Detroit One Pocket Tournament

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
I will only be there a few days and gone a week or so overall (unless I REALLY get stuck), but I will try and give you enough notice.

I may even hit Detroit first. Probably better action there for me than Chicago, and Steve says there is a golf game there.

Probably better if I go to the track in Arlington right before I go home.

When does the weather clear up a little there? I aint driving sround in the snow. John

John,

It's usually nice there, from June 15th, thru June 22nd...Any other time, you will be devoured by mosquito's (747 size)...or face rain or Snow...:eek:

PS..Beware...In Chicago, the mosquitos WILL effect a good running horse (trip him)...or, can easily divert a pool ball, into the wrong pocket.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thank you, CaliRed

Thank you, CaliRed

CaliRed said:
it seems you have a real problem with Freddy, to sign up years ago and post only 1 time in the last 5 years, then on your 2nd post, your knocking him.

Behavior like that, makes a curious guy, well...... curious as to why that would be.

Do you care to elaborate, so us railbirds can put it all in perspective?

Is this OldSchool?:D :eek:

I guess that point was missed by our normally objective cadre of forum members.

Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Anyone that can come on here and stir it up like that with just a few posts deserves some respect.

We all want to see blood as long as it ain't our own.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Something VERY Wrong with these Statements!!!!!!!!!

Something VERY Wrong with these Statements!!!!!!!!!

karelin said:
I DID give you 9-8. You pulled up after 2 games. You were the customer, not I.

Why would I want to play you anymore? You pulled up after 2 games getting the spot that you asked for. Pretty nitty.

There's something really fishy about this STORY, #1, I knew John the Greek for 40 yrs, never in his history of backing someone did he ever LOSE MORE THAN 3 BARRELS, [/B]#2, I've known Freddy for 45 yrs, never known him to QUIT WITH A BACKER, so if this story is remotely true, it's one in a million!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Declare yourself, unveil the mask, this might clear things up.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I wouldn't want anybody interferring in my business. It's between you and him Freddy and we should all know that.

Dennis

beatle

Verified Member
karelin, some people like to twist their wrist to make a bank that doesnt go or do things to the cue stick to influence the shot, do you have any that you particularly like. and do you believe that it would have any influence on the shot.

i ask this as it appears you might be the best banker on this forum.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'm a big boy

I'm a big boy

Cowboy Dennis said:
I wouldn't want anybody interferring in my business. It's between you and him Freddy and we should all know that.

Dennis

I can take care of myself, Dennis. I've been woofed at by champions. I just dont abide anonymous knockers taking unprovoked, unfair, unsubstantiated pokes at me or anybody on this forum. I really bridle when somebody goes after my "list." I lost a lot of blood accumulating that list and I'm real touchy about it. I'm still waiting for one of the listee's or one of his relatives to dispute it.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I can take care of myself, Dennis. I've been woofed at by champions. I just dont abide anonymous knockers taking unprovoked, unfair, unsubstantiated pokes at me or anybody on this forum. I really bridle when somebody goes after my "list." I lost a lot of blood accumulating that list and I'm real touchy about it. I'm still waiting for one of the listee's or one of his relatives to dispute it.

Beard

Freddy,

I'm on REALLY on your side on this one...Very few people have even "met" as many top player's as you have "documented"...on your blood-stained "beat list"...very impressive for sure !!!
I can honestly say, I've never even met half of them. Of course, many of them had their entire careers, during my 20 yr. hiatus. (or "lunch pail" years, as you like to call them)

Oh, just one thing Fred...could you maybe find it in your heart to provide a few details of the alledged "beats", and their possible aftermaths...For example;

Efren Reyes...WON $40 (when he first arrived)....Lost $3500 (after he learned to speak english)

Shannon Daulton...WON $60 (when he was 12)...Lost $6000 (when he was 14)

Ronnie Allen...WON $1200 (he dumped his backer) ... Lost $14,800 (on the square...when he was drunk)

Grady Matthews WON $400 (playing dead, stinking even)...Lost $400 back (when my knee went out)

Sand Hound <---just could not let it slide...the devil made him do it..:p

PS..You should never have accused me of collusion with Karelin...that was below the belt !!!.:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Fell into my trap

Fell into my trap

SJDinPHX said:
Freddy,

I'm on REALLY on your side on this one...Very few people have even "met" as many top player's as you have "documented"...on your blood-stained "beat list"...very impressive for sure !!!
I can honestly say, I've never even met half of them. Of course, many of them had their entire careers, during my 20 yr. hiatus. (or "lunch pail" years, as you like to call them)

Oh, just one thing Fred...could you maybe find it in your heart to provide a few details of the alledged "beats", and their possible aftermaths...For example;

Efren Reyes...WON $40 (when he first arrived)....Lost $3500 (after he learned to speak english)

Shannon Daulton...WON $60 (when he was 12)...Lost $6000 (when he was 14)

Ronnie Allen...WON $1200 (he dumped his backer) ... Lost $14,800 (on the square...when he was drunk)

Grady Matthews WON $400 (getting 8/5 and the break).............oh well, you get the drift, huh ???..:D

Sand Hound <---just could not let it slide...the devil made him do it..:p

PS..You should never have accused me of collusion with Karelin...that was below the belt !!!.:cool:

I finally got you to fall into my trap. Firstly, you are ignoring my initial proviso and that is, Beat "em a session at least once, EVEN. Spots dont count. The only weakness in my claim is that the majority of the wins were playing bank pool. I did not beat Ronnie playing even 1pkt. I did give him 9 to 7 at Big Mamas playing bank pool for $1500. Bugs, I once came 15 games ahead playing even 1pkt for $30 a game. (He was betting his own for the only recorded time) Grady, I once beat out of about $800 playing even 1 pkt. playing not too high, when he was "Grady." Secondly, I do have a pretty good file on all those players and the circumstances of my win, just in case there are some naysayers. I dont remember the circumstances of all, but I do remember most. Anybody want to try and call out a few and I will try and provide the pertinent facts.

the Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Who really cares...but us ?...Heh,heh !

Who really cares...but us ?...Heh,heh !

fred bentivegna said:
I finally got you to fall into my trap. Firstly, you are ignoring my initial proviso and that is, Beat "em a session at least once, EVEN. Spots dont count. The only weakness in my claim is that the majority of the wins were playing bank pool. I did not beat Ronnie playing even 1pkt. I did give him 9 to 7 at Big Mamas playing bank pool for $1500. Bugs, I once came 15 games ahead playing even 1pkt for $30 a game. (He was betting his own for the only recorded time) Grady, I once beat out of about $800 playing even 1 pkt. playing not too high, when he was "Grady." Secondly, I do have a pretty good file on all those players and the circumstances of my win, just in case there are some naysayers. I dont remember the circumstances of all, but I do remember most. Anybody want to try and call out a few and I will try and provide the pertinent facts.

the Beard

Beardmonster.

You REALLY missed your calling...You should have been a politician, the way you tip-toe around a direct question, makes Bill Clinton look like a rank amatuer.

I only gave some "tongue in cheek" examples about your conquests...All I was asking for is "the rest of the story"...regarding your formidable "beat list"

Let me try another approach, from my OWN skeleton's closet.

I busted Johnny Vivis (out of about $120)...when he came out to S.J., after winning Jansco's first 1P tournament.('61)... That was before I could even spell one pocket...Not that, that would have changed the eventual outcome.

He had snuck up on me, (didn't know him)... and tried to win a few bucks on his own short money.

He returned a few days later, with a high $$$ backer, and proceeded to put me, and my faithful follower's...in temporary bankruptcy.
Consequently, I have never "bragged" about "beating" Mr. Vivis. This (I feel) has not stopped you from compiling a list, of people you had/have, beaten..."at least once"

Does your "holier than thou", bragdocious, slate headed brain, compute what I am trying to say to you...I still wuv you Fred...but puhleeeeze, lighten up just a tad on the "beat list"...I am soooo jealous...:D :D :D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You do qualify for "one."

You do qualify for "one."

SJDinPHX said:
Beardmonster.

You REALLY missed your calling...You should have been a politician, the way you tip-toe around a direct question, makes Bill Clinton look like a rank amatuer.

I only gave some "tongue in cheek" examples about your conquests...All I was asking for is "the rest of the story"...regarding your formidable "beat list"

Let me try another approach, from my OWN skeleton's closet.

I busted Johnny Vivis (out of about $120)...when he came out to S.J., after winning Jansco's first 1P tournament.('61)... That was before I could even spell one pocket...Not that, that would have changed the eventual outcome.

He had snuck up on me, (didn't know him)... and tried to win a few bucks on his own short money.

He returned a few days later, with a high $$$ backer, and proceeded to put me, and my faithful follower's...in temporary bankruptcy.
Consequently, I have never "bragged" about "beating" Mr. Vivis. This (I feel) has not stopped you from compiling a list, of people you had/have, beaten..."at least once"

Does your "holier than thou", bragdocious, slate headed brain, compute what I am trying to say to you...I still wuv you Fred...but puhleeeeze, lighten up just a tad on the "beat list"...I am soooo jealous...:D :D :D

Your Vevis beat does qualify you at least for a "oner." Surely your list is longer than that. But keep this in mind, even if I only have 250 of your "Vevis" oners, even that would be pretty impressive. I'm hoping someone would ask for details as I would love to give them. Reviving those memories would be invigorating.

Beard

Please, please, ask for details. Shannon? Parica? I just remembered another night down at Bensingers when I gave Grady a good strumming. ( The fact that he took me out of there when it closed, and got even is a minor detail)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Your Vevis beat does qualify you at least for a "oner." Surely your list is longer than that. But keep this in mind, even if I only have 250 of your "Vevis" oners, even that would be pretty impressive. I'm hoping someone would ask for details as I would love to give them. Reviving those memories would be invigorating.

Beard

Please, please, ask for details. Shannon? Parica? I just remembered another night down at Bensingers when I gave Grady a good strumming. ( The fact that he took me out of there when it closed, and got even is a minor detail)

You just don't get it, do you Fred ?????????????????????.....................? :cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Concession

Concession

SJDinPHX said:
You just don't get it, do you Fred ?????????????????????.....................? :cool:

No, you dont get it. I'm waiting for a concession and then we can move on. I'm not going to leave you with the last word, no matter how you trickily you couch it. That's what I used to tell the girls I was going to break up with, "You're wonderful... but..." and then I would dump them. You make a minimum concession in order to authenticate your response, and then you insert an active virus with a smiley face. That is what they call rhetoric. I am alive and not in jail today because I am near un-con able, and immune to rhetoric.

Your first observation was actually funny and acceptable. "Efren Reyes...WON $40 (when he first arrived)....Lost $3500 (after he learned to speak english)" The Shannon and Ronnie observations were also clever and acceptable satire.
Then you cant quit ahead, and you morph into planting the virus mode, with the last words:
"Grady Matthews WON $400 (getting 8/5 and the break).............oh well, you get the drift, huh ???.. "
That wasnt funny, and that wasnt fair. You intimated, and people that havent been following this that closely, could be led to believe that my list is based on getting big spots. You knew that I declared, EVEN ONLY, but you put that in anyway. That makes me out to be a bullshitter or a liar. We have been thru this already. I will never let that go. My word is a very personal thing with me. But you know that too. That was the point of all the other beefs we had on the forum. There's plenty of things to tease me about, I'm old, fat, cant play no more, made many bad games and went off like a rocket many times. That is all fair game to me.
When that other jerk landed on me for quitting after 2 games getting 9 to 8, I never denied it, even tho I dont even remember it. Where he really heated me up is when he disparaged my "list." And that is where this has all led from.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
How was I to know ?????

How was I to know ?????

Freddy,

You have beaten me into submission...How could I (or anyone) have possibly known that you took your "list" THAT serious.

The list itself is so overwhelming, I guess I just missed the "no spot" part...Thank you for pointing out that unforgivable sin.

I have changed the horrendous mis-quote (Grady) in my original post. I shall never question your integrity again...Please forgive me.

Sand Hound <---Note;...No Smiley Faces !!! (which seem to REALLY irritate you)

PS... In hindsight Fred...Would it not have been easier to have just listed the people you DIDN'T beat ? ...Fat's got by quite well by just saying...."I beat every livin' human on da planet" !!!... He saved all the itemizing, huh ?

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If you two guys don't stop this nonsense I will post my own "beat" list consisting of the 637 players that beat me and the players that I beat. The losers may not like it but I'll tell the full stories of how I beat them both into utter submission and stole their cash, their girlfriends and their dignity.

Just dare me to compile a list, dare me I say:D .

Cowboy "ain't never beat nobody(but 2 guys)" Dennis

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
If you two guys don't stop this nonsense I will post my own "beat" list consisting of the 637 players that beat me and the players that I beat. The losers may not like it but I'll tell the full stories of how I beat them both into utter submission and stole their cash, their girlfriends and their dignity.

Just dare me to compile a list, dare me I say:D .

Cowboy "ain't never beat nobody(but 2 guys)" Dennis

Just don't 'out' me, Dennis....

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Feel much better now

Feel much better now

SJDinPHX said:
Freddy,

You have beaten me into submission...How could I (or anyone) have possibly known that you took your "list" THAT serious.

The list itself is so overwhelming, I guess I just missed the "no spot" part...Thank you for pointing out that unforgivable sin.

I have changed the horrendous mis-quote (Grady) in my original post. I shall never question your integrity again...Please forgive me.

Sand Hound <---Note;...No Smiley Faces !!! (which seem to REALLY irritate you)

PS... In hindsight Fred...Would it not have been easier to have just listed the people you DIDN'T beat ? ...Fat's got by quite well by just saying...."I beat every livin' human on da planet" !!!... He saved all the itemizing, huh ?

Feeling much better and totally cooled out. The origin of the list came from one of Grady's exhibitions. In his flyer he would list world champions that he vanquished. I just took it a step farther and used it as a gimmick to promote my new, at that time, website. Grady getting even had nothing to do with my knee. My knee was fine at that time. It had all to do with getting off of table 24, slow with very tight pockets, and going to a fast, big pocket table where his firepower could come into play.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Feeling much better and totally cooled out. The origin of the list came from one of Grady's exhibitions. In his flyer he would list world champions that he vanquished. I just took it a step farther and used it as a gimmick to promote my new, at that time, website. Grady getting even had nothing to do with my knee. My knee was fine at that time. It had all to do with getting off of table 24, slow with very tight pockets, and going to a fast, big pocket table where his firepower could come into play.

Beard

Freddy,

Thank you for clarifying that burning [sic] issue. I am sure I can speak for Grady, in thanking you for clearing up something that NOBODY,.... I mean NOBODY,... gave a s**t about anyway...:D :D :D

Wuv,

Sand Hound

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
I remember the thread where the Beard's list was built. Like Freddy said, it was a contest that you could try to name at least five guys that the Beard had not played (and beat?). If you did so, you got a 'Banking with the Beard' T-shirt. I added a couple that he had played and didn't have on his list. James Christopher and "Dallas" Joey Torma. SJD, since I think you spent some time in Dallas, did you ever know Torma?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
oldspurguy said:
I remember the thread where the Beard's list was built. Like Freddy said, it was a contest that you could try to name at least five guys that the Beard had not played (and beat?). If you did so, you got a 'Banking with the Beard' T-shirt. I added a couple that he had played and didn't have on his list. James Christopher and "Dallas" Joey Torma. SJD, since I think you spent some time in Dallas, did you ever know Torma?

I believe Joey recently passed away. Was out of jail and spending the night in his extremely ill wifes nursing home in Florida.
Rod.
PS, I'll bet he didn't win more than 2 games from James.:D