see that gap between the 2 stripes??
just go off the 3 thru the gap to the end rail on a ball:D
like this
en2.jpg

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
From here, I would go off the right side of the one ball and put Efren on the head rail near his pocket. Wait a minute. Larry must have posted simultaneously. When I said "from here" I was talking about post #3

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
From post #4, I guess I would cross the 15 near Efren's pocket and try to make it hit the 13 sending it toward my pocket and let the CB roll up near the one.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
From here, I would go off the right side of the one ball and put Efren on the head rail near his pocket. Wait a minute. Larry must have posted simultaneously. When I said "from here" I was talking about post #3
actually nick banked the ball towards his pocket and left efren around the middle diamond on the head rail

its now the next game:eek:
efren broke they are going towards the same pockets and its nicks shot
what would you do
some how i skipped agame and got to this position
i liked what nick shot:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
no problema:)
see that gap between the 2 stripes??
just go off the 3 thru the gap to the end rail on a ball:D well tr
like thisodo
View attachment 3452

That could 'maybe' work Larry. But, I think the most accepted method, would be to draw off the one, and put the cue ball in the same spot, behind the 11...It is a very common "get out of the break" shot, and you would have to really hit it bad, to sell out anything, even if you didn't hit it perfect. It would serve you well to work on being comfortable with that shot..This is a better escape then you get from most similar situations...:)

PS..You will be hitting the 1 ball, firm enough to double bank it back over to your side of the table, so as not to leave him a one railer.

Last edited:

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
lll said:
a few innings later its nicks shot
what would you do??
View attachment 3454
I'd shoot the 13 into the 15 and try to clear those balls out leaving whitey on the midddle diamond of the bottom cushon. From there, Efren would probably shoot that stripe and the bottom right of the stack sticking you on the 2, but it would be easy to get out of that.

Do something simple, which is removing those 2 balls from efrens side with no risk of selling out provded you have good cb control, which nick does.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Miller said:
i am thinking the same as petie, but for me with the stripe (12?) that close to the rail, it screames "kick me."

We are talking here about the new game shown on post #4.

A little left hand english on whitie should avoid the kiss. Just don't hit it so hard you go north of the one ball.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lll said:
actually nick banked the ball towards his pocket and left efren around the middle diamond on the head rail

its now the next game:eek:
efren broke they are going towards the same pockets and its nicks shot
what would you do
some how i skipped agame and got to this position
i liked what nick shot:)

For clarity we are talking about the progression of the game diagrammed in post #3

I saw that option but I figured Efren would take the free shot that Nick would have left him on the 3 ball, make it and let whitie slide down behind the 11 again for the runout. Against any other player, Nick's bank would have held up.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
We are talking here about the new game shown on post #4.

A little left hand english on whitie should avoid the kiss. Just don't hit it so hard you go north of the one ball.
right now we are talking about post #4
the first 2 diagrams were "teasers"
i would have shot something similar to what sjd described off the break
but efren being efren decided to carom off a ball go thru 2 tightly spaced balls and play somewhat safe
thought it was a nice shot and just posted it "for your viewing pleasure:D "

we are now on diagram #4

petie if you want ill post another thread starting from post # 3 and we can follow the sequence in fou want
remember post#4 is a different game

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
a few innings later its nicks shot
what would you do??
View attachment 3454
I wonder when this took place? If it was when Nick had perfected his grind out wedge game, I would assume he banks the lower ball up into the other stripe by Efren's pocket and clears them both out -- not much risk with that.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-07-10_09-46-27.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-07-10_09-46-27.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
lll said:
right now we are talking about post #4
the first 2 diagrams were "teasers"
i would have shot something similar to what sjd described off the break
but efren being efren decided to carom off a ball go thru 2 tightly spaced balls and play somewhat safe
thought it was a nice shot and just posted it "for your viewing pleasure:D "

we are now on diagram #4

petie if you want ill post another thread starting from post # 3 and we can follow the sequence in fou want
remember post#4 is a different game

I understand. I did comment on both diagrams and labeled them as such because other had commented on both without labeling them and it was confusing. The thing I should have done is to say "I am talking about diagram bla bla" instead of "we are talking about diagram bla bla."

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm surprised as to how the balls got clustered back up in the middle of the table after they were all spread out. I would be curious to see how that happened.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Frank Almanza said:
I'm surprised as to how the balls got clustered back up in the middle of the table after they were all spread out. I would be curious to see how that happened.

I was going to say that earlier but then it was explained in post #7 that we are actually on a new game--not the same one as before. Yes, it would have been amazing and before I understood it I was imagining Efren packing all those balls back into a cluster shot-by-shot until they looked almost like a fresh rack. :confused:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok guys this thread may not make it to my hall of fame threads :eek: :(
but heres nicks shot
yes he moved the 2 stripes away BUT from that distance he drew the cue perfectly back into the stack
i thought that was really nice:)
for me franks steves peties idea of ending up on the foot rail with the cue is more in my arsenal:eek: :(
en5.jpg