Donn vs. Pete 2 wwyd?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Make his 7 and put him behind the 6. Even if you don't get him behind the 6 but hide him from the three he's in trouble.
I
thanks, I like that. I just do not see some of those things that you guys with more experience do. thanks again, much better to hook him behind the 6. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
There is another option which I didn't see anyone discuss. Banking the seven two rails to your hole and laying the cueball on the end rail could be a nice shot. If you hit it long you have lots of good things happening by moving balls closer to your hole. That six ball looms large if struck by an object coming in that direction.
Whitey made a video of the two rail. He made the 7 off the side board.

DWS

Verified Member
This is why i disagreed earlier with the bank that was described and played here by Don. He's in a lot of trouble here and lost his position if not the game.
John, read the whole post. Against you, the Ghost, Dr. Bill and I'm sure many other players on this site I may be in a lot of trouble and would have chose to shoot something else. You have to factor in the player too, as Ghost states I was comfortable shooting this against this player and am very comfortable shooting the straight back as I usually hit them very well. I am not in a lot of trouble here and in no danger of losing the game. The thing people seem to forget to take into account when responding to these is the all important variable of who you are playing. I am still comfortable with the result here against this player. Against Dr. Bill or The Ghroast, maybe not so much and would have shot something else. But maybe not, I usually make those straight backs.

catkins

Verified Member
the first shot was exceptional even if it doesnt double the point it lands well

The second shot I dont love the position left as it opens everything up for his pocket and there a number of good return safties that could lead to trouble. tht

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
John, read the whole post. Against you, the Ghost, Dr. Bill and I'm sure many other players on this site I may be in a lot of trouble and would have chose to shoot something else. You have to factor in the player too, as Ghost states I was comfortable shooting this against this player and am very comfortable shooting the straight back as I usually hit them very well. I am not in a lot of trouble here and in no danger of losing the game. The thing people seem to forget to take into account when responding to these is the all important variable of who you are playing. I am still comfortable with the result here against this player. Against Dr. Bill or The Ghroast, maybe not so much and would have shot something else. But maybe not, I usually make those straight backs.
Im a weaker player and not even in the same league with those guys...lol.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
^ Exactly right.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
from there I like hitting rail first before the 7 with RHE soft, I hook him behind the 7/6 plus don't give up the 7, but if its not laying right then give him the 7 I would!

jtompilot

Verified Member
I think sometimes we all shoot dIfferent shots against weaker players, however what I’d like to know is what would you have done next if you made the 7? You had a huge advantage and now you don’t. I like the straight back on the 7 but I’m going three rails so I can shoot another shot.

Last edited:

DWS

Verified Member
I think sometimes we all shoot dIfferent shots against weaker players, however what I’d like to know is what would you have done next if you made the 7? You had a huge advantage and now you don’t. I like the straight back on the 7 but I’m going three rails so I can shoot another shot.
If I make the 7, I'm banking the 5 cross corner next. Another shot I hit well and am comfortable shooting against this player.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
If I make the 7, I'm banking the 5 cross corner next. Another shot I hit well and am comfortable shooting against this player.
Sounds like you are a bank player. I like that and i like to play. We do have a Tuesday bank game here and i think i'll go play some today. I didn't offend Ghosty by my posting prefered shot choices and or results. With these WWYD's I just give my personal shot choices. Its never personal against any player. For instance i also wouldn't have banked the 7 going three rails with the cue ball here unless i was on fire and playing cheap.... Which i do and will BTW...lol

DWS

Verified Member
Sounds like you are a bank player. I like that and i like to play. We do have a Tuesday bank game here and i think i'll go play some today. I didn't offend Ghosty by my posting prefered shot choices and or results. With these WWYD's I just give my personal shot choices. Its never personal against any player. For instance i also wouldn't have banked the 7 going three rails with the cue ball here unless i was on fire and playing cheap.... Which i do and will BTW...lol

No, I'm sure you didn't offend him. He was just reiterating that when weighing all other variables, you also have to factor in who you are playing as well. You might take a swing at a tough shot against me and get away with it and not be in any trouble after, but would you do the same playing Efren? No. Against me you are safe. Against other better, more experienced players it's probably suicide.

And don't worry about offending the "friendly" Ghroast. Offend away. If you manage to get under his skin and it enables me to finally pry some money out of his pocket, I'll give you a kickback. LOL

Miller

Verified Member
just wanna say props to Donn on the "Ghost Buster" user pic.....
:D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
No, I'm sure you didn't offend him. He was just reiterating that when weighing all other variables, you also have to factor in who you are playing as well. You might take a swing at a tough shot against me and get away with it and not be in any trouble after, but would you do the same playing Efren? No. Against me you are safe. Against other better, more experienced players it's probably suicide.

If you manage to get under his skin and it enables me to finally pry some money out of his pocket, <<< CRACK PIPE DREAM I'll give you a kickback.
Reality >>>

0000.jpg

OneRock

Verified Member
Bank the 5 and run out.

OneRock

Verified Member
I got it, when I first looked at it the angle seemed a little funny but I guess not. I’d still rather send whitey three rails and have a gimme straight in.
Might be too close to the side pocket to be bankable. I don't know.