From
vero beach fl
something quick i dont expect this to go as long as the other wwyd thread
im pressed for time these days
efrens shot
es6.jpg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
If you can't make that bank you aren't going to beat him anyway. Play for the hanger bank so as to get out. The only way I would even not think of doing that is if the pockets were playing super tight.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Get whitey over to my opponents side rail after pocketing the obvious ball, if I don't like my next shot, I can cleanly make and remove both balls in my opponents pocket, and maybe draw whitey behind the combo on my opponents long rail.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Is this a trick question? Shoot the straight-in black ball, making the score 5-0, and then give him his hanger and knock the 15 away with your next shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Is this a trick question? Shoot the straight-in black ball, making the score 5-0, and then give him his hanger and knock the 15 away with your next shot.

would i pose a trick question???...:eek:.......:rolleyes:
all i want to know is what would you do???.......:D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I believe I can shoot the 8-ball and stop right about there, where it looks like I would have the right angle on the 15-ball bank to roll into the 6 to make it for Scott at the same time I bank the 15. Then what, lol? Heck, I might even get I nice carom off the 6 and end up with another shot, if I "get lucky".

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-01-12_09-24-33.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-01-12_09-24-33.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
GREAT wwyd Larry I want to see EVERYONES response to this scenario. This will show how people play the game. Not their ability but their philosophy. Do they try to WIN or do they wait around to LOSE!! If Efren doesn't play for the bank..he sucks and like I have always suspected OVERRATED :eek: LMFAO LOL LOL

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I just think that in this spot you can literally pinpoint the cb with follow on the 8 (if you can't, get a job), and if you can pinpoint it, the bank and position will be just how you like it. Artie may even try to get out from here, i mean cmon guys :lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I believe I can shoot the 8-ball and stop right about there, where it looks like I would have the right angle on the 15-ball bank to roll into the 6 to make it for Scott at the same time I bank the 15. Then what, lol? Heck, I might even get I nice carom off the 6 and end up with another shot, if I "get lucky".
I like this option best, particularly when top players are battling. By planning your attack using this strategy you give yourself a chance to get in the "two hole" and then play a good safety while moving balls out of play.;)

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Playing by the game I would go for the crossover bank and try and get out. Playing in a tournament race and the score 3 -3 I would probably not be so heroic, especially if I was playing a monster. Make the first ball and then roll his hanging ball in and try to freeze him under the ball above it. Do that and he will have no option but to leave you under the balls and give you a chance to clean up his side.

Playing for my life or something close to it, that is what I would do. I got the lead, put the pressure on the other guy. If you want to be a hero, join the Army.

If I was the opponent I would be praying that you go for the bank. If you make it God bless you, I was probably going to lose the game anyway. But missing it looks like my only good chance to win.

Beard

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Steve and Dr. Bill, I don't know what's gotten into me, but I've been mighty plain spoken of late. Senility, maybe, but I don't like your shot. Sorry 'bout that. You propose to bank the 15, knock in the 6 and float the cue ball up the rail. Will you play the 15 pocket speed and risk leaving Scott a bank, or play it with enough speed for it to clear out if (when) it misses? Any danger it might come back toward you?

My shot is to make the hanger with the cue ball and then knock the 15 toward the other balls on the long rail, leaving Scott without a shot. I'm scared to death of that guy. When I move the 15 ball, I want to know where it is gonna stop. 5-1 and safe is okay from here. If you feel aggressive you could play to bank the 15 and try to end the game right here.

Still friends? :)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well the question is what would YOU do. So no wrong answers. I know my chances of winning go way down if I let him back to the table with me still needing three. This is my best chance. The balls are all over 'there'. I roll down for a bottom angle on the bank and can use the two stripes as cue ball stoppers if I need them. I got to go..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well the question is what would YOU do. So no wrong answers. I know my chances of winning go way down if I let him back to the table with me still needing three. This is my best chance. The balls are all over 'there'. I roll down for a bottom angle on the bank and can use the two stripes as cue ball stoppers if I need them. I got to go..

Right shot Jimmy... For all those who choose not to bank the 15 ball and running out after pocketing the 8 ball.... DONT WORRY YOU GUYS WOULDN'T EVER BE IN THIS POSITION TO WIN!! Lkie Frank already said.. if you can't make that bank then you aren't going to beat him anyway By the way 5 to 1 and 6 to 0 aren't worth shit when the balls are all by Scotts pocket Bottom line.. when you get a chance to beat a #1 or # 2 player in the world you go for it, you don't wait around for them to make mistakes. That's what made Efren unbeatable and now Scott #1 everyone is scared to death of them and they shit all over themselves.. roll in the 8 ball, bank the 15 ball, run two more balls and then shake his hand and say good luck in the losers bracket!! Or play scared to death, blow the game later on, curse yourself about you should have banked the 15 ball and ran out while your looking for your name on the LEFT side of the chart!!

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
The problem here is the long reach on the 8 ball.
Do you need the bridge? If so your options are few.

If not I would play position on one of the 4 balls open to my pocket.

If you do need the bridge you must decide what to do with the bank. If you cross over and make the hanger at the same time and don't make the bank you could leave a shot. In this case I like making the 8 and shooting in the hanger and placing the cue ball behind the 15? and making him move it.

The problem I see with this strategy is the possibility of him being able to get the cue ball up table off a ball or by taking a foul.

Bill S.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve and Dr. Bill, I don't know what's gotten into me, but I've been mighty plain spoken of late. Senility, maybe, but I don't like your shot. Sorry 'bout that. You propose to bank the 15, knock in the 6 and float the cue ball up the rail. Will you play the 15 pocket speed and risk leaving Scott a bank, or play it with enough speed for it to clear out if (when) it misses? Any danger it might come back toward you?

My shot is to make the hanger with the cue ball and then knock the 15 toward the other balls on the long rail, leaving Scott without a shot. I'm scared to death of that guy. When I move the 15 ball, I want to know where it is gonna stop. 5-1 and safe is okay from here. If you feel aggressive you could play to bank the 15 and try to end the game right here.

Still friends? :)
Definitely still friends :D. I would only play the second shot as I drew it up (the bank) if I felt like I got exactly the angle I wanted to bank the 15. If I got that angle, then I would be using inside (left) english to nip the 6 and that english might well carry the cue ball up for position on the next ball -- without hitting the shot hard at all -- the english is carrying it. If I didn't get shape, no biggie, I eliminated the 6 and probably made the bank too. if not, the 15- ball should be pretty damn close to my hole.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like Steve's shot. I'd only try to make the 15 and the 6 balls and not try to get up the table.
Of course if I had a stake horse, I'd roll down and try to run out.:D
Rod.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I like Steve's shot. I'd only try to make the 15 and the 6 balls and not try to get up the table.
Of course if I had a stake horse, I'd roll down and try to run out.:D
Rod.

Scott would be thanking you for your shot selection :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Let me add one more thing though.. If after I banked the 8 ball i didnt get real good on the 15 ball bank I would roll the 6 ball in and freeze him on the 15 ball and be cursing myself.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
IMO there is one of two choices here. At first I was thinking there might be enough angle to play the eight with left hand english and follow two rails for position or one of several balls straight in, in an attempt to run out. That requires getting through a lot of traffic and avoiding hitting something full in the face and coming up dry.

I don't like the idea of trying to cross bank the fifteen, make the six with the intention of skimming it thin enough to get back up table to continue the run. Very unlikely to pull that off and that shot must be hit firmly so if the bank does not go but the cue ball does get up table Frost will at least have banks available. I don't think the angle is there anyway.

So the two choices I am left with are 1) Pocket the eight, roll to the bottom rail and bank the fifteen without regard for safety and run out, or 2) Shoot the eight leaving an angle to then bank the fifteen and safely pocket the six. From there I control the game.

One other option would be to make the eight, then pocket the six and hook Frost on the fifteen but Frost may elect to take a foul and find a way to get the cue ball up table leaving the fifteen in a very precarious position for Reyes and no offensive shot. I like option (2) best. Six to one in score is pretty sweet with the balls spread up table and the cue ball on the bottom rail.

Tom