Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I'm the only one that didn't like the bank here, just didn't like where the cb was hitting the 1 ball.
You weren't the only one, and for the same reason.
(although I didn't post it).

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Our members seem to always respond with shots that require great skills and I doubt that many if any play as good as they type.
That might be so.
But I know this much: When I was posting in February, I was capable of approaching those shots with a great deal of confidence.
Today, I question whether I could even hit the white ball into a cushion.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I'm banking the 13 into the 9 – the 13 goes to my hole, the 9 goes to my side and the CB goes into the 1 square moving it uptable. It looks like the angle lays better for this shot, rather than banking the 9 straight to my hole but ICBW

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I really like banking the 13 flat to play off the 9 and drawing into the 14 . I think I could win with this shot and get cover if I just hang the ball
Chris, you always choose my shots! Get outta my head lol

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I'm gonna save the 13 ball after I get some balls open to make. I'm playing off the 9 or 7 to go under the 6 ball. If the 13 goes I dont see another makeable shot, or if its hit to thin, then it's an easy escape with a missed opportunity to bury your opponent.
You can't really bury him behind the 6, can you ? There are no threats by your pocket so not really all that powerful a shot. If the 14 could be combo two railed to your pocket, then I would agree but that shot does not seem to be available.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
I'd have to see the 13-bank on the table to be sure of the carom angle to the 1 ball. If it was on the left side or full on the 1, I'd play it. It looks like I'm going to hit a little on the right side of the 1 ball, so I would try left on the cue ball to get a fuller hit on the 1.

For the 13-to-9-bank-kiss I don't feel like I could draw to the 14 so I'd just let the cue ball roll into the 1 ball but it has to look like a full-ball hit on the 1. If it hits on the right side, a sell-out likely ensues. An alternative is to stun the cue ball past the one and leave it on head rail. Nobody I play will make the 1 from there.

As much as I'd like to twist the 4 in, I fear leaving a bank and the shot has to be sitting at the right angle so the speeds of the shot and the safe on my opponent's rail match.

jay helfert

Verified Member
I think I'm going to keep it simple by banking the 12 long rail and down to combo the 4.
Leave the CB up on the top rail at pocket #1.
I like banking the 12 too and you can bank this straight up and down as well. If it runs into the side of the 10 that's all good too.