Donn vs. Pete 2 wwyd?

catkins

Verified Member
I am really surprised at the passive responses in this wwyd. I am in the offensive camp here with the 7.....maybe I have it wrong but I don’t think so.
for me looking at it id di not look like you could three rail the cue ball and I am not shooting the 7 if I am leaving the cue ball on the top rail only because I don't see getting another shot or better position out of it. if I am not seeing the angle right and the 10 is not in play I could not pass up the 7

sappo

Verified Member
Your not supposed to get it by Pete’s pocket. Play shape on the 3
You are correct, thats where I wound up. Like a deer caught in the headlights I was only looking at getting down low on the table. K

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BK3H9aWSEpxeDtnL8 I was asked to do this shot, I did not really intend to do any shots but since I did this one, I did a few more. It does leave a return bank on the 10.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EKpGMmFfDGxveJAA this shot I reset up the balls a 1/2" here or there but I do not really think it would of affected it much.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hXmTtR1cXVdm5oB16 I want to play off the 11 if possible to eliminate the 1/11 combo, plus move the 2 away from the opponents hole.
I also played this shot hard off the 3 ball into the 2, but the 2 went underneath the 11 with cb going up table, and leaving a possible 1/11 combo.

Dr. Bill's shot of coming into the 2 fuller and putting it on your side w/ cb going up against the 11 is a great shot, for it would be a total lock up. thumbs up!
enjoy, Whitey

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Fabulous, Whitey. Very nice to see these scenarios played out.
I think I would have played the safety off the 3, but liked the results of your kick into the 2 (just worried about it ending poorly, as you explain).

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I seriously doubt you could hit the 10 if you tried. The goal for me in banking the 7 is for the QB to go three rail to below the side pocket leaving 3 as a blocker, almost straight in shape.

The 2 is also a good shot. Both have pluses and minuses
You are correct about not hitting the 10 with the cb. Somehow I got locked into trying to go 4 rails to a position behind the 2 ball...I thought it would be difficult to do that and simultaneously bank the 7 accurately. I must admit I never considered position on the 3, but it actually lays pretty good for that shot and the cb speed pairs well with the 7 ball bank also...

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
The balls lay nice to bank 7 ball and take the cue ball 3/4 rails down to Pete's pocket. Keith
Of course. What better time to shoot this shot especially since you have sideboards to help. There are a lot of balls to be had here if you make the bank. I don't see any problem getting around the balls that are uptable.

vapros

Verified Member
Thanks, Whitey. What you do is a very real service to the rest of us. :)

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BK3H9aWSEpxeDtnL8 I was asked to do this shot, I did not really intend to do any shots but since I did this one, I did a few more. It does leave a return bank on the 10.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4EKpGMmFfDGxveJAA this shot I reset up the balls a 1/2" here or there but I do not really think it would of affected it much.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hXmTtR1cXVdm5oB16 I want to play off the 11 if possible to eliminate the 1/11 combo, plus move the 2 away from the opponents hole.
I also played this shot hard off the 3 ball into the 2, but the 2 went underneath the 11 with cb going up table, and leaving a possible 1/11 combo.

Dr. Bill's shot of coming into the 2 fuller and putting it on your side w/ cb going up against the 11 is a great shot, for it would be a total lock up. thumbs up!
enjoy, Whitey
Whitey, thanks for all that you do for us with your videos. I have a question on the video of you kicking at the two ball. You mentioned that you were putting a little English. Was it right or left English? Because I don't think I would shoot the shot if I couldn't put right English to try to control the cue ball as tight to the rail as possible. In my opinion it looks like you might have put a bit of left Spin and that's why the cue ball leaked out so far from the rail. I would like to hit the two ball as square as possible to stick the cue ball.
The shot is fine if you had enough long rail to back up the cue ball to hit the two full.
With the cue ball coming out too far from the rail there will be more options for my opponent.
full.

lll

Verified Member
whitey you da man.....(y)
thank you for posting all these shots
you and ghost are a match made in heaven
he presents the layout
and you show the results of various shot choices

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
whitey you da man.....(y)
thank you for posting all these shots
you and ghost are a match made in heaven
he presents the layout
and you show the results of various shot choices
Uuh Larry, you've made a slight mistake there...it's not pool player Whitey that's my "match made in heaven" 😏 ...no, my "match made in heaven" is most definitely, without a doubt, pool player Shanelle Loraine ;;  yes.gif >>>

; ; ; ; shanelle_loraine.jpg; ; ; ; Shanelle Loraine.jpg

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Whitey, thanks for all that you do for us with your videos. I have a question on the video of you kicking at the two ball. You mentioned that you were putting a little English. Was it right or left English? Because I don't think I would shoot the shot if I couldn't put right English to try to control the cue ball as tight to the rail as possible. In my opinion it looks like you might have put a bit of left Spin and that's why the cue ball leaked out so far from the rail. I would like to hit the two ball as square as possible to stick the cue ball.
The shot is fine if you had enough long rail to back up the cue ball to hit the two full.
With the cue ball coming out too far from the rail there will be more options for my opponent.
full.
Yes, you are right! I wanted to hit the 2 a little fuller so it would go into the rail more and go into the 11 a little fuller. This as you say would of kept the cb closer to the foot rail. I used a little left english, if you would of used right it would not of hit the 2 much at all, for you could not get that deep into the long rail. It is all in the set up, but yes hit the 2 fuller would of been better, probably center ball would of been better.

In watching the Crane vs. Danny match, one realizes the Crane would of shot this shot. thanks, Whitey
PS. I have a hard time posting this, for Shanelle should be the last post.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
Yet again, so far, no one picked the shooter's shot o_O

p.s. Welcome back to the wwyd's Frank (y)
There are two other options that are available that I can see. The first one would be to bank the 10ball into the 5ball sticking the cue ball. This option looks to be laying well to get good results. The second option is to two rail the 10ball to the pocket sending the cue ball two to three cushions around the table, this option is riskier but nonetheless doable.

Dr. Bill
Yes, you are right! I wanted to hit the 2 a little fuller so it would go into the rail more and go into the 11 a little fuller. This as you say would of kept the cb closer to the foot rail. I used a little left english, if you would of used right it would not of hit the 2 much at all, for you could not get that deep into the long rail. It is all in the set up, but yes hit the 2 fuller would of been better, probably center ball would of been better.

In watching the Crane vs. Danny match, one realizes the Crane would of shot this shot. thanks, Whitey
PS. I have a hard time posting this, for Shanelle should be the last post.

vapros

Verified Member
If he didn't kick softly at the 2, no doubt he banked the 3 ball across and sent Jojo into the 5 ball, leaving Pete with only one playable ball on his side - the bank on the stripe. A kamikaze for Pete.

But I still don't like leaving the 6 ball exposed.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Well thats nice , now I can't even think about pool, all I can think about is swimming pools and bikinis and me doing the triple Lindy off the high board

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Here is a couple of shots I did at the same time I did the others but I did not want to post them for I did not want to get a good razzing from Ghost!
But now Ghost has said no one has picked the shot that was executed, so here they are.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HzkbCKfXrDjUsha6A If I would of drawn it more and came underneath the 7 then it might have been a viable shot.
I got to laugh at myself when I stated; "that worked out pretty nice". What luck!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h6qkjiGXvoc2Uzca7 This I was skeptical of because of the 1/11 return combo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JUewM81iZH8amgbA7 I just wanted to open players imagination when balls lie in this situation.
enjoy the madness! Whitey

I am with you Billy Jackets, good thing I did these videos before Shanelle appeared on the scene.

Last edited: