Detroit One Pocket Tournament

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Ghosty, I have always liked and respected you and your opinions - I really have. But you should not have done this. There has to be some rules, even if they're not posted on the wall. I feel certain that in the morning you will wish you had not made this post. :eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Hang in there fellows, this is getting good. :) I enjoy both of your posts and opinions. Toughen up guys. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybodys got one, most of 'em stink. :D
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
No man, the last word is not what I'm looking for...I just want things to be seen for what they really are...so I just need to say this last thing...

A few months ago it seemed like to me that jrhendy's constant needling posts at me had been mean-spirited, and not just friendly kidding anymore...but I was puzzled because I thought we were friends, and I couldn't think of anything that would have changed that....so to try and check and see if I was just imagining it, I thought I would contact SJD to get his take on it - because I trusted his judgement, and if he told me I was reading things wrong, then I would accept that...but he didn't - he agreed with my take on it....

What Dick said back to was...that he thought that jrhendy's posts at me were "over the top, not friendly" and that he "was surprised that John would do that".

You know, I have my faults, like all of us...but if a friend of mine was in trouble 100 miles away and it was midnight, and he called me - I'd get right in the car and head out there...

But John, if you want to not like me because I like to try and win arguments and cuz I say my shot choice is the best - well then, all I can say is, you (or anyone else) have to do what you think is right.

Here is why I needled you - I was trying to beat you out of some of your $$. We played a few times at the 2008 Derby and broke even. We played in Galveston and broke even. Both times we played were for $40/$50 a game. In Galveston you agreed to play some $100 a game. When we got to the table you lowered the bet to $80 and quit after I won two games. I even went off for $200 playing that stupid prop game that I knew you had the best of, trying to get you to gamble. You are too smart to go off, I'll give you credit for that, and needling you to play for more $$ won't work either.

I mistakenly thought a player of your caliber wouldn't mind playing for more $$. You are wise enough to stay in your comfort zone and not play me for more $$. I might have been stalling.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
No man, the last word is not what I'm looking for...I just want things to be seen for what they really are...so I just need to say this last thing...

Papie, if you feel like you need to be mad at me for repeating this (although you never said it was strictly in confidence), so be it, and I sincerely apologize in advance to you - but I feel that I have to, so no one can say that it's just me seeing things this way...

A few months ago it seemed like to me that jrhendy's constant needling posts at me had been mean-spirited, and not just friendly kidding anymore...but I was puzzled because I thought we were friends, and I couldn't think of anything that would have changed that....so to try and check and see if I was just imagining it, I thought I would contact SJD to get his take on it - because I trusted his judgement, and if he told me I was reading things wrong, then I would accept that...but he didn't - he agreed with my take on it....

What Dick said back to was...that he thought that jrhendy's posts at me were "over the top, not friendly" and that he "was surprised that John would do that".

You know, I have my faults, like all of us...but if a friend of mine was in trouble 100 miles away and it was midnight, and he called me - I'd get right in the car and head out there...

But John, if you want to not like me because I like to try and win arguments and cuz I say my shot choice is the best - well then, all I can say is, you (or anyone else) have to do what you think is right.

Ghosty,

If only for the sake of harmony....I wish we could put all this stuff to rest. You PM'd me regarding John's needling you, and asked me, to ask him...why he was getting on your case so hard. I did say I was surprised...but I think you misconstrued the intent of my response.

I am not sticking up for John, or trying to make anyone "wrong" in this tiff... If you still have our PM exchange, (I don't because I did not think it was a big thing) .... please post it, and let the chips fall where they may... I will stand by whatever I said, at the time.
Bottom line, lets get back to woofing and needling...without taking every little word, so personal. No one dislikes you...lighten up bud ! :)

PS.. Let me say John and I have talked since this little difference between you two...and he has a lot of respect for the way you handle youself. Neither he, nor I, have a problem with ANYONE who is smart enough to gamble within his own parameters. Manys the time I wish I had been that sensible...:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Here is why I needled you - I was trying to beat you out of some of your $$. We played a few times at the 2008 Derby and broke even. We played in Galveston and broke even. Both times we played were for $40/$50 a game. In Galveston you agreed to play some $100 a game. When we got to the table you lowered the bet to $80 and quit after I won two games. I even went off for $200 playing that stupid prop game that I knew you had the best of, trying to get you to gamble. You are too smart to go off, I'll give you credit for that, and needling you to play for more $$ won't work either.

I mistakenly thought a player of your caliber wouldn't mind playing for more $$. You are wise enough to stay in your comfort zone and not play me for more $$. I might have been stalling.

I'm glad you posted this, cuz like I said in my last post - I just want things to be seen for what they really are....

You said a long ways back that your most often/usual bet playing your regular friend/opponents in your area was $50 a game....like many of us here on this site, we met each other here and got to be 'internet-pool world-buddy's'....so when we met up a couple of times at the DCC the last coupla years we played for $40-$50 a game, like you said....that seemed to me to be our 'niche'....now you say you were looking to beat me out of more money then that, you were stalling, etc....I don't mind being targeted, or stalled on one bit, I kind of like it actually - but you choosing me for a 'score' surprises me, lol - I sure don't ever remember talking like I was some kind of moneyed-up guy....I thought that like me, you just wanted to enjoy playing for a decent $50 a game bet, and for the more important - onepocket.org bragging rights....and you know, in the last 10 years at the DCC, I met and played many pool forum guys who only wanted to play for $20-$30 a game - I sure didn't feel that I had to knock them afterwards, because they only wanted to play for $20-$30...

I've made mention on here before, that I'm just a blue collar working stiff looking to pay the bills every month - and with the bad economy situation the last coupla years, and the fact that I have a family member semi-dependent on me whenever I can spare them a few bucks, things are kinda tough....

So you being a comfortably retired banker who's probably at least 10 times better off financially then me - the bet is all relative - my playing for $50 a game is probably equal to your playing for $500 a game...

And as far as being needled...I'm not so thin-skinned...I don't care if everybody posts at me saying their shot is better than mine, or gives me the clown picture for my shot, etc - that's just fun needling....but you instead keep calling me a nit in every post - that's not a friendly needle - that's an insult and attacking someone's pool room character - and I don't appreciate it, because it's a lie...I bet as much as I can afford...if I had Harry Platis's money, I'd be playing for $5,000 - $10,000 too, and lovin' it....

Don't call me a nit, because I happen to hate nits myself...here's what a nit is....Chris's Billiards has two guys that are regulars there - one of them has probably about $500,000 in the bank, the other guy has probably about $1,000,000 - their regular bet (usually with each other) is $10 a game - and it's hard to get them down, lol....they play halfway decent - about 10-7 under me....about 8 months ago I got Mr. $1,000,000 to play me for $30 a game - but he would only do that if I gave him 11-7, although 10-7 is an even game (he wouldn't want to lose any of that $1,000,000 after all)....I gave it to him just to make him play....Well, he came out 3 games up....in the 8 months since, when I've asked him to play - he's refused to play me with the same 11- 7 that he won with! - says he doesn't remember that it was 11-7....nice action, huh - not too nitty, right.....that's why about a year ago Freddy posted that Chris's was all nits and knockers now, and he never goes there anymore...

I guess that about says it all.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
jtompilot said:
I'll play JH or Ghost for $100 a game:p

Don't know where you are at, but if we ever run into each other, I'll play.

I am in Northern CA, but have spent the last couple of years going to as many tournaments as I can around the country at places I have not visited before.

Where are you located and where do you play?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Ghost, I have several stories about nits that quit me because I play to good to only bet $20 a game. Or the guy in New York that would only play me on the Crooked Gaff table.

Some times I get so mad I dont know why I play this game. Oh, I remember, I love this game. Screw the jerks, lets go have some fun:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
androd said:
Hang in there fellows, this is getting good. :) I enjoy both of your posts and opinions. Toughen up guys. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybodys got one, most of 'em stink. :D
Rod.

Probably the most sensible thread since this one turned into ?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
I'm glad you posted this, cuz like I said in my last post - I just want things to be seen for what they really are....

You said a long ways back that your most often/usual bet playing your regular friend/opponents in your area was $50 a game....like many of us here on this site, we met each other here and got to be 'internet-pool world-buddy's'....so when we met up a couple of times at the DCC the last coupla years we played for $40-$50 a game, like you said....that seemed to me to be our 'niche'....now you say you were looking to beat me out of more money then that, you were stalling, etc....I don't mind being targeted, or stalled on one bit, I kind of like it actually - but you choosing me for a 'score' surprises me, lol - I sure don't ever remember talking like I was some kind of moneyed-up guy....I thought that like me, you just wanted to enjoy playing for a decent $50 a game bet, and for the more important - onepocket.org bragging rights....and you know, in the last 10 years at the DCC, I met and played many pool forum guys who only wanted to play for $20-$30 a game - I sure didn't feel that I had to knock them afterwards, because they only wanted to play for $20-$30...

I've made mention on here before, that I'm just a blue collar working stiff looking to pay the bills every month - and with the bad economy situation the last coupla years, and the fact that I have a family member semi-dependent on me whenever I can spare them a few bucks, things are kinda tough....

So you being a comfortably retired banker who's probably at least 10 times better off financially then me - the bet is all relative - my playing for $50 a game is probably equal to your playing for $500 a game...

And as far as being needled...I'm not so thin-skinned...I don't care if everybody posts at me saying their shot is better than mine, or gives me the clown picture for my shot, etc - that's just fun needling....but you instead keep calling me a nit in every post - that's not a friendly needle - that's an insult and attacking someone's pool room character - and I don't appreciate it, because it's a lie...I bet as much as I can afford...if I had Harry Platis's money, I'd be playing for $5,000 - $10,000 too, and lovin' it....

Don't call me a nit, because I happen to hate nits myself...here's what a nit is....Chris's Billiards has two guys that are regulars there - one of them has probably about $500,000 in the bank, the other guy has probably about $1,000,000 - their regular bet (usually with each other) is $10 a game - and it's hard to get them down, lol....they play halfway decent - about 10-7 under me....about 8 months ago I got Mr. $1,000,000 to play me for $30 a game - but he would only do that if I gave him 11-7, although 10-7 is an even game (he wouldn't want to lose any of that $1,000,000 after all)....I gave it to him just to make him play....Well, he came out 3 games up....in the 8 months since, when I've asked him to play - he's refused to play me with the same 11- 7 that he won with! - says he doesn't remember that it was 11-7....nice action, huh - not too nitty, right.....that's why about a year ago Freddy posted that Chris's was all nits and knockers now, and he never goes there anymore...

I guess that about says it all.

A very commendable response Bruce,...lets hope this clears the air !!.:) :) :)

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:

....but you instead keep calling me a nit in every post - that's not a friendly needle - that's an insult and attacking someone's pool room character - and I don't appreciate it, because it's a lie...I bet as much as I can afford...
Don't call me a nit, because I happen to hate nits myself....

Needling you to bet more $$ is not calling you a nit. That is an insult I would not use. This is all pooroom BS that shouldn't be taken so seriously by either one of us.

We have hijacked this thread long enough. Let it die.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Rod.

I beg your pardon...Bubbles told me,...mine does NOT stink...:( :D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
vapros said:
Ghosty, I have always liked and respected you and your opinions - I really have. But you should not have done this. There has to be some rules, even if they're not posted on the wall. I feel certain that in the morning you will wish you had not made this post. :eek:

No, v......I don't regret it....I remember my Granddad used to say, "Sometimes you need to get things off your chest".

- Ghosty

PS, I've always liked you too (in a manly way, of course)....:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
jrhendy said:
Don't know where you are at, but if we ever run into each other, I'll play.

I am in Northern CA, but have spent the last couple of years going to as many tournaments as I can around the country at places I have not visited before.

Where are you located and where do you play?

I dont get to the West Coast much. I live outside of Detroit. If I get a trip out to your area I'll let you know. The closest I get to Ca. is Phoenix.

I'll be there the last week of March mountain biking but will take a couple of days off to play pool. I'm planning to play the 1p tourny at Kolby's the last Saturday.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What the hell's goin on?

What the hell's goin on?

I had a nice ego post about all the egg's I whupped on and all of a sudden it's a flame war! Sensitivities abound. I think we have deteriorated to the point where J Henderson wont even woof at me anymore. I can't take that. Now that does offend me. Please dont be nice to me JH. I bar no human in the woof dept. As I barked back at Dennis, I can be insulted into playing. That does include 1 pkt. Just hit the right buttons and I will sail.

Beard
Don't nobody feel sorry for me yet, I still have plenty evil left in my old body.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I had a nice ego post about all the egg's I whupped on and all of a sudden it's a flame war! Sensitivities abound. I think we have deteriorated to the point where J Henderson wont even woof at me anymore. I can't take that. Now that does offend me. Please dont be nice to me JH. I bar no human in the woof dept. As I barked back at Dennis, I can be insulted into playing. That does include 1 pkt. Just hit the right buttons and I will sail.

Beard
Don't nobody feel sorry for me yet, I still have plenty evil left in my old body.

WB,

Anybody can bark...Biting, (with no f-ing teeth) is a whole nuther story !...Heh,heh.:rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jtompilot said:
I dont get to the West Coast much. I live outside of Detroit. If I get a trip out to your area I'll let you know. The closest I get to Ca. is Phoenix.

I'll be there the last week of March mountain biking but will take a couple of days off to play pool. I'm planning to play the 1p tourny at Kolby's the last Saturday.

hmmmmmmmmm !!!.... JTom...Jimmy Medoza (co-promoter of the Desert Classic Tour).. is a Mountain biking fanatic...Give him a PM...His handle at AZ Billiards is...Jimmy M

PS..If things go right, I may be at Preacher Ronn's 1P tournament, on the 27th of this month...If you're coming from Detroit, maybe you could bring the 37 bottles of booze Cowboy Dennis will owe me by then ?.:D

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I have played about 60 of the names on your list and beat less than 10.

Now you are thinking of playing one pocket? You are too proud to ask for weight from a 70 year old aren't you?

Get in one pocket stroke, I would love to come to Chicago when the weather is better.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
androd said:
Opinions are like a$$holes, everybodys got one, most of 'em stink.
Rod.

SJDinPHX said:
I beg your pardon...Bubbles told me,...mine does NOT stink...:( :D

SJDinPHX said:
Nobody ever got out of line with me either...when they were spanking my brains out. Heh,heh.. (JK Rod)
__________________SJDinPHX <-- Will work for Yukon Jack-->

touche' :D (JK Duck) Heh,Heh..
Rod.

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
SJDinPHX said:
hmmmmmmmmm !!!.... JTom...Jimmy Medoza (co-promoter of the Desert Classic Tour).. is a Mountain biking fanatic...Give him a PM...His handle at AZ Billiards is...Jimmy M

PS..If things go right, I may be at Preacher Ronn's 1P tournament, on the 27th of this month...If you're coming from Detroit, maybe you could bring the 37 bottles of booze Cowboy Dennis will owe me by then ?.:D

I havent seen Dennis in years, but if booze is involved and Dennis supplies it, I'll make a special trip to see him:)