Donn vs. John 12 - end game situation - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is, Donn ahead 7-5, both going to 8 --- John is frozen to the foot rail and in some trouble here --- wwyd? >>>
009.JPG

008.JPG

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If John weren't shooting from frozen on the rail he'd want to go for the bank on the 7 because he needs all three balls. As it is he'd only have very limited control of the CB. I'd likely carom off the 7 into the 14. He might even pocket the 7, which means the opponent would have to deal with that.

He's not in the worst shape in the world, simply because the opponent has to guard against leaving a shot on any of the three balls.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
If I'm feeling good about the table, I might bank the 14 with enough right that I can leave the cue ball on the cushion, like this:

CropperCapture[52].jpg
If I can leave the 14 within a diamond of my pocket and him more or less straight in from the rail, he's got a chance to make a mistake. If the 14 goes in, I have a shot on the 10.

It's also possible to bank any of the three balls hard enough to get the cue ball back below the side pockets, but I'd rather play the slow shot.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I really want to bank the 14 and get natural shape on the 10 and run but I think im going to keep it simple and come off the left side of the 14 like im bank it cross corner, CB to head rail then back down to near my pocket. Now I have the 14 on my side and I dont think he can bank the 7.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
If I'm feeling good about the table, I might bank the 14 with enough right that I can leave the cue ball on the cushion, like this:

View attachment 432221
If I can leave the 14 within a diamond of my pocket and him more or less straight in from the rail, he's got a chance to make a mistake. If it goes in, I have a shot on the 10.
I was typing the same thing on the 14, good shot, but I wish I was a little further off the foot rail, cant put too much right on it.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
I was typing the same thing on the 14, good shot, but I wish I was a little further off the foot rail, cant put too much right on it.
Yeah, you have to jack up a little and probably aim full at the 14 and trust the table to do the right thing.

beatle

Verified Member
i need all three. i am always shooting at a shot that can go in. so the 14 or the 7 bank to try and win the game.

do you think that by playing safe you will get a better shot where you might get out later on.

Kybanks

Verified Member
i need all three. i am always shooting at a shot that can go in. so the 14 or the 7 bank to try and win the game.

do you think that by playing safe you will get a better shot where you might get out later on.
You have to pull the trigger here!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I'm not going to panic here and try one of those two banks available. Both have loss written over them. I'm banking the ten ball over to his side of the table and taking the cue ball one rail over to my side of the table by my pocket trying not to leave him a three rail bank on it. Hit it fairly well and you take away the one rail bank on the seven.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I'm not going to panic here and try one of those two banks available. Both have loss written over them. I'm banking the ten ball over to his side of the table and taking the cue ball one rail over to my side of the table by my pocket trying not to leave him a three rail bank on it. Hit it fairly well and you take away the one rail bank on the seven.
Frank, that is what I thinking also. Whitey

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Damn...I just gotta say that we've got some guys on here who are freakin' stealth bomber-deadly with their mouse...don't even matter if they hafta load up with english from dead offa the rail neither...

I don't think even Skylar or Billy Thorpe could hang with them in mouse-banking o_O

- Gh:LOL:st

P.S. And here's a pic of the mouse that I have a hunch certain guys on this site enthusiastically use ;) >>>

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...jpg

vapros

Verified Member
I caught a hammerhead shark once that was wearing a helmet like that one.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I caught a hammerhead shark once that was wearing a helmet like that one.

I was hanging at Myrtle Beach on the pier out at the deepest section one time. Not the pier nearest The Pavilion but the one down closest to the old roller coaster. A kid snagged a large hammerhead and became hell bent on bringing it in. I was broke with nothing to do, so I stayed there with him. What a struggle. He became exhausted but somehow he dragged that thing out onto the beach. Huge crowd had formed by that time...

vapros

Verified Member
Ugly beasts, for sure. I hope Ghostie didn't take my post too liberally - I was just kidding him about the helmet. :cool: