Donn vs. Ray 1 - end game - wwyd?

Kybanks

Verified Member
I am thinning the 8 with inside and trying to get as close to the 13 as possible

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Cross the 11 to my side, back down table to the bottom rail. The 8 and 1 block each other for a bank.

OneRock

Verified Member
The 13 is frozen to the rail and you don't want to shoot it right in?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
The 13 is frozen to the rail and you don't want to shoot it right in?
I thought I had gotten up and was at my computer - it seems so real...but now I realize that I'm actually still in bed sleeping and having a nightmare.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I’d be tempted to move the 13, although it’s contrary to sound one pocket judgement under almost all conditions....

I see this as a particularly tough spot from which to not leave a cut or a bank for your opponent, as per the spooky ones suggestion in his post...

So, that said, I’d two rail the 13, ( about a 1/2 full hit ) using high left english...

If it works out as I envision, the 13 will move into and tie up all the banking lanes, and the cue ball will swing two rails very nicely and move back to the same general area in which it currently resides...

I’m curious as to what the really knowledgeable one pocket players would do from this spot.... another excellent wwyd oh invisible one!

baby huey

Verified Member
Cut the eight ball thin towards the one ball (on its right side) and bring the cueball to the side rail where the eleven ball is resting. Make sure not to make the eight ball in the pocket either directly or off the one ball.

Ratamon

Unless I got the pockets mixed up,

Unless I got the pockets mixed up,

I would just thin the 8 in the direction of the 1 to block the bank on the 1. The 15 does not appear to bank past the 1. The cue ball will end up just past the middle pocket on my side with nothing to shoot at.

Given where the spot is on the table I don't think I've got the pockets mixed up so it's an uptable game?

OneRock

Verified Member
I thought I had gotten up and was at my computer - it seems so real...but now I realize that I'm actually still in bed sleeping and having a nightmare.
I thought the spot is where the cue ball is placed to break a rack of 8-ball.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I thought the spot is where the cue ball is placed to break a rack of 8-ball. :eek:
Just relax and calm down now, you probably just forgot to take your meds...

Try to remember now - take one of the big blue pills every 6 hours..and take two of the yellow pills in the morning, and two again again in the evening.

- Dr. Ghost