Donn vs. Pete 2 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Donn's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right, under the cueball --- score is 2 - 1, Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Donn has several good offensive & moving options here --- the 1-11-2 combo is not 'on' --- wwyd? >>>

; 013.jpg; 015.jpg; 014.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
i like this since it stops him from banking the stripe and gets one on my side
ghost wwyd 3.png

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like crossing the 5 ball towards the 7, cb snuggled up around the stripe. If he kicks me behind the 6 ball, he will have a hard time keeping me from crossing the 3 ball over to my side the next inning.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I second Sappo shot. But there are so many other options but Ghost only allows one choice.
But I will say this, what are the percentages of drawing off the 13 into the big ball 6 and making it? Whitey
i like this since it stops him from banking the stripe and gets one on my side
View attachment 432145
Larry why not add hiding the cb behind the 2 now that you have removed his obvious return shot off the 3 hiding the cb behind the 6. Respectfully, Whitey

Hardmix

Verified Member
The 6 ball makes for a pretty large pocket for the bank on the 7. Caution on the speed of Cb, you do not want to try and make it to the end rail as it looks like you will sell out the 2 ball. My target is the diamond above the corner pocket.

vapros

Verified Member
I would kick gently at the 2 ball, like Mr. Miller. We will protect the 6, 13 and 4. It's the only shot for me.

OneRock

Verified Member
One potential offensive shot is to kick 2 rails at the 2 and drive it into the 14 if well hit. With a bit of luck, the 6 might drop. The CB will come off the 2, and with the right speed, will end up in position for the 3 if the 6 should end up dropping.

The shot would still be a safe option if the 2 kisses off the bottom of the 11.

vapros

Verified Member
I like the 1-11 where it is. I would not want to risk moving it.

Rt66

Verified Member
Thank you for the post, Mr. Ghost.

I like getting the 5 on my side with goal of tucking the cue ball under the 2.

catkins

Verified Member
I am leaning towards crossing the 5 and sticking the cue ball on the 10

Other shot I like is kicking the 2 to hit it thick and freeze on the 11 but kinda feel i would sell out to good a bank if the cue ball hits to thick

OneRock

Verified Member
I also think the 10 can be kicked 2 rails while parking the CB right where the 10 is now.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I second Sappo shot. But there are so many other options but Ghost only allows one choice.
But I will say this, what are the percentages of drawing off the 13 into the big ball 6 and making it? Whitey

Larry why not add hiding the cb behind the 2 now that you have removed his obvious return shot off the 3 hiding the cb behind the 6. Respectfully, Whitey
Whitey, lol...I was only kidding when I said only one choice allowed...and besides, only Steve allows, or disallows things round here...

And secondly...what you advised Larry is 1,000,000 correct....of course, while removing/banking the 3 over to your side, you also have your cueball spin down off of the long rail to end up behind the 2.

Last edited:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
what are the percentages of drawing off the 13 into the big ball 6 and making it? Whitey
I'd say high percentage. First thing I looked at. But; making a mess sending balls the wrong way and 'hoping' to have a second shot with a bank or some other lucky roll. Balls might bank back favorably but that's a lot of movement for difficult to predict results.

I like Sappo's shot much more.

Rt66

Verified Member
Sorry. Took my eye off image too long before earlier posting.

My post intended to be “get 3 to my side, getting cb tucked behind 2.”