Detroit One Pocket Tournament

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
One Pocket Ghost said:
We don't fly free, like you....:rolleyes:

A ghost that doesn't fly????

Hmmm, you really must not move like one then. You got everybody hoodwinked.

FREDDIEEEEEEE!!!!! What kind a guys you got in Chicago?

P.S. to the Ghost: Those "FREE" plane trips usually cost him at the table, Jim don't duck anyone, all you got to do is make a game and play him. He's a great customer.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stevelomako said:
A ghost that doesn't fly????

Hmmm, you really must not move like one then. You got everybody Hoodwinked.

FREDDIEEEEEEE!!!!! What kind a guys you got in Chicago?

P.S. to the Ghost: Those "FREE" plane trips usually cost him at the table, Jim don't duck anyone, all you got to do is make a game and play him. He's a great customer.

Hey Steve.......If Dennis puts me up at his house...and you give me 5 on 25 playing some $200 a game 3cushion - then I'll come...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost doesn't dog his clocking - I've got your name in my notebook, listed in the 3cushion section...I saw you running those 3's and 4's at the DCC 3c-Billiard Tournament 3 years ago....;)

PPS, And I'll bring Freddy with me, to play both you and Dennis some banks....:)

PPPS, You can't fool the Ghost, but you did fool my girlfriend at the DCC...driving home in the car, she was talking about all of the people that she met during the week, and at one point she said, "and that Steve Lomako is so nice, and he has such a nice smile".....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Steve.......If Dennis puts me up at his houseHe lives too far from Oak Park...and you give me 5 on 25 playing some $200 a game 3cushionThere's actually room to negotiate there - then I'll come...:eek:...:D

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost doesn't dog his clocking - I've got your name in my notebook, listed in the 3cushion section...I saw you running those 3's and 4's at the DCC 3c-Billiard Tournament 3 years ago....;)I played OK the first year they had it and stepped on my thing the second time and it hurt and hurt bad.

PPS, And I'll bring Freddy with me, to play both you and Dennis some banks....:)I'm not speaking for both of us.....but we would.

PPPS, You can't fool the Ghost, but you did fool my girlfriend at the DCC...driving home in the car, she was talking about all of the people that she met during the week, and at one point she said, "and that Steve Lomako is so nice, and he has such a nice smile"I fooled my wife too. I really am nice though. I'm nice to children, women and my elders. If anyone hurts any of those people or my friends...then I'm not a nice person......:rolleyes:

Everything is really funny what you wrote but your comments are a complete knock of any action I could get.

I'm not looking for any so it doesn't mean much.

The ones that know me know I can play but I don't play at all...and haven't for a long time but I do get up once in awhile and that's what they get scared of, who wants to get their nuts shot off by someone who never plays?? It aint no good for their ego.

HEY!!! Have you checked out that "Road Scholars" DVD that Freddy has yet? It's awesome.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stevelomako said:
I'm nice to children, women and my elders.

and animals, I think you forgot to say...:)

stevelomako said:
Everything is really funny what you wrote but your
comments are a complete knock of any action I could get.

Nah, no knock at all....because all pool players know that pool players lie and exaggerate and play position on other guys to get the best of it - like I was doing in my post about you...the real truth was...it was only 1's and maybe, some 2's that I saw you making....:)

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jtompilot said:
Ronnie Wiseman promoting 1p tourny at Oak Park Que Feb 20 & 21. $1500 added race to 3. $60 entry.

Hey jtp......Give us the scoop on this tournament...did you play? - how many entry's? - who came in 1st - 6th?

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
and animals, I think you forgot to say...:)

Nah, no knock at all....because all pool players know that pool players lie and exaggerate and play position on other guys to get the best of it - like I was doing in my post about you...the real truth was...it was only 1's and maybe, some 2's that I saw you making....:)

- Ghost

Ghosty,

I had not seen this back & forth with you and Steve until just now. I'll tell you a couple of things if you don't mind. All poolplayers don't lie. I don't play position on anyone and never have. I work for a living and play pool for fun. I almost never played people I didn't know which means I almost always played people that I did know. That means matching up accordingly since we both knew each others speed. How ya gonna lie about that? I walk away from liars and people who treat me like a mark, I don't have time to waste on those a-holes.

As far as Steve playing, he rarely ever did. Running a room does not give you much time to relax and play pool. I've gone months without seeing him play at the R.A.C.(when it was open). I have not seen him or his room for 5 or 6 years now but I can't believe that he plays any more than he ever did.

Lastly, I guaranf@@ckingtee you that you and Freddy don't want none of me and Steve, playing banks or anything else, no disrespect to Freddy intended here.

Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

I had not seen this back & forth with you and Steve until just now. I'll tell you a couple of things if you don't mind. All poolplayers don't lie. I don't play position on anyone and never have. I work for a living and play pool for fun. I almost never played people I didn't know which means I almost always played people that I did know. That means matching up accordingly since we both knew each others speed. How ya gonna lie about that? I walk away from liars and people who treat me like a mark, I don't have time to waste on those a-holes.

As far as Steve playing, he rarely ever did. Running a room does not give you much time to relax and play pool. I've gone months without seeing him play at the R.A.C.(when it was open). I have not seen him or his room for 5 or 6 years now but I can't believe that he plays any more than he ever did.

Lastly, I guaranf@@ckingtee you that you and Freddy don't want none of me and Steve, playing banks or anything else, no disrespect to Freddy intended here.

Dennis

I gotta say, I am just about speechless...What the f#%K is going on here with all of the hard-a$$ attitude, and the recent misinterpretations of posts...:confused:...

I can't believe how serious you take this stuff....Lying?...I'm talking about friendly-fake-lying...it's been going on forever in the poolroom....like for instance, I'll walk into Chris's Billiards and see a guy that I've been playing on and off for years, but that I haven't seen for a couple of months and we're negotiating about playing, and he'll say - "I haven't hit a ball in 4 weeks", then I'll say - well, I haven't hit a ball for 6 weeks - and he'll say - "I've been only playing on a bar table, I can't make a ball on the big table now" - and then I'll say "Yeah but I've been just playing only 3cushion lately, and I'm out of stroke on the pool table".....then we both laugh, as we've been doing all through this friendly-fake-lying, and we get a table and start playing...if to you, this is some kind of terrible lying, then, all I can say is, we think very differently...

And the whole back and forth with Steve Lomako, FROM MY END (I can only speak for myself), was meant TOTALLY in a joking, joshing, friendly way....if you guys can't see that, then maybe I really should check out of this forum...(the other day, with Steve, I was only kidding).

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
I gotta say, I am just about speechless...What the f#%K is going on here with all of the hard-a$$ attitude, and the recent misinterpretations of posts...:confused:...

I can't believe how serious you take this stuff....Lying?...I'm talking about friendly-fake-lying...it's been going on forever in the poolroom....like for instance, I'll walk into Chris's Billiards and see a guy that I've been playing on and off for years, but that I haven't seen for a couple of months and we're negotiating about playing, and he'll say - "I haven't hit a ball in 4 weeks", then I'll say - well, I haven't hit a ball for 6 weeks - and he'll say - "I've been only playing on a bar table, I can't make a ball on the big table now" - and then I'll say "Yeah but I've been just playing only 3cushion lately, and I'm out of stroke on the pool table".....then we both laugh, as we've been doing all through this friendly-fake-lying, and we get a table and start playing...if to you, this is some kind of terrible lying, then, all I can say is, we think very differently...

And the whole back and forth with Steve Lomako, FROM MY END (I can only speak for myself), was meant TOTALLY in a joking, joshing, friendly way....if you guys can't see that, then maybe I really should check out of this forum...(the other day, with Steve, I was only kidding).

That's cool Ghosty if it was all in fun. I just meant to say that I don't "friendly-fake-lie" either, I just don't have time for that crap. If I'm trying to match up with a guy who tells me that he hasn't played in four weeks I'll tell him to wait until he's in dead stroke before we match up, I wouldn't want to take advantage of his layoff, then I walk away.

Also, there is no "you guys" concerning Steve and me. I have not seen him or his room in probably 6 years and I've talked to him on the phone one time in those years. You brought up bringing Freddy to play us, I just said you ain't got a chance.

I guess that I came to the party late and did not realize that you and Steve were joking around.

I'm not a big talker in the poolroom Ghosty, I ain't got time for that. I go there to play, I'm ready to play, but I do not ever care if I do play.

No hard feelings O.K.? Don't be leaving us, the Duck would not know what to do without you:)

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
That's cool Ghosty if it was all in fun. I just meant to say that I don't "friendly-fake-lie" either, I just don't have time for that crap. If I'm trying to match up with a guy who tells me that he hasn't played in four weeks I'll tell him to wait until he's in dead stroke before we match up, I wouldn't want to take advantage of his layoff, then I walk away.

Also, there is no "you guys" concerning Steve and me. I have not seen him or his room in probably 6 years and I've talked to him on the phone one time in those years. You brought up bringing Freddy to play us, I just said you ain't got a chance.

I guess that I came to the party late and did not realize that you and Steve were joking around.

I'm not a big talker in the poolroom Ghosty, I ain't got time for that. I go there to play, I'm ready to play, but I do not ever care if I do play.

No hard feelings O.K.? Don't be leaving us, the Duck would not know what to do without you:)

Dennis

RBL,

Even though I haven't played in 15 years, (and even then, nothing but bank pool, and 3C billiards)... I am catching the next available flight out of here, via Chicago...where I will gather up the Ghost, and continue on to Detroit.

Pick us up at the airport, and we will go immediatley to the pool room...whereupon the Ghost and I, will give you and Lomako 8 to 5, and the breaks playing partner's 1P...for some very serious $$$$ sets.

We will make you wish you had stuck with Quad...:cool:

SBL

PS..The Beardmonster is our stakehorse, so we are "high-rollproof" (right Fred ?) ;)

PPS..Sand Hound hates to butt into other people's squabbles...Heh,heh..:D

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
I just meant to say that I don't "friendly-fake-lie"

Yeah but that give and take was between me and Steve...why then did you respond back tush-hog style at me, when none of it was said to you...

Cowboy Dennis said:
I did not realize that you and Steve were joking around.

Dennis

I only put like 6 different kinds of smiley faces in my posts - to f#$%ing show that I'm joking around.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Steve.......If Dennis puts me up at his house...
- Ghost

PPS, And I'll bring Freddy with me, to play both you and Dennis some banks....:)

This is why I felt free to respond to your post Luke. You brought me up twice which is alright, as long as I can respond to it in kind. It's not a big deal to me as long as I can shoot back.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
SJDinPHX said:
RBL,

Even though I haven't played in 15 years, (and even then, nothing but bank pool, and 3C billiards)... I am catching the next available flight out of here, via Chicago...where I will gather up the Ghost, and continue on to Detroit.

Pick us up at the airport, and we will go immediatley to the pool room...whereupon the Ghost and I, will give you and Lomako 8 to 5, and the breaks playing partner's 1P...for some very serious $$$$ sets.

We will make you wish you had stuck with Quad...:cool:

SBL

PS..The Beardmonster is our stakehorse, so we are "high-rollproof" (right Fred ?) ;)

PPS..Sand Hound hates to butt into other people's squabbles...Heh,heh..:D

LOL, I will bet the pool room on this one.

If I can play between you two I will put up my house also.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stevelomako said:
LOL, I will bet the pool room on this one.

If I can play between you two I will put up my house also.

Hey, don't be cutting me out of this action Steve. I'll put up my snowblower ($3500) and an old truck (78 F-250), and if necessary a 74 V.W. Superbeetle. I think we can win:rolleyes: .

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Results:

1st- "Black Sam" Campbell
2nd- Ronnie Wiseman
3rd- Lee Holt
4th- Evan Lunda
5th- Luke Jacko
6th- Bill McCullom

Sam and Lee on the winners side, Ronnie beat Lee to make the finals and asked Sam if he wanted to play one race to 6 or two races to 4 (the tourny was to 4 on both sides). Sam picked race to 4.

Ronnie won the 1st set 4-0 and lost the 2nd 4-3.

There were 22 players.

Friday nite mini had 26 for a race to 2 single elimination. Ronnie won and Sam 2nd.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Cowboy Dennis said:
Hey, don't be cutting me out of this action Steve. I'll put up my snowblower ($3500) and an old truck (78 F-250), and if necessary a 74 V.W. Superbeetle. I think we can win:rolleyes: .

I'm keeping my snow blower (been using it too much:cool: ).

If I didn't try to get it all what would Corn think of me up there?

P.S.
I'll have Enzo get me a stick if I want one so don't worry about it.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
This is why I felt free to respond to your post Luke. You brought me up twice which is alright, as long as I can respond to it in kind. It's not a big deal to me as long as I can shoot back.

Yeah, but you didn't respond at all, in kind...

The staying at your house line, was a joke that I thought I was making re. a friend...

And you really think your hard-a$$ posting >>>

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

Lastly, I guaranf@@ckingtee you that you and Freddy don't want none of me and Steve, playing banks or anything else

Dennis

...is an equivalent reply in tone - to my posting with a smiley face at the end, that I would bring up 69 yr. old Freddy The Beard to play you guys some banks? >>>

One Pocket Ghost said:
PPS, And I'll bring Freddy with me, to play both you and Dennis some
banks....:)

not hardly.