Efren and Bustamante in Sacramento in October.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Efren Reyes and the newest Hall of Fame member Fancisco Bustamante have confirmed they will be at the Chuck Markulis Memorial tournament at Hard Times Billiards October 9th and 10th.

Arrival and departure dates are not firmed up yet, but there is lots of excitment from yours truely.

More details later this week.. but you heard it first here on OnePocket.org

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SactownTom said:
Efren Reyes and the newest Hall of Fame member Fancisco Bustamante have confirmed they will be at the Chuck Markulis Memorial tournament at Hard Times Billiards October 9th and 10th.

Arrival and departure dates are not firmed up yet, but there is lots of excitment from yours truely.

More details later this week.. but you heard it first here on OnePocket.org

Should be a great tournament.

Looks like I'll have to come off the stall on my nine ball game to cash in this one.

SJD says he might be here for this one.

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Is this a nine ball only event? Seems a shame to have Efren and Busta around without holding some kind of one pocket event unless they're around for some other tourney.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
I plan on running some One Pocket Mini-tournaments on Friday night.
Race to 15 balls made, single elimination, 8 players/$25 entry $200 for first.

9 Ball minis also.

There will be One Pocket and 10 Ball clinics offered. And an auction for private lessons with either or both.

More details later

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SactownTom said:

9 Ball minis also.

There will be One Pocket and 10 Ball clinics offered. And an auction for private lessons with either or both.

More details later

Tom,

If the 1P mini-tourn. is first come, first serve, have Henderson put me in as soon as you see him. I know you will have time and table constraints that week-end, but I also know you will have many more than 8 guy's wanting to play. Let me know, as I plan on being there for sure, probably the week before, and the week after visiting family. (and JH and RA)

Should be a great tournament, and a fitting tribute to Chuck. (wish it were 1P :)) Looking forward to seeing some old friends, and meeting you... Best of luck with it Tom... I know from John, that you do a great job running tournaments.

PS..Efren and Busty will be a great draw, but if you really want to fill the place...invite "Dippy Dave"..:D

Last edited:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
My pleasure putting you in the first Mini.

SJDinPHX said:
Tom,

If the 1P mini-tourn. is first come, first serve, have Henderson put me in as soon as you see him. I know you will have time and table constraints that week-end, but I also know you will have many more than 8 guy's wanting to play. Let me know, as I plan on being there for sure, probably the week before, and the week after visiting family. (and JH and RA)

Should be a great tournament, and a fitting tribute to Chuck. (wish it were 1P :)) Looking forward to seeing some old friends, and meeting you... Best of luck with it Tom... I know from John, that you do a great job running tournaments.

PS..Efren and Busty will be a great draw, but if you really want to fill the place...invite "Dippy Dave"..:D

thebaby

Verified Member
action in sacramento,ca

action in sacramento,ca

Well this is turning out to be a very good event to be at,yours truly will be looking to donate a little bit to the yukon jack fund that weekend.is it possible we can make a game dick ? I always love playin legends of the game..Just ask big daddy John Henderson. We are planing for your arrival as we speak..................

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SactownTom said:

9 Ball minis also.

More details later

Tom, I might be available to run/teach the One Pocket clinic for you...but I'd hate to think that John and SJDick would stop in, and I'd smarten them up....:D

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Tom, I might be available to run/teach the One Pocket clinic for you...but I'd hate to think that John and SJDick would stop in, and I'd be embarassed by my shortcomings..:eek:

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
thebaby said:
Well this is turning out to be a very good event to be at,yours truly will be looking to donate a little bit to the yukon jack fund that weekend.is it possible we can make a game dick ? I always love playin legends of the game..Just ask big daddy John Henderson. We are planing for your arrival as we speak..................

Two balls more than you give John should work fine Frank...I won't need quite as much weight from you, as I get from Frost....While you're "planning" though...better round up a good stakehorse, as I won't be on a budget, or looking to play cheap. :p :p :p

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
Two balls more than you give John should work fine Frank...I won't need quite as much weight from you, as I get from Frost....While you're "planning" though...better round up a good stakehorse, as I won't be on a budget, or looking to play cheap. :p :p :p
The South and SJD shall rise again! Yeeehaw! Go git them California Hippies, bro!

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Tom, I might be available to run/teach the One Pocket clinic for you...but I'd hate to think that John and SJDick would stop in, and I'd smarten them up....:D

- Ghost

Who do think are running the clinics?

You would get the Chicago discount.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
jrhendy said:
You would get the Chicago discount.

Any Player from the MidWest that makes the trip to Sacramento to PLAY (tournament and/or match up) is welcome. Just remember to POST.

In God we Trust... all others must POST.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Tournament Dates

Tournament Dates

Oct 9 and 10th are Sat and Sunday.

Efren and Busty will probably be here Thursday through Monday and or Tuesday.

I will post more info later.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SactownTom said:
Any Player from the MidWest that makes the trip to Sacramento to PLAY (tournament and/or match up) is welcome. Just remember to POST.

In God we Trust... all others must POST.

Tom,

Does this mean Arizona players are exempt from having to POST ?.;)

(Don't blame you for making the midwest guy's post...especially Chicagoan's...:eek:)

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
SJDinPHX said:
Tom,

Does this mean Arizona players are exempt from having to POST ?.;)

(Don't blame you for making the midwest guy's post...especially Chicagoan's...:eek:)

No one but Efren is exempt from posting. Only because I know his backer has the $$$$.

I am planning on doing an interview with Efren and Bustamante for the West Coast news magazine called "On the Break"

I will be asking some specific questions about why they Pinoy players learn so quick... some true insight from two of the world's best players.

SactownTom said:
No one but Efren is exempt from posting. Only because I know his backer has the $$$$.

I am planning on doing an interview with Efren and Bustamante for the West Coast news magazine called "On the Break"

I will be asking some specific questions about why they Pinoy players learn so quick... some true insight from two of the world's best players.

My response will probably be ignored, but it ain't the first time. I say it has a lot to do with genetics. Thank you, Clare

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Clare said:
My response will probably be ignored, but it ain't the first time. I say it has a lot to do with genetics. Thank you, Clare

Genetics is a very good claim.. at the very least, it honors your family.