Donn vs. Pete 2 wwyd?

OneRock

Verified Member
A couple of defensive options involving moving the 6 closer to one's pocket, neither of which I particularly like. The first is a bit questionable. But the second is more realistic.

Attachments

Last edited:

OneRock

Verified Member
Here is a couple of shots I did at the same time I did the others but I did not want to post them for I did not want to get a good razzing from Ghost!
But now Ghost has said no one has picked the shot that was executed, so here they are.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HzkbCKfXrDjUsha6A If I would of drawn it more and came underneath the 7 then it might have been a viable shot.
I got to laugh at myself when I stated; "that worked out pretty nice". What luck!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h6qkjiGXvoc2Uzca7 This I was skeptical of because of the 1/11 return combo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JUewM81iZH8amgbA7 I just wanted to open players imagination when balls lie in this situation.
enjoy the madness! Whitey

I am with you Billy Jackets, good thing I did these videos before Shanelle appeared on the scene.
Shooting off the 3 to two-rail the 2 is an absolute beauty when it works.

OneRock

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BK3H9aWSEpxeDtnL8 I was asked to do this shot, I did not really intend to do any shots but since I did this one, I did a few more. It does leave a return bank on the 10.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EKpGMmFfDGxveJAA this shot I reset up the balls a 1/2" here or there but I do not really think it would of affected it much.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hXmTtR1cXVdm5oB16 I want to play off the 11 if possible to eliminate the 1/11 combo, plus move the 2 away from the opponents hole.
I also played this shot hard off the 3 ball into the 2, but the 2 went underneath the 11 with cb going up table, and leaving a possible 1/11 combo.

Dr. Bill's shot of coming into the 2 fuller and putting it on your side w/ cb going up against the 11 is a great shot, for it would be a total lock up. thumbs up!
enjoy, Whitey
Try kicking two rails at the 2 with low left, and let's see what the result looks like.

lll

Verified Member
I’m in the camp that believes it will be difficult, ( not impossible ) to bank the 7 and miss the 10... i believe it could be done with a high cb and some speed, but there’s a risk using that speed and that risk is selling out the 2 ball if the cb is to hot coming off the 4th rail...

I see a shot that I would probably shoot at the table... kick the 2 with two tips of low left and medium speed, enough speed to move the 2 over to my long rail below the side pocket. With a decent hit on the 2 the cb should spin off the foot rail into and behind the 11 ball...be ok if it snuggled up tight to the 11...
i think jeff deserves credit for the shot
onerock
he hit it with low left too!!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Try kicking two rails at the 2 with low left, and let's see what the result looks like.
It is good to have you back posting, and thanks for the recognition of Dr. Bill's shot, I only wish I would of hit even better.

I am assuming you want the 2 to go across the foot rail and create havoc. In my opinion there is not room to get in behind / underneath to enable the 2 to go across to the opposite long rail by passing by the 1/11, if that is what you are thinking.
But I'll work with it, and see what happens. Controlling the cb is probably what you are looking for. Whitey

OneRock, I just posted a moment after you. Yes, that is what I was thinking you were looking for. I just did not see your previous shot selection.

OneRock

Verified Member
Sappo suggested banking the 7 and going 3 rails with the CB. If I'm to go for this bank, I'll probably bank it pocket speed, looking to leave the CB on the head rail. Unless my opponent is a top player/shot maker, I doubt he'll bet the game on pocketing the 3 from 7 feet away, let alone cut the 5 down the rail.

Attachments

OneRock

Verified Member
It is good to have you back posting, and thanks for the recognition of Dr. Bill's shot, I only wish I would of hit even better.

I am assuming you want the 2 to go across the foot rail and create havoc. In my opinion there is not room to get in behind / underneath to enable the 2 to go across to the opposite long rail by passing by the 1/11, if that is what you are thinking.
But I'll work with it, and see what happens. Controlling the cb is probably what you are looking for. Whitey

OneRock, I just posted a moment after you. Yes, that is what I was thinking you were looking for. I just did not see your previous shot selection.
Like this. Still, I like Dr. Bill's shot best because it's a potential game-winning trap.

Attachments

wincardona

Verified Member
Sappo suggested banking the 7 and going 3 rails with the CB. If I'm to go for this bank, I'll probably bank it pocket speed, looking to leave the CB on the head rail. Unless my opponent is a top player/shot maker, I doubt he'll bet the game on pocketing the 3 from 7 feet away, let alone cut the 5 down the rail.
A couple of defensive options involving moving the 6 closer to one's pocket, neither of which I particularly like. The first is a bit questionable. But the second is more realistic.
I also looked at your second option with moving the 6ball to the pocket and going up-table to attempt to rest behind the 10ball. I liked this option but not enough to not choose kicking the 2ball toward my side pocket. I also liked banking the 7ball better than this option as well, but still this option is worth a consideration.
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
Banking the 7ball either by going around the table or going across the table with the cue ball is a viable option, however, percentage-wise you are better off kicking the 2ball to the side pocket. Allow me to explain.

Once the 2ball is kicked to the side pocket your opponent will be in back of the 11ball with limited options to answer with. One option may be to kick to the 6ball which figures to be a typical response to your trap, providing the ability to kick is available. If this kick is executed then you can always bank the 7ball, now with the 2ball as a non-deterrant.

Anyways, kicking the 2ball to the side pocket opens up many potential good options later in the rack.

Dr. Bill

OneRock

Verified Member
I also looked at your second option with moving the 6ball to the pocket and going up-table to attempt to rest behind the 10ball. I liked this option but not enough to not choose kicking the 2ball toward my side pocket. I also liked banking the 7ball better than this option as well, but still this option is worth a consideration.
Dr. Bill
Yes, I agree. Moving the 6 out of there in one way or another is a superior choice.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Like this. Still, I like Dr. Bill's shot best because it's a potential game-winning trap.
I tried your 2 rail kick into the 2 and it is just not there. The cb will not pull back as you would like.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uuTyY9kJpCrfB2z78 Here is your back bank on the 7 and keeping the cb on the head rail. This I believe is a very good instructional video, and of course a very good ploy in leaving a tough return opponent shot w/ your balls in front of the hole.
Whitey

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eFoM2Q22thNSLFz57 I revisited this wwyd with the thought that there is something that was missed, and then I remembered it was this shot. Of course I stroked it the easy way using low outside english to cinch it! LOL! I should of allowed the cb to drag on down to the head rail. I made this 1st try, surprised myself, but it felt good!
enjoy, Whitey

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Very nice videos again Whitey. Thanks! The bank on the 7 is a wild card if missed leaves him access to clear the balls out of your hole and several shots at his hole even if they are difficult ones.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Very nice videos again Whitey. Thanks! The bank on the 7 is a wild card if missed leaves him access to clear the balls out of your hole and several shots at his hole even if they are difficult ones.
Yes, I know, with this shot you then can expect the opponent to attempt to remove the balls in front of your hole. But, we do see matches won, where the player is continually putting pressure on their opponent by putting balls by their hole.

Actually the shot was just for fun, if I was serious I would of left the cb on the head rail.
Just passing time waiting to see what the actually shot Donn shot. Whitey