Deuel vs Owen -- WWYD 1

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Just watched this great match and I wanted to post a few WWYD's that I saw come up.

This first one, it's Corey's shot, he needs all 3 balls, his pocket is lower right where the piece of chalk is sitting on the rail.

The ball counter has not caught up to him yet, he just ran a few balls to get here.

WWYD?

1597247971829.png

lll

Verified Member
3 rail the greenish ball
seems too obvious
Corey probably kick / carom banked the 2 From the short rail And made the 4 at the same time

cincy_kid

Verified Member
3 rail the greenish ball
seems too obvious
Corey probably kick / carom banked the 2 From the short rail And made the 4 at the same time
I am guessing that's what most are thinking, that its too obvious (3 railer on green ball). I wont say yet what he did but I will just elaborate on the topic of playing the score, he needs all 3. Right now both of those balls are out of play, does one not try to put them in play or is an offensive shot the best shot here?

wincardona

Verified Member
This is a very interesting type of a situation, let me explain. Needing all three balls your objective other than pocketing a ball that carries a high % to pocket you should try to get nalls in play. Especially if they are buried in a pocket like here.

Yes there is a three rail shot available but Imo its not the time to play for your pocket based off of the low% to pocket the shot.
Putting balls in play will make your opponent feel .ore uncomfortable than shooting the three railer.

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Only fair to mention that he owes a ball, which has to be spotted after his turn...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
If I thought I could get to it without brushing the 4, I’d try to kick the 2 in coming off the head rail with the cb...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
If I thought I could get to it without brushing the 4, I’d try to kick the 2 in coming off the head rail with the cb...
That also may pocket the 4 and have them all in play, I like that shot if it's there, hard to tell from the camera angle.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I cannot quite see whether it’s possible to carom bank the 2 off the 4 and carom the 4 in the pocket off the CB. If the shot is available, I’d play it. If not, I’d try to kick bank the 2 (head rail first with the CB)

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I think kicking the two ball via the short rail would be a good option if it could be done without making the four ball. Putting the four ball on the spot would not be good if Corey owes one. Having two balls on the spot may leave a free bank on the two ball. I thought I read somewhere that Corey owed a ball before he started his run. Am I wrong? If no ball is going on the spot then kick the two while pocketing the four.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I don't see much downside to 3-railing the green ball pocket speed. It's a makeable shot, and if it drops he can then roll in the 4 and hide behind the deuce.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I don't see much downside to 3-railing the green ball pocket speed. It's a makeable shot, and if it drops he can then roll in the 4 and hide behind the deuce.
This is the first thing I thought of but thought that getting the balls in play would be more beneficial. Putting heat on him right away. Doc, I want to thank you again for getting me in touch with Marshall Carpenter for me to get his autograph. RIP Marshall.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
If Corey has to spot one (I see a coin) then banking the 6 is going to leave that spotted ball as a shot unless the 6 goes in.

He could pocket the 6 up there and make the 4 on a carom leaving the cue ball stuck behind the 2.

catkins

Verified Member
though he is straight in on the three railer if there is a way I can bank the 2 and land behind the 6 I have to shoot that

cincy_kid

Verified Member
though he is straight in on the three railer if there is a way I can bank the 2 and land behind the 6 I have to shoot that
looks to me that would maybe be on a kiss, I can see hitting long rail first (kick bank) with some low LHE but then you wouldn't be on the 6.

I will post what he did around noon today just to give these at least 24 hours in case others haven't had a chance to see them yet.

Ghost better post his shot selections in all 3 of these since he rarely gets to play on this side of the WWYDs. :)

12squared

Verified Member
Since it looks like Corey owes a ball, he could make the 6 and slide the cue to the center of the end rail putting 2 balls in play. If he wanted to gamble, I think he could slide across the table to pocket the 4 after making the 6 getting 3 balls in play, but chancing leaving a shit on the 2.

catkins

Verified Member
looks to me that would maybe be on a kiss, I can see hitting long rail first (kick bank) with some low LHE but then you wouldn't be on the 6.

I will post what he did around noon today just to give these at least 24 hours in case others haven't had a chance to see them yet.

Ghost better post his shot selections in all 3 of these since he rarely gets to play on this side of the WWYDs. :)
if he can miss the 4 there is no kiss with left draw but there is a scratch

OneRock

Verified Member
I recall watching this match, and I thought Corey was smoking something when he executed the option he chose. But he went for the gusto and almost pulled it off. Unless you watch the match, you probably won't know what he did.

vapros

Verified Member
Since Corey has balls this inning and owes a ball, cut the 6 ball in and cross the table toward the two balls there. Now there are two balls on the spot, or even three if I make the 4 - not an emergency situation.

jtompilot

Verified Member
You can’t three rail the 6 when a ball is going to get spotted, unless you figure it’s almost a gimme to make