Dippy, Alex, and Vegas...

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:
As much as I hate to interrupt the thread hijack, did Pete and Alex actually complete their final set, or did they pro-rate? Last I could tell from Sunnyday's comments was that Pete had been up either +8 or +9, then they quit for the night. The next word was that Pete "split town".

Also, does anyone know exactly how much Pete came out ahead? If there were 4 sets, I gather Pete scored as follows: #1-won 20K, #2-lost 40K, #3 won 40K, and #4-won 40K? So, if that's true, he ended up 60K ahead.

It's interesting that the perception of Pete went from being a slime ball when he played Frost, to being a decent guy when he played Alex.:rolleyes: I still suspect the former.

Doc

hehe.. I always get kind of lost when I see Pete. His last name is Peat.

http://www.pokerafterdark.com/players/match_35/David_Peat

He did win the last set. I'm not sure how it all turned out. If I remember right, the last set, people weren't saying for how much it was for, so I'm not sure. Without going back and re-reading it all, I thought Dippy wont he 1st for 20, Alex won the 2nd for 40, Dippy won the 3rd for ?? Maybe 40?

I'm not sure there was ever a 4th set played. This is just what I remember from following the thread for several days, so I could be wrong, but I'm not going thru it all again:D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
hehe.. I always get kind of lost when I see Pete. His last name is Peat.

http://www.pokerafterdark.com/players/match_35/David_Peat

He did win the last set. I'm not sure how it all turned out. If I remember right, the last set, people weren't saying for how much it was for, so I'm not sure. Without going back and re-reading it all, I thought Dippy wont he 1st for 20, Alex won the 2nd for 40, Dippy won the 3rd for ?? Maybe 40?

I'm not sure there was ever a 4th set played. This is just what I remember from following the thread for several days, so I could be wrong, but I'm not going thru it all again:D
Thats what winning and loosing does. It changes people. And people are happy when they win and when they loose the are sad. But a real perfesional does not get affected by winning or loosing. And tomarow it starts fresh again. And the worst thing you can do is dwell on the loosers and hold on too them.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thats what winning and loosing does. It changes people. And people are happy when they win and when they loose the are sad. But a real perfesional does not get affected by winning or loosing. And tomarow it starts fresh again. And the worst thing you can do is dwell on the loosers and hold on too them.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ARTIE AND KUDOS TO CLARE:)
a SUCCINT reply that was easy to read.:D
hooray:D :D

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Artie Bodendorfer said:

I agree about this, I have learned an equal amount from losing as I have winning.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
CONGRATULATIONS TO ARTIE AND KUDOS TO CLARE:)
a SUCCINT reply that was easy to read.:D
hooray:D :D
When a sucker gets lucky a player doesnt have a chance. I guess you can get lucky at anything. Becuse I sure didnt get no lessons. And like I said I like getting knocked. It showes me they care. Maybe not in a positive support. But in a negative report. And look how Mickale Vick turned it around. From hate too love. Becaue some people realy want to forgive. But I dont no if thier is such a thing.And when people say they are sorry I guess that makes it ok. Some people have a thousand Im sorry. I think they say it because the like herring the word. And saying sorry gives people the impresion that you are sorry about what you did or the mistake you made. But to some people it comes too easy just too say Im sorry. And what I look for is in the persond action not in the words. Because everyone knowes the same words. But his action will show if he does the same thing or the same mistake over again. Like some peopls best line is I will never do that again. Untell next time or the next person. But people love to her it even the inmates when the go up for parole. And they know thats what the warden and people want too her. And is it the truth and if it gets you out off jail and helps your parole I guess its worth saying. Maybe if they would say Im sorry 100 times they will have a better chance off getting out. Thier so sorry. Then Why do they come back and say Im sorry again. And they say it thier whole life. It realy comes down too is the person truth full or not. And thats what its about. And they are always sorry after they do it. Why areant they sorry before they do it? JUst like in a pool game after they shoot they wrong shot. And they no after they shoot its the wrong shot. Why didnt they know that it was the wrong shot before they shot it? But most off the things we say we recorded them in our mindand we use them when we think its neesacery.And a person who is good at memorizing. Can merorize a lot off different things. And we are all very lucky that we have a mind too think with.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
well it looks like he ended up 80 ahead.... this is a poker forum that he hangs out in and it looks like they added a pool subforum to it.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/160/playground-pool-snooker-billiards/

you can see viffer's post on page 2 of the How I started poker and ended my pool career.
Read the thread, and I see what you mean. But I worked the arithmetic a little, and I can't see how he got to 80K. I thought Peat lost their 2nd set for 40K. Anyway, maybe they'll sort it out over on Zany.

But if Alex did lose 80K, or anything like it to Peat, he ought to consider stopping gambling at pool. Perhaps his backers have unlimited jack, but it looks as though Alex was a "mark".

If it's true he was beating Gabe at 11-5, and Joyner at 12-4, then it's monumental that Frost beat Peat at --what was it?-- 15-4, or more?

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
gulfportdoc said:
If it's true he was beating Gabe at 11-5, and Joyner at 12-4, then it's monumental that Frost beat Peat at --what was it?-- 15-4, or more?

Doc
doc ,those games were before he "quit pool" cause of his brain issues:rolleyes: