Detroit One Pocket Tournament

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Never lost it Dennis....:)...

Can't pass up the fun of joking around on here...:)....but I probably shouldn't join in on any shot choice threads anymore - after surprisingly finding out that my liking my own shot choice the best and strongly saying so, can make a person very angry and hate on me...:eek:...I just never realized that I was supposed to be all nicey-nicey/politically correct in shot-choice discussions and say things like:

"Well, I kinda like my shot choice, but I think everybody else's shot choices are great too, and mine is certainly no better than anyone else's"

:rolleyes:...Ghost.....:cool:

I've always enjoyed the opinionated exchange regarding shot choices and never thought that someone liking their own shot best was a bad thing.

Dudley

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
When you get down to shoot, you sure don't want to be second guessing your shot choice during your warm-up strokes. If you do, you would be well advised to get up before you pull the trigger and give it another think. Hope there's no time clock, lol...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Never lost it Dennis....:)...

Can't pass up the fun of joking around on here...:)....but I probably shouldn't join in on any shot choice threads anymore - after surprisingly finding out that my liking my own shot choice the best and strongly saying so, can make a person very angry and hate on me...:eek:...I just never realized that I was supposed to be all nicey-nicey/politically correct in shot-choice discussions and say things like:

"Well gee, I kinda like my shot choice, but I think everybody else's shot choices are great too, and mine is certainly no better than anyone else's"

:rolleyes:...Ghost.....:cool:

Screw all of that crap Ghosty. If I post a shot on here and someone doesn't like it, I look at their shot. If I don't like it I'll say so and why. The shots I post I've "battle tested" for serious(or semi-serious) cash against good players in tough games. I know what I like but I'm willing to learn from ANYBODY who has a different idea on a shot.

The bottom line with me is always "if you don't like my shot then just come on to Detroit and bet something and show me your shot".

We have some players on this site that have gambled more, bet more, played better players more often, played longer, and play(ed) better than me, but I know what I'll shoot in a given situation. I'm also open to learning something new from anybody, I always look at every layout posted on this site.

It's a helluva thing to post a shot here and say what (you think) you'll do, it's quite another to post a shot here and know that you've shot it 1000 times for serious cash, in tough games against good players.

When you're at the table choosing a shot for your cash, nobody else matters. You earned it, and the right to lose it or win more the way that you see fit.

Back in the early 80's I was playing Cornbread 5 or no-count and I went to 7 on a tight table. A very good friend of mine remarked, after watching us play a session, that he thought that I was playing the game wrong. This, in spite of the fact that he was witness to Red and I playing our 24 hour marathon several years previous. I told him that he should play Red and that I would go in 50-50 with him on the bet. He declined my offer of a bet split but he played Red and lost on his own cash. He later told me that he now knew that I played the game correctly and that he did not know how to play it.

It never mattered to me either way as long as he was betting his own, but when my game is critiqued by somebody who has not done what I've done I just tell them to get up and show me the right way to do it. Of course that's getting tougher to do now.

Cowboy "show me, I'm from Missouri" Dennis