Dicks Pix

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey SJ Dick.......I was just wondering if you have any pics of yourself from back in the day, (1960's-1970's) playing One Pocket ?.......If you do, why don't you post up a few, I'd like to see them and I think other members here also would - I don't think you're 'undercover' anymore, so you don't have to worry about showing your mug.....:D

ps, Now if you have any pics of yourself playing Ronnie or Keith, those would be really good.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I usually charge,but for you.....

I usually charge,but for you.....

One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey SJ Dick.......I was just wondering if you have any pics of yourself from back in the day, (1960's-1970's) playing One Pocket ?.......If you do, why don't you post up a few, I'd like to see them and I think other members here also would - I don't think you're 'undercover' anymore, so you don't have to worry about showing your mug.....:D

ps, Now if you have any pics of yourself playing Ronnie or Keith, those would be really good.

Ghost, Thanks For your interest (however clandestine it may be). There are numerous mug..er.. photos of me in your local Post Office or Federal building for your viewing pleasure.
In addition, I am also outed on pages 32,232,and 299 in "Shots, Moves and Strategies".
My only Accustat appearance is against Cliff Joyner in Grady's tourn. in Baton Rouge. (1998) I don't know how to post the pic's, but I'll bet my friend, Charles M. might be able to. :D I have seen a few pic's of RA, Fats, Eddie Kelly and me floating around, but I don't have them. Posing for pictures with guy's like Puckett, Kelly, Buddy Hall, etc., was never high on my "How to Make Money" list because they would always make me buy the drinks for the privilege. :rolleyes: Also, my 20 year hiatus from pool ('72 to '92) allowed me to slip quietly between the cracks.

Dick

PS Picture on page 32 of "SMAS" is a typo. Should read '77 instead of '57. Hair like that in the '50's would have been suicide !
Pic's of Ronnie and I, if they exist, would be R rated due to Profanity and Violence! (possibly even nudity)

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dick Mc Morran said:
Pic's of Ronnie and I, if they exist, would be R rated due to Profanity and Violence! (possibly even nudity)
Great pictures, Dick. Hopefully your pal will be able to post them on the website. But nudity with RA? I didn't know y'all played the field THAT wild!!:D Jokes aside, that 4 rail bank, with po', against Puckett was pretty sick! Great shot.

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Whoa, Whoa !!!

Whoa, Whoa !!!

gulfportdoc said:
Great pictures, Dick. Hopefully your pal will be able to post them on the website. But nudity with RA? I didn't know y'all played the field THAT wild!!:D Jokes aside, that 4 rail bank, with po', against Puckett was pretty sick! Great shot.

Doc

The only possible nude photos of RA and I would be in a drunken stupor, with members of the opposite sex. The thought of him nude is scarier than, shall we say... Smorgie. :eek: I'm GLAD I can't remember for sure!!!

Dick

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Chester Trulove's

Chester Trulove's

Dick Mc Morran said:
The only possible nude photos of RA and I would be in a drunken stupor, with members of the opposite sex. The thought of him nude is scarier than, shall we say... Smorgie :eek: I'm GLAD I can't remember for sure!!!

Dick

Dick I posted a War Story on my blog about Norman Hitchcock and Truelove's in OK City. I think you said you did some time there. The first time I met you was at Grady's tourn. in Baton Rouge. Everybody that ever played 1pkt was at that tournament including Hitchcock. http://warstoriesnonebyolivernorth.blogspot.com/

the Beard

Charles Morrison

Verified Member
From
Laguna Niguel, CA
Dick McMorran vs. Cliff Joyner

Dick McMorran vs. Cliff Joyner

Of all my one pocket DVD's and tapes, the match between Dick McMorran and and Cliff Joyner and the Rempe vs. Fusco match with Fred Bentivegna's commentary are my two personal favorites. I highly recommend them both.

Dick, who was 63 years old at the time, won 4-3 over Cliff in a match that was highly entertaining. In one game they each shot about 20 times on the last ball and it was very instructive with respect to end game strategy. Anyway, I'd rather not say more as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. One correction - on the Accu-Stats web site, one of the commentators was listed as BI when if fact, it was BH or Buddy Hall.

IMO, the highlight of the Rempe vs. Fusco match was the Beard's stellar commentary. In my opinion, it was the best I've ever heard. Over the course of a fairly long match, he elaborates on the entire theory of one pocket and covers nearly every aspect of the game and its strategies, in detail.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Finally!

Finally!

Charles Morrison said:
Of all my one pocket DVD's and tapes, the match between Dick McMorran and and Cliff Joyner and the Rempe vs. Fusco match with Fred Bentivegna's commentary are my two personal favorites. I highly recommend them both.

Dick, who was 63 years old at the time, won 4-3 over Cliff in a match that was highly entertaining. In one game they each shot about 20 times on the last ball and it was very instructive with respect to end game strategy. Anyway, I'd rather not say more as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. One correction - on the Accu-Stats web site, one of the commentators was listed as BI when if fact, it was BH or Buddy Hall.

IMO, the highlight of the Rempe vs. Fusco match was the Beard's stellar commentary. In my opinion, it was the best I've ever heard. Over the course of a fairly long match, he elaborates on the entire theory of one pocket and covers nearly every aspect of the game and its strategies, in detail.

Finally, someone who can recognize genius. Thank you very much, Charles. I have that VHS someplace and I am thinking of converting it to video.

the Beard

Charles Morrison

Verified Member
From
Laguna Niguel, CA
Rempe vs. Fusco

Rempe vs. Fusco

Beard,

As I'm sure you recall, Lou Butera was your co-commentator on that match. By his own admission in the video, Lou was interested in learning more about one pocket from you. As a result, he let you do most of the talking and would ask questions from time to time. Anyway, I thought it worked out to be a perfect opportunity for you to convey your vast and hard earned knowledge of one pocket. In a way, it was like you were explaining it to a good friend and the audience was along for the ride. The result, IMO, was just outstanding.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Charles Morrison said:
For alternating pictures of Dick McMorran and Cliff Joyner, check out this link on the Accu-Stats web site.

http://www.accu-stats.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=000509

Nah, this aint what were looking for - he looks too respectable here....Where's the pix of him with the long hair and the racing form sticking out of the back pocket of his bell bottom jeans....:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dick Mc Morran said:
The only possible nude photos of RA and I would be in a drunken stupor, with members of the opposite sex. The thought of him nude is scarier than, shall we say... Smorgie. :eek: I'm GLAD I can't remember for sure!!!
Well, I don't know, Dick. Smorg is a large lad. As a matter of fact Doug wears a crucifix-- and there's a full sized guy on the cross!! (za-boom!):D

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Uh oh Lenny.....After all of these 'mancrush' posts re. old Papie threads...I think you might be hearing from OldSchool now..:eek:...I think he might be showing up to give you the top fanboy award...:D:p

- Ghost

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
One Pocket Ghost said:
Uh oh Lenny.....After all of these 'mancrush' posts re. old Papie threads...I think you might be hearing from OldSchool now..:eek:...I think he might be showing up to give you the top fanboy award...:D:p

- Ghost

Haha Ghost, you cant be a fan boy if the man is your grandpa. :D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Dick,

If you'd dust off all your pics, I'm ready to start scanning:)

Here are some screenshots of his match with Cliff

PDVD_001.JPG
PDVD_002.JPG

Sizing up the spot shot. Dick's in the bottom left corner.
PDVD_003.JPG

The look after ole' whitey went right in the drink of Cliff's pocket
PDVD_004.JPG

Dick's stance. Watching him play, he just glides around the table. His table presence is smooth, alway's looks under control and matter of fact.
PDVD_005.JPG

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Actually, my favorite picture of Papie, is this one that I posted up a year or two ago...it's the one taken of him in the bingo tent where he's obviously feeling no pain, having been mixing his Yukon Jack with his Guinness...:D...:p >>>

- Ghosty

PS, Playing him One Pocket is fine, but no way would I give Papie bingo action - unless he spotted me 3 cards to one card..I know how strong those 70-something yr. old retirees play bingo...:D...:p

Attachments

• SJD.jpg
    SJD.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Actually, my favorite picture of Papie, is this one that I posted up a year or two ago...

- Ghosty

A year or two??? One year and five days ago is more like it. It's the first pic in your "A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words" thread. A very good but often unused thread.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Dick I posted a War Story on my blog about Norman Hitchcock and Truelove's in OK City. I think you said you did some time there. The first time I met you was at Grady's tourn. in Baton Rouge. Everybody that ever played 1pkt was at that tournament including Hitchcock. http://warstoriesnonebyolivernorth.blogspot.com/

the Beard
Freddy,

I just caught the Duck perusing this thread, I didn't know you two had ever met or am I interpreting it wrong?

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
We crossed paths only

We crossed paths only

Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,

I just caught the Duck perusing this thread, I didn't know you two had ever met or am I interpreting it wrong?

Dennis

We crossed paths at Grady's tourn at Baton Rouge. We both played in it. Very little conversation. I think he had already formed a negative opinion of Moi. Maybe I previously had broke or sharked somebody that he liked???:) :) :) :)

Beard

Not intended to rev. Note 4 smiley faces. I am having enough difficulty with Moonbeam McSwain.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
We crossed paths at Grady's tourn at Baton Rouge. We both played in it. Very little conversation. I think he had already formed a negative opinion of Moi. Maybe I previously had broke or sharked somebody that he liked???:)

Beard

Not intended to rev. Note 4 smiley faces..I am having enough trouble with Moonbeam Mc Swain

As well you should have, with all your 'unethicalabilityness' (sp?)...The reason we never talked is, I didn't know you from a lumpy, limping, bag of potatoes (no pun intended)...Also, I doubt you could have gotten through my fan club, to introduce yourself...It was a mob scene..I am used to better security at these high profile events...Grady promised it would not happen again..:p :p :p :p

Last edited: