200 but the price is now $59.95 plus $5 s&h for the 8.5 x 11 300 plus page volume. This will still include a copy of Diana Hoppe's Road Scholars DVD (retail $20 EBAY), and I will include a copy of either the 2011 BCA Hall of Fame Dinner DVD, or the 2011, 2012 or 2013 OnePocket Hall of Fame Dinner DVD.

Sorry I took so long.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Finally got around to starting the "Encyclopedia" I was gifted for my birthday. I'm just in the "B's", and I'm enjoying the stories. Looking forward to the rest of them!

Cheers~ Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
freddy
great things are worth the wait..:)
congrats on getting the project done
larry
p.s. to anyone who hasnt bought one yet
BUY ONE...:eek:
THEY ARE GREATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Fred, this is a major accomplishment. Anyone who has not done as well as you have with such a difficult project should never knock you. You are a credit to the pool world.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I ordered the first batch of hard cover Encyclopedia of Pool Husters today, 919
(finally).They promised delivery to me on Oct 11th. Will send out to the pre pub people immediately after that.

Pre pub offer is officially over. I will still number the copies up until #200 but the price is now $59.95 plus $5 s&h for the 8.5 x 11 300 plus page volume. This will still include a copy of Diana Hoppe's Road Scholars DVD (retail $20 EBAY), and I will include a copy of either the 2011 BCA Hall of Fame Dinner DVD, or the 2011, 2012 or 2013 OnePocket Hall of Fame Dinner DVD.

Sorry I took so long.

Beard

I don't remember signing any releases. It's ok as long as the checks arrive on time.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
You write as good as you bank ,very strong. GOOD LUCK on sales of the best book I read about the old days.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
im in Rome, doing what Romans do(i suppose) Saw a guy carring a cue case on the street the other day, he was walking to fast the other way to stop and talk to him.

I aint hit a ball in weeks, between cutting my foot and coming back to Europe(4th trip this year) I havent been playing, i think pool is scarce here, nice City. Dr Bill came here a couple years ago-which gave me the idea.

hope everyone is well

best

Eric

PS the reason i started this thread(im sleepy, old and sloppy) damn near forgot. Mr.Beard sit on mine until I contact you, i have to get back to th States, then Vegas for biz, then home to LA. Not sure what that means time wise.

im real happy you did this book, you told me at your house last june your were doing it, and you did. Awesome!!!

best Eric:)

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Fred, this is a major accomplishment. Anyone who has not done as well as you have with such a difficult project should never knock you. You are a credit to the pool world.

i'll knock him, sock'em and beat him. :eek::p :):)Still dont mean I dont respect him and consider him among the best people in pool. Go Mr Beard!!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
im in Rome, doing what Romans do(i suppose) Saw a guy carring a cue case on the street the other day, he was walking to fast the other way to stop and talk to him.

I aint hit a ball in weeks, between cutting my foot and coming back to Europe(4th trip this year) I havent been playing, i think pool is scarce here, nice City. Dr Bill came here a couple years ago-which gave me the idea.

hope everyone is well

best

Eric

PS the reason i started this thread(im sleepy, old and sloppy) damn near forgot. Mr.Beard sit on mine until I contact you, i have to get back to th States, then Vegas for biz, then home to LA. Not sure what that means time wise.

im real happy you did this book, you told me at your house last june your were doing it, and you did. Awesome!!!

best Eric:)

Got it. Will do.

Beard

markgriffin

Verified Member
Rambow - info for Freddy

Rambow - info for Freddy

Freddy,

On page 277 of your book you were talking about the Chicago cop you meet around min 1980's that had some of Rambow's cues.

I acquired 6 or 7 of them from a pawn broker from Mid-west. He was in his 50's or so and a decent guy. He did know something about cue sticks. I have his name and all that but not available at this time. Two others were sold outside of this transaction (I think). He acquired them from the beat cop who worked Rambow's shop area.

He brought them to Alaska and I met him at the Anchorage Billiard Palace (around 1990 I think). I made a deal and bought them all - and he had sent them to Mike Bender (Delta Junction, AK) to refinish them. These had old cork and silk wraps etc. Bender did an AWESOME job - saving all the old material etc.

I kept them for several years - but in 1997 when I started to sell off things, I made sure that Denny Glenn ended up with these cues and that is where they are now.

There was a picture of them (before and after refinishing) in the original Billiard encyclopedia by Victor Stein.

These were straight as an arrow and had many different joint styles. All were made for world champions and had their names engraved into the sticks. I had heard these were made as 'seconds' or replacement cues for the cues the champions actually used. I do not know if that is true or not.

Mark Griffin

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

On page 277 of your book you were talking about the Chicago cop you meet around min 1980's that had some of Rambow's cues.

I acquired 6 or 7 of them from a pawn broker from Mid-west. He was in his 50's or so and a decent guy. He did know something about cue sticks. I have his name and all that but not available at this time. Two others were sold outside of this transaction (I think). He acquired them from the beat cop who worked Rambow's shop area.

He brought them to Alaska and I met him at the Anchorage Billiard Palace (around 1990 I think). I made a deal and bought them all - and he had sent them to Mike Bender (Delta Junction, AK) to refinish them. These had old cork and silk wraps etc. Bender did an AWESOME job - saving all the old material etc.

I kept them for several years - but in 1997 when I started to sell off things, I made sure that Denny Glenn ended up with these cues and that is where they are now.

There was a picture of them (before and after refinishing) in the original Billiard encyclopedia by Victor Stein.

These were straight as an arrow and had many different joint styles. All were made for world champions and had their names engraved into the sticks. I had heard these were made as 'seconds' or replacement cues for the cues the champions actually used. I do not know if that is true or not.

Mark Griffin

The cues were part of a display behind Rambow's counter. They were probably duplicates of the ones he had made for those great players. I have the Billiard Encyclopedia, I will look those cues up.

Beard