Django Unchained. (The Movie.)

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

What sort of billiards table did Mr. Tarantino include in the Cleopatra Club?

I had just a glimpse of the scene (my companion was yap, yap, yap). The table seemed smallish (four feet?), had no pockets, and employed three balls. It had, I think, raised and rounded corners instead of rails to keep the balls in play.

Due diligence is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Sadly, the only player at the table was a villain. Quentin … you could have given an attractive ho a billiards cameo. You had several of them in the house!

Sure Lock

If I remember correctly there was a hole in middle. Seemed to me the object would be to roll up that curved wall around a ball and into the hole, or not into the hole.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Dear Gentle Readers,

What sort of billiards table did Mr. Tarantino include in the Cleopatra Club?

I had just a glimpse of the scene (my companion was yap, yap, yap). The table seemed smallish (four feet?), had no pockets, and employed three balls. It had, I think, raised and rounded corners instead of rails to keep the balls in play.

Due diligence is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Sadly, the only player at the table was a villain. Quentin … you could have given an attractive ho a billiards cameo. You had several of them in the house!

The table was in 'take' mode....the women were in the ''give'' mode and the game was in the ''no way'' mode. :heh

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Tarantino movies are their own genre. They are not to be viewed like you would a real movie. Once you get him, Tarantino, you just sort of chuckle your way through the preposterousness of the movie.

Hey...totally agree. If I know it's a Tarantino movie ahead of time I'll pass on it. Some of my buddies really liked it.