Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I'm thinning the 8 towards my pocket and going into the 15/1 with the CB. My main objective is to protect the 11 and 8 with the 3 and leave him distance to deter from shooting the 13/5 combo. If the 1 goes in, all the better.

Alternatively, I like two railing the 1 but can't tell whether the 15 is in the way or not. Actually, I like this shot even better if it is available as I don't have to worry about leaving him a bank on the 8.

jay helfert

Verified Member
Pete's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 4-3 Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Pete has some interesting aggressive and moving options here --- the 10 does pass the 11ball cross-corner to your pocket --- wwyd? ----->

View attachment 431843View attachment 431844View attachment 431845View attachment 431846
I like shooting the 3 ball directly at the 11 with a fairly soft stroke and laying the cue ball behind the 10. If you happen to get lucky and make the 11, you now have a sweet bank on the 15 ball. Either way you've put Donn in a tough spot.

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
cut the 8 with extreme RHE and send CB 3-4 rails around to play shape on the 5 bank? if you miss your safe? :)
If I were to cut the 8 ball In, I think I would try and catch the 10 ball full to slow the cb down and move the 10 ball to my side for another option after the 11 ball. I'm starting to like this option more than playing safe.

catkins

Verified Member
If I shot the 8 ball it would be wit nothing but top and I would be playing to have the cue ball go 3 rails back and forth and end up near the rail trippling up opponents pocket, But I would only shoot this if I was fairly sure ai was going to make it since the punishment for missing is you seriouly lose any position you had and get put in a nasty trap after

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I like shooting the 3 ball directly at the 11 with a fairly soft stroke and laying the cue ball behind the 10. If you happen to get lucky and make the 11, you now have a sweet bank on the 12 ball. Either way you've put Donn in a tough spot.
Jay, you haven't read the thread. Please join the line at the head of the table...😄

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I will shoot the 3-11 combination at pocket speed and leave Jojo on the long rail, behind the 10 ball. It's straight in. :p
Combo-ing the 3-11 looks good to me, as long as the shooter believes he can bury the CB behind the 10ball. Looks like a half-ball hit with perhaps a half tip of low. If the CB gets between the 10 and the rail, the opponent is in jail.
Yep, Bill and Doc, that's what Pete (who is an aggressive player) attempted to do, and try and win the game right there....he hit it the combo very accurately, just barely missed making it....but, instead of stunning his cueball perfectly, he drew it a little, and so he didn't get behind the 10....and he had some bad luck in that the 3ball, after hitting the 11, stopped to leave Donn an excellent angle for a cross-corner bank - and also, it looks like the 3-11 are laying just right for Donn to be able to also safely right-spin kick the 11 away while shooting the bank...here's how it came out >>>

007.JPG

beatle

Verified Member
well it seems most think its easy to hit a ball at a controlled speed and send the cue ball away from it and hide it behind another ball. looks good when it works. most of those shots you do when you have nothing else, and are in a pickle and arent going to sell out if it doesnt come out perfect.

besides hiding someone very close to the ball gives him easy options to put you back in a bad spot or to equalize the situation.

here he hit it great and it came out nice but just a little off and it turned into a complete sellout of the game or should have.

Kybanks

Verified Member
well it seems most think its easy to hit a ball at a controlled speed and send the cue ball away from it and hide it behind another ball. looks good when it works. most of those shots you do when you have nothing else, and are in a pickle and arent going to sell out if it doesnt come out perfect.

besides hiding someone very close to the ball gives him easy options to put you back in a bad spot or to equalize the situation.

here he hit it great and it came out nice but just a little off and it turned into a complete sellout of the game or should have.
[/QUOTE

I agree 100%. If you can get behind the 10 then It's the shot. As I said in my original post that I dont want to try and get anywhere near the 10 ball because I felt it to be an awkward shot. To difficult for me at least.