Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Donn's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right, behind the cueball --- score is 1 - 0, John ahead, both going to 8 --- Donn has several good shot options here --- wwyd? >>>

008.JPG009.JPG

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like banking the 13 to my pocket because my CB can roll naturally into the 1 to stop the CB in that area behind the stack and move the 1 further from their hole.

If the 1 wasn't there I like banking the 13 into the stack and creating a lot of positive action towards my hole.

sappo

Verified Member
Im definitely playing the cueball off the 13 ball, into the side rail and parking whitey under/ behind the 6 ball. Keith

Tobermory

Verified Member
Banking the 13 and caroming the cue ball into the 1 ball is the obvious shot. The shot is not hard to make and the 1 is going to move up table with very little risk of a double kiss, while the cue ball will end up somewhere on that side in position for the next shot choice.

lll

Verified Member
The other obvious shot is banking the 12? And sending the cue ball to the head rail
i dont like this as much since it doesn’t hide the balls by my pocket
but if my opponent goes for the 1 and misses ...ooh laa laaa

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Bank the 4 go over for the 6 and run out, after that 10 9 combination twist bank , this is a hanger.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I think I'm going to keep it simple by banking the 12 long rail and down to combo the 4.
Leave the CB up on the top rail at pocket #1.

catkins

Verified Member
I really like banking the 13 flat to play off the 9 and drawing into the 14 . I think I could win with this shot and get cover if I just hang the ball

catkins

Verified Member
I like banking the 13 to my pocket because my CB can roll naturally into the 1 to stop the CB in that area behind the stack and move the 1 further from their hole.

If the 1 wasn't there I like banking the 13 into the stack and creating a lot of positive action towards my hole.
I liked this shot at first but I think I will get better shape to run out playing the carom off the 9

lll

Verified Member
I liked this shot at first but I think I will get better shape to run out playing the carom off the 9
the only thing i would be concerned with is to me you have to cut the 9 alittle to the left to go flat
which means you need a good draw to hit the 14 full
if you hit the top of the 14 you might sell out an easy shot on the one ball
your skills are better than mine and i like your aggressive but controlled selection to most of your shot selection chris..... 👍

baby huey

Verified Member
Billy Jackets, you the man. Twist that four ball and play position on the six.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Bank the 4 go over for the 6 and run out, after that 10 9 combination twist bank , this is a hanger.
I like that shot if the CB were an inch or two to the left. As it lays, to my eye the CB can't be kicked far enough over for position on the 6.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
you can almost cross the 13 into the bottom of the 14, carom into the 9 towards your hole, cb into the 1...but I still like banking the 13 to my hole.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
For me, I think its easier to aim at making the 13 than aim at banking it into the edge of the 9.

catkins

Verified Member
the only thing i would be concerned with is to me you have to cut the 9 alittle to the left to go flat
which means you need a good draw to hit the 14 full
if you hit the top of the 14 you might sell out an easy shot on the one ball
your skills are better than mine and i like your aggressive but controlled selection to most of your shot selection chris..... 👍
it looks to me you can over cut the ball and turn it back off the bottom of the 9 so get a really nice slow controlled shot

Kybanks

Verified Member
I'm gonna save the 13 ball after I get some balls open to make. I'm playing off the 9 or 7 to go under the 6 ball. If the 13 goes I dont see another makeable shot, or if its hit to thin, then it's an easy escape with a missed opportunity to bury your opponent.