Do you plan to play in N.O. Member Tourney?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Sept 24 and 25, $100 entry, double elimination.

Please post your intentions here (doesn't have to include your guarantee, just your current expectation.)

Here are the members who have officially voted for Lacy's (which should mean they plan to be there.)

LSJohn

Disco Dave

Jeff Sparks

Gulfport Doc

jtompilot

Milton777

BRLongArm

Jakie

Troutmanmo

kicker

Hardmix

Newkirk

Hacker

MobileMike

==========

And now, also:

Tom Wirth

Jerry Matchin

wannabe Tommy :D

vapros

wgcp

Da Barber

Bill

Richard S

NH Steve

John in NH

crabcatjohn

Miller

poolandpokerman

scrzbill

jrhendy

Mkbtank

John Rizzo

James Christopher (Sniper)

Fireman KC

Cincy Kid

Joey A

35 Total

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
As you say, John, there are several guys who have not yet spoken up. I can think of at least 5 area guys who have been posters here who will almost certainly play. 3 of them are very good players, and will look at this event as relatively easy money...:D

Now that the venue, date and time are set, guys will start making plans; probably several at the last minute. This could actually end up being a 32 man event.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
What equipment will we use at Lacy's? Tables? Balls? Cue ball?

Smoking or no?

Thanks,

Tom

Non smoking, one of the nicest rooms in the country

All new Blue label Diamonds. First four tables are 4 1/8 or 4 1/4" corners. The other tables are 4.5"
One 10', approx ten 9' and twelve 7'

I think the balls are Aramith Pro. Most QBs are red circle but they have a few measles

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
It all sounds good guys. I'd come down for this one regardless of the equipment. Just wanted to be adequately prepared. Not many diamond tables around here but at least I can practice with the right cue ball. A smoking room would have put the nix on it for me.

Gonna be fun anyway I look at it.

Tom

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Non smoking, one of the nicest rooms in the country

All new Blue label Diamonds. First four tables are 4 1/8 or 4 1/4" corners. The other tables are 4.5"
One 10', approx ten 9' and twelve 7'

I think the balls are Aramith Pro. Most QBs are red circle but they have a few measles

Their website says 33 tables, 15 9-footers, 17 7-footers and one 10-footer. Jim, is the website correct or hasn't been updated for the 8-footers?

I called and they have maybe 3 or 4 measles, basically using red circle in the ball sets. Perhaps we should all plan on using the red circles

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Sept 24 and 25, $100 entry, double elimination.

Please post your intentions here (doesn't have to include your guarantee, just your current expectation.)

I'm battling some health issues right now. Hopefully my medical situation will be resolved or ameliorated by then. For now, I'm planning on attending.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If I can get outa bed, put a hat on my head . . .
If I'm still on my feet and there's something to eat . . .
If there's gas in my hack and my laundry is back . . .
You can tell 'em I'll be there. :eek: :heh

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I'm battling some health issues right now. Hopefully my medical situation will be resolved or ameliorated by then. For now, I'm planning on attending.

The wife and I are now planning on driving and take some time to visit some places on our way there. I'm sure I will be completely out of stroke by the time we get to NO so that will give you the opportunity to take advantage of me and get even.
Either way I hope you get over your health issues and can make the trip. I enjoyed your company.

As far as the get together goes I hope that we decide to have a dinner sometime or maybe like someone suggested that we should have a dinner break for a couple of hours on Saturday. This would give us time to mingle with all of the members there. Or have the dinner on Friday evening, more time to get to know each other.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
The wife and I are now planning on driving and take some time to visit some places on our way there. I'm sure I will be completely out of stroke by the time we get to NO so that will give you the opportunity to take advantage of me and get even.
Either way I hope you get over your health issues and can make the trip. I enjoyed your company.

Frank, somehow I have the feeling that that you being out of stroke is not enough weight :p you're a mighty fine player. Anyhow I'd be glad to play you to try to get even from the last wupping you gave me. :)

I enjoyed meeting you and from what I observed at the SS tourney, your wife seems like a sweet lady.

If things work out, I am hoping to get there earlier in the week, see some people and places I used to know when I lived there in the 80's and catch some music, oysters and mud bugs at night. I'll be driving too.

Monday through Wednesday's is extremely cheap pool rates at Lacey's so I may get familiar with the tables as well.

I'm hoping to see you and everyone else over there. :)

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Recreational Player/Fan Entry

Recreational Player/Fan Entry

Even the weak teams or player win sometimes. I'd like to be added to the tournament. Great chance to meet old and new friends.

ALWAYS a lot to be learned from playing in these events.

I'll start practicing today. I might even be able to "sneak up" on Doc Tripp or Col. Bille.

richard s