Deuel vs Owen -- WWYD 1

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
This is the first thing I thought of but thought that getting the balls in play would be more beneficial. Putting heat on him right away. Doc, I want to thank you again for getting me in touch with Marshall Carpenter for me to get his autograph. RIP Marshall.
I was glad that you got in touch with him. He was one of the greats, and a true gentleman. He was around so long that it still seems peculiar that he's no longer with us.

As far as this layout, I didn't realize that Corey owed a ball. That changes everything, and takes away the 3-railer.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I recall watching this match, and I thought Corey was smoking something when he executed the option he chose. But he went for the gusto and almost pulled it off. Unless you watch the match, you probably won't know what he did.
I thought the same Peter, which is one of the reasons I posted this. I would love for someone to explain why he shot what he did....

I think Dr. Bill explained it great about getting other balls in play which is what I was thinking and a lot of us thought...

And although Corey chose to shoot an offensive shot on the 6, I can't believe he chose to KICK the 6, instead of 3 railing it. Can someone please tell me the upside to this shot or was it just a bad decision (what I think it is)??

Here is the video of it:

actually great run of balls to get there too...but why KICK????? I see he is playing his CB and if he shot the 3 railer he sells out a spot shot but dang, that is ballsy! (no pun intended)

lll

Verified Member
That was an amazing kick
definitely not in my pay grade

unoperro

Verified Member
Since Corey has balls this inning and owes a ball, cut the 6 ball in and cross the table toward the two balls there. Now there are two balls on the spot, or even three if I make the 4 - not an emergency situation.
If 1 of the balls from the corner gets shootable the 2 balls on spot makes for a free pass.

wincardona

Verified Member
Cory also has the option of kicking under the 2ball with extreme left English with enough speed to send the 2ball to both side rails then to the foot rail, there's also the chance he can pocket the 4ball in the process.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
I think kicking the two ball via the short rail would be a good option if it could be done without making the four ball. Putting the four ball on the spot would not be good if Corey owes one. Having two balls on the spot may leave a free bank on the two ball. I thought I read somewhere that Corey owed a ball before he started his run. Am I wrong? If no ball is going on the spot then kick the two while pocketing the four.
Correct Frank, I didn't read your post but I like the shot as well.

Dr. Bill

jay helfert

Verified Member
Just watched this great match and I wanted to post a few WWYD's that I saw come up.

This first one, it's Corey's shot, he needs all 3 balls, his pocket is lower right where the piece of chalk is sitting on the rail.

The ball counter has not caught up to him yet, he just ran a few balls to get here.

WWYD?

View attachment 431968
Did he ticky the two ball to the end rail and lay the cue ball against the side rail by the four.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I didn't get around to posting it before you put up his shot, but:
I would have cross-banked the 6 pocket-speed trying to pocket the 4 leaving the 6 tied up on the 2.
CB to rail and back down to sit on the foot rail - 2 balls spotted.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Did he ticky the two ball to the end rail and lay the cue ball against the side rail by the four.
A few replies up Jay here is the video. Im still wanting to know why someone who plays as well as he does shoots this shot.