efren/corey make it happen #82

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this wont be a long drawn out thread (some threads take too long....we need to speed them up...;)...:heh jk)but it beats debating ways to speed up a game that has nothing wrong with it.....:eek:.....:D
jmho
icbw
its efrens shot
ee1.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
I am banking the 9 ball and putting the cue ball near where his hand is.

With a little luck I will have the 10 ball as a blocker.

Bill S.

piggybank04

Verified Member
bank the 9 towards my hole leaving the cb near upper left pocket, and being very careful to avoid a kiss on the 9 ball......

backplaying

Verified Member
I am banking the 9 ball and putting the cue ball near where his hand is.

With a little luck I will have the 10 ball as a blocker.

Bill S.

I like this shot. Knowing Efren he might try and trap the 3 and draw back behind the stripe ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Clip r/s of thirteen, roll to upper l/h pocket, lay on red ball.

Fuggedabout banking the 9 = it's not an easy hit from there, you can't control whitey precisely enough, and you can't bridge comfortably with that striped ball in your way/possibly semi-jacking you up....I D's shot is hands down the best offensive shot here - opening up/putting all three clustered balls in front of your pocket ...but, that said, with a lead of 5 to minus 1, the correct shot is to just shoot the 9 away 2 rails over to your side of the table, leaving whitey on the foot rail...:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fuggedabout banking the 9 (while btw, your semi-jacked up)..I D's shot is hands down the best offensive shot here - opening up/putting all three clustered balls in front of your pocket ...but, that said, with a lead of 5 to minus 1 the correct shot is to just shoot the 9 away 2 rails over to your side of the table...:cool:

- Ghost

Only 9 hours for the correct shot to be posted.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Clip r/s of thirteen, roll to upper l/h pocket, lay on red ball.

Fuggedabout banking the 9 (while btw, your semi-jacked up)..I D's shot is hands down the best offensive shot here - opening up/putting all three clustered balls in front of your pocket ...but, that said, with a lead of 5 to minus 1 the correct shot is to just shoot the 9 away 2 rails over to your side of the table...:cool:

- Ghost

island drive even though you picked what efren shot....:)
why did you pick that shot???
i was surprised to see efren leave thae 9 ball there
how can you leave the 9 ball in a threatening position with the score being what it was and the position of the balls?
obviously it was an intelligent choice if you and efren chose it..:D
i would have played the score and played ghoasts "correct"shot
or perhaps tried to bank it if i felt good i could make it
fwiw efren almost lost thegame because he left the 9 ball there
and the limitations it put on him to respond to coreys shots
after several innings corey had almost turned the table around on efren
a missed bank by corey
and eventually efren won the game

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
island drive even though you picked what efren shot....:)
why did you pick that shot???
i was surprised to see efren leave thae 9 ball there
how can you leave the 9 ball in a threatening position with the score being what it was and the position of the balls?
obviously it was an intelligent choice if you and efren chose it..:D
i would have played the score and played ghoasts "correct"shot
or perhaps tried to bank it if i felt good i could make it
fwiw efren almost lost thegame because he left the 9 ball there
and the limitations it put on him to respond to coreys shots
after several innings corey had almost turned the table around on efren
a missed bank by corey
and eventually efren won the game

Efren's shot was goofy. It shows he still does not know how to play the mid & endgame when he has a lead. The shot he chose is great for a guy who is down 5 to -1 but it's useless here.

The only thing Efren has going for him in this match is that he's playing a guy who likes to find ways to lose games that he should win, even more so than himself.

Dennis

piggybank04

Verified Member
i agree--efren shot is just ridiculous..... if you dont want to bank the 9, just play safe and boot it out of there, tho, i would bank the 9 because of my banking accuracy....

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Another possible shot, Effie could of just rolled the thirteen to the bottom rail and laid the cue ball between the lower striped ball and the rail. Anyone like this shot?

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Fuggedabout banking the 9 = it's not an easy hit from there, you can't control whitey precisely enough, and you can't bridge comfortably with that striped ball in your way/possibly semi-jacking you up....I D's shot is hands down the best offensive shot here - opening up/putting all three clustered balls in front of your pocket ...but, that said, with a lead of 5 to minus 1, the correct shot is to just shoot the 9 away 2 rails over to your side of the table, leaving whitey on the foot rail...:cool:

- Ghost

Hey Ghost,
I like the shot Efren shot here though I think he could have gotten a better result with the cluster. I'm always looking to be offensive even with defensive shots. Even with a 5 to minus 1 lead taking out the nine ball surrenders the positional advantage Efren currently enjoys. Of course it is a fine line as to when and how aggressive each of us should play the game. Only experience can help us figure that out. We all have different skill levels and must play within those limitations. This shot was easy to execute for most all decent One Pocket players.

By playing the shot he did, he improves his position and applies pressure on Corey to prevent Efren from scoring in the next inning or two. The nine ball now becomes a liability instead of an asset. What would be Corey's response from the position he now finds himself. He certainly does not want to give Efren another bite at the nine ball bank. And had those three balls on Efren's side were all open and each ball a threat to be pocketed in his hole. Corey's only response would be to play the nine back up table. If that happens Efren maintains control of the table.

Tom

backplaying

Verified Member
If it lays right, I like banking the 14 if I can leave the cue ball by the first diamond by the right corner pocket to keep him off the 6. He could put Efren in a little trouble if he hits it good. If it doesn't lay right, I think Corey has to move the 9 ball, which is why Efren shot the shot he did.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm a little late to the party, but I agree with Ghost, I probably would have been looking at knocking the 9-ball away. As I see it, it looks like it would have been very natural to cross over the 9, sending it up toward the cluster around the far corner, while leaving the cue ball very close or on the rail. That kind of shot is ideal for landing the cue ball on the rail. With that score, and balls headed up table, I like my chances, even though the balls are tied up on my side.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-08-13_07-27-50.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-13_07-27-50.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0