Detroit One Pocket Tournament

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
The staying at your house line, was a joke that I thought I was making re. a friend...

And you really think your hard-a$$ posting >>>

...is an equivalent reply in tone - to my posting with a smiley face at the end, that I would bring up 69 yr. old Freddy The Beard to play you guys some banks? >>>

not hardly.

I suppose that you are right Ghosty, I think I've been on edge lately. I do get my dander up whenever I perceive a "callout". Sorry for the mis-interpretation.

Dennis

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Hey.....lets all just be nice and play for money.

Nothing wrong with friends playing for dough.

Personally, I like long ahead sets.

Or short races, like..................races to one.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
I suppose that you are right Ghosty, I think I've been on edge lately. I do get my dander up whenever I perceive a "callout". Sorry for the mis-interpretation.

Dennis

But you did "callout" at me....and trust me, I've had to bite my tongue, big time, not to answer back to your, "call out", in kind....but I stopped myself, so as not to further escalate things.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
But you did "callout" at me....and trust me, I've had to bite my tongue, big time, not to answer back to your, "call out", in kind....but I stopped myself, so as not to further escalate things.

Do feel free to escalate Ghosty, that's what pool is all about. Do not feel a need to "bite your tongue" when addressing me, I can take it. Please call me out if you want to, it won't bother me one bit I assure you.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Do feel free to escalate Ghosty, that's what pool is all about. Do not feel a need to "bite your tongue" when addressing me, I can take it. Please call me out if you want to, it won't bother me one bit I assure you.

We're not in the same poolroom, so there's no point.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
"What about me, Michael? I'm your brother"

"What about me, Michael? I'm your brother"

I havent played for over $10 a game in six months, but under duress I could be bullied into playing Steve or Dennis full-rack. I didnt initiate the challenge, but even at my advanced age. I am not immune to the woofing heat. My ego still far exceeds my skills. Just ask the Sand Hound.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
I havent played for over $10 a game in six months, but under duress I could be bullied into playing Steve or Dennis full-rack. I didnt initiate the challenge, but even at my advanced age. I am not immune to the woofing heat. My ego still far exceeds my skills. Just ask the Sand Hound.

Beard

Freddy,

I never bet higher than $9 a game so I guess you're out of luck:D . I think some of us drank a little too much last night, or maybe didn't drink enough(my case). Things were misconstrued and misinterpreted. Nobody was woofing you. It was teasing that got out of hand.

If you ever do visit this way we'll be sure to play some full-rack banks. I haven't done that in years and would enjoy it very much. I promise to bet higher than a sawbuck too, maybe $11 per game:eek: .

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Your ego exceeds ALL the skill, ANYBODY ever had...EVER !!!:rolleyes:

SJDinPHX said:
Your ego exceeds ALL the skill, ANYBODY ever had...EVER !!!:rolleyes:

Dick, be careful about the differentiation between ego and bragging. There is a difference. One involves genuine self confidence that results from successes, and the other is just a facade.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Clare said:
Dick, be careful about the differentiation between ego and bragging. There is a difference. One involves genuine self confidence that results from successes, and the other is just a facade.

Clare,...What a team..;)

I'll stab !! You twist...heh,heh..:D :D :D

PS..I'm sure Freddy is sufficiently humbled [sic] for now...Let's go after the Ghost and Dennis... They really piss me off..:eek:

PPS...Did you get my PM, saying I was only funnin' ? Weirdo Beardo, has been known to have ZERO skin, he may retalliate..

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Clare said:
Ouch. I KNEW Miss Clare would add a different dimension to our little leper colony...

Doc

SJDinPHX said:
Clare,...What a team..;)

I'll stab !! You twist...heh,heh..:D :D :D

PS..I'm sure Freddy is sufficiently humbled [sic] for now...Let's go after the Ghost and Dennis... They really piss me off..:eek:

PPS...Did you get my PM, saying I was only funnin' ? Weirdo Beardo, has been known to have ZERO skin, he may retalliate..

Now wait a minute. I was not necessarily referring to Freddy,or anyone in particular. I was simply making a distinction between two words.

In fact, if we were to speak of Freddy specifically, he has MANY successes---just go to his web site and see for yourself. Look at that LONG list of people he beat. www.bankingwiththebeard.com

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There is that single omission

There is that single omission

Clare said:
Now wait a minute. I was not necessarily referring to Freddy,or anyone in particular. I was simply making a distinction between two words.

In fact, if we were to speak of Freddy specifically, he has MANY successes---just go to his web site and see for yourself. Look at that LONG list of people he beat. www.bankingwiththebeard.com

That is all fine, but I dearly rue that single omission. I feel so incomplete without a record of a thrashing of the Sand Hound. He got out of the game just in time.

Beard

I couldnt help myself, I just took another look at the list. Impressive, if I must say so myself.
http://www.bankingwiththebeard.com/?page_id=12

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
I gotta say, I am just about speechless...What the f#%K is going on here with all of the hard-a$$ attitude, and the recent misinterpretations of posts...:confused:...

I can't believe how serious you take this stuff....Lying?...I'm talking about friendly-fake-lying...it's been going on forever in the poolroom....like for instance, I'll walk into Chris's Billiards and see a guy that I've been playing on and off for years, but that I haven't seen for a couple of months and we're negotiating about playing, and he'll say - "I haven't hit a ball in 4 weeks", then I'll say - well, I haven't hit a ball for 6 weeks - and he'll say - "I've been only playing on a bar table, I can't make a ball on the big table now" - and then I'll say "Yeah but I've been just playing only 3cushion lately, and I'm out of stroke on the pool table".....then we both laugh, as we've been doing all through this friendly-fake-lying, and we get a table and start playing...if to you, this is some kind of terrible lying, then, all I can say is, we think very differently...

And the whole back and forth with Steve Lomako, FROM MY END (I can only speak for myself), was meant TOTALLY in a joking, joshing, friendly way....if you guys can't see that, then maybe I really should check out of this forum...(the other day, with Steve, I was only kidding).

I don't want you to check out Ghost, and I'll even quit ribbing you about betting. It's only Friendly-Fake-Lying. That does sound kind of silly doesn't it.

We grew up in pool rooms for crying out loud. Barking, insulting and ridiculing any shortcomings you might have had were part of the daily routine.

I will take into account you are a little more sensitive than most, but the fact you always have to get in the last word (see your multiple posts on this thread or any thread that might be criticle of you) bothers me enough to mention it here. You are a pretty good one pocket player with some valid opinions, but you seem to get your feathers ruffled when someone doesn't agree with your shot selection and go on and on.

You have taken some shots at me in your Friendly-Fake-Lying posts. "San Jose Dick's Butt Buddy" and it "Was painful to watch the way I played against Artie & Billy" It was much more painful to be actually blowing my cash.

It's life in the pool room Ghost and we all have long memories. Get a thicker skin if you want to dish it out.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
I don't want you to check out Ghost, and I'll even quit ribbing you about betting. It's only Friendly-Fake-Lying. That does sound kind of silly doesn't it.

We grew up in pool rooms for crying out loud. Barking, insulting and ridiculing any shortcomings you might have had were part of the daily routine.

I will take into account you are a little more sensitive than most, but the fact you always have to get in the last word (see your multiple posts on this thread or any thread that might be criticle of you) bothers me enough to mention it here. you seem to get your feathers ruffled when someone doesn't agree with your shot selection and go on and on.

You have taken some shots at me in your Friendly-Fake-Lying posts. "San Jose Dick's Butt Buddy" and it "Was painful to watch the way I played against Artie & Billy" It was much more painful to be actually blowing my cash.

It's life in the pool room Ghost and we all have long memories. Get a thicker skin if you want to dish it out.

Ok then, if you want to air out the laundry, I'll start with this post, but there's more to be said....

First off I want to make it clear that I have much respect for the One Pocket knowledge and intelligence of you, SJD, Freddy, Billy, Rod, and all of the other experienced One Pocket players here on the forum....

That said, I feel very strongly about my One Pocket opinions and I stand up for them big time - I don't see anything wrong with that, but evidently you have a problem with it, since you said so.

jrhendy said:

I will take into account you are a little more sensitive than most,

And, as I've outlined in all of the above from your post, you're being hypocritical >>>

Three different times here you accuse me of being too sensitive/thin-skinned...but in the same post you admit to having a long memory and holding a grudge from many months ago, because I said you were: "San Jose Dick's Butt Buddy" and it "Was painful to watch the way I played against Artie & Billy"....SO WHO'S THE ONE BEING THIN-SKINNED....:rolleyes:....and, I only said those things after being attacked by you first - I haven't ever initiated posting with a nasty tone at anybody - I just defend myself if they do it to me...

And how "thin-skinned" could I be, since SJD and I have been trading barbs for a year and a half now with nobody ever getting mad....why? - that's because between SJD and me, it's always been in fun - never purposely mean-spirited.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok then, if you want to air out the laundry, I'll start with this post, but there's more to be said....

First off I want to make it clear that I have much respect for the One Pocket knowledge and intelligence of you, SJD, Freddy, Billy, Rod, and all of the other experienced One Pocket players here on the forum....

That said, I feel very strongly about my One Pocket opinions and I stand up for them big time - I don't see anything wrong with that, but evidently you have a problem with it, since you said so.

And, as I've outlined in all of the above from your post, you're being hypocritical >>>

Three different times here you accuse me of being too sensitive/thin-skinned...but in the same post you admit to having a long memory and holding a grudge from many months ago, because I said you were: "San Jose Dick's Butt Buddy" and it "Was painful to watch the way I played against Artie & Billy"....SO WHO'S THE ONE BEING THIN-SKINNED....:rolleyes:....and, I only said those things after being attacked by you first - I haven't ever initiated posting with a nasty tone at anybody - I just defend myself if they do it to me...

And how "thin-skinned" could I be, since SJD and I have been trading barbs for a year and a half now with nobody ever getting mad....why? - that's because between SJD and me, it's always been in fun - never purposely mean-spirited.

I give (For now) and you have the last word, which seems to be what you are looking for.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
I give (For now) and you have the last word, which seems to be what you are looking for.

No man, the last word is not what I'm looking for...I just want things to be seen for what they really are...so I just need to say this last thing...

Papie, if you feel like you need to be mad at me for repeating this (although you never said it was strictly in confidence), so be it, and I sincerely apologize in advance to you - but I feel that I have to, so no one can say that it's just me seeing things this way...

A few months ago it seemed like to me that jrhendy's constant needling posts at me had been mean-spirited, and not just friendly kidding anymore...but I was puzzled because I thought we were friends, and I couldn't think of anything that would have changed that....so to try and check and see if I was just imagining it, I thought I would contact SJD to get his take on it - because I trusted his judgement, and if he told me I was reading things wrong, then I would accept that...but he didn't - he agreed with my take on it....

What Dick said back to was...that he thought that jrhendy's posts at me were "over the top, not friendly" and that he "was surprised that John would do that".

You know, I have my faults, like all of us...but if a friend of mine was in trouble 100 miles away and it was midnight, and he called me - I'd get right in the car and head out there...

But John, if you want to not like me because I like to try and win arguments and cuz I say my shot choice is the best - well then, all I can say is, you (or anyone else) have to do what you think is right.