Donn vs. Rich 1 - wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Here's something besides tap fouls to talk about 🤖 >>>

Donn's shot --- his pocket is at the top left --- score is 0 to -1 --- Rich just scratched on his break so Donn has ball-in-hand --- Donn has several pretty good options here ----- wwyd? 004.JPG002.JPG001.JPG003.JPG

vapros

From the right side I will hit the 3 ball and leave Jojo on the short rail, under the 15. Get a couple of balls in play on my side.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
put the CB around the middle of the line and shoot the 8/13 carom, pushing both balls to your side, float Cb behind 15 if I can...

the 2 rail long on the 15 looks pretty good too from the far right setup position.

androd

Verified Member
My 1st. two looks were Cincy and Vapros I decided on Vapros shot, although I'd skid/drag the CB like shooting a spot shot and make sure Jojo didn't get away from me.

darmoose

Verified Member
I am two railing the 15 towards my hole and hoping to set Whitey down on the bottom rail or close to it.
None of those balls facing my pocket bank to his hole.

catkins

Verified Member
to explain above image drive the 8 ball thourgh the 13 to pick up the 15 which should go under the stack and move the 14 into the 12 to hopfully go in or hang in the pocket . simple draw shot to freeze on the 5 which is the easiest part of this shot to control

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
The shooter must take advantage of the BIH to get some balls in front of his hole. The opponent will keep leaving him up table until he does. I'd come off the right side of the 3 ball, pushing 3-5 balls toward my hole, and have the CB kick off the foot rail to bump the 15 up and out of play for him. Might even get lucky and cluster the 15-5.

Kybanks

Verified Member
guess I'm the only sucker on the site, but I'm shooting the 12 with rh English trying to fit the cb in between the 11-1.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
guess I'm the only sucker on the site, but I'm shooting the 12 with rh English trying to fit the cb in between the 11-1.
Well, I was waiting for a straight shooter to turn up and shoot that 12 in 👾 but I wasn't expecting it to be you Kyb 🙃 I was thinking Ben maybe.

P.S. If I was going to shoot it though, I think the cut might be too thin for getting between the 11 and the 1 - I would instead play 2-rail-up-and-down position.

Hardmix

Verified Member
Well, I was waiting for a straight shooter to turn up and shoot that 12 in 👾 but I wasn't expecting it to be you Kyb 🙃 I was thinking Ben maybe.

P.S. If I was going to shoot it though, I think the cut might be too thin for getting between the 11 and the 1 - I would instead play 2-rail-up-and-down position.
Guilty as charged. I briefly looked at this and my first thought was thin the 12 and bring the cb up and down to run balls. I also like clerimg the 8/13 and floating down behind the 15.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Playing all cue ball 15 ball bank. Draw off the long rail and stick em between the 1/3. Speed of both balls are very controllable from this angle. I'd aim at the diamond just left of the chalk on the foot rail.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I agree the 2 rail position is better! Sometimes I take the safety off and pull the trigger, lol. The trapping shots are all speed sensitive and could sell out if hit poorly

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Agree with those wanting to 2 rail the 15. It is sitting pretty good to make.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I might come off the 3 ball opening up the 2/9 to my pocket. Looks like they would be high so leaving me up table would be a potential problem. I’ve got ball in hand, so I’d try to place the cb in a position where it would be natural to come off the 3 and bounce off the foot rail to a position on the rail behind the 15.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If I am Playing good , I shoot the 5 with force follow, and slide down to the bottom rail, hitting the 7 with the 5, and moving those balls to my pocket, might even make the nine off the 11 , can't see the angle from pic. I'm not murdering the ball just a nice stroke.
If I'm all stiff and arthritic I play the 15 2 long rails and lay the cueball on the bottom rail like cincy.
{In the first pic, the ball on the rail, looks like the 1 ball, in the second it is definitely the 5 {sheesh.} I put the 1 originally , sorry}

J.R.

Verified Member
From the right side I will hit the 3 ball and leave Jojo on the short rail, under the 15. Get a couple of balls in play on my side.
I concur with Vapros and several others regarding the reasoning for the shot they have chosen. I also would strike the 3-ball and leave the cue ball to rebound off the short rail and stop between the long rail and 15-ball. At this phase of the game it is a favorable time to get balls on my side of the playing field especially with the added opportunity of using the 15-ball to act as a blocker for the cue ball.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
I would play the 8/13 sending them both my way. Furthermore, I would play the 13 to run into the 15 off the long rail. I would play it to leave the cue along his long rail close to where the 15 is now or a bit further up towards his pocket. Tons of good things can happen.

baby huey

Verified Member
Just for fun take a look at the billiard from the fifteen ball to the six ball. You can get good action and it is relatively a safe shot. The cueball should end up in the bottom of the stack with a ball in or very near your hole.

jtompilot

Verified Member
If I am Playing good , I shoot the 5 with force follow, and slide down to the bottom rail, hitting the 7 with the 5, and moving those balls to my pocket, might even make the nine off the 11 , can't see the angle from pic. I'm not murdering the ball just a nice stroke.
If I'm all stiff and arthritic I play the 15 2 long rails and lay the cueball on the bottom rail like cincy.
{In the first pic, the ball on the rail, looks like the 1 ball, in the second it is definitely the 5 {sheesh.} I put the 1 originally , sorry}
I like this shot but force follows are prett tricky. If I can keep him from the 15 or 13 I might just park the cue ball there