Derby City Classic challenge thread

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
you need a stake horse for $500? ...

this is from another thread

your post

.I always strive to operate within a reality check - particularly when asked my opinion, or when teaching...that said...

The strategies, moving intricacies, vision, and decision making in playing high level One Pocket is the only place where I have expertise/rarefied knowledge...

in another post

you said you and tom were even ( the round robin partners game) <----- No, I didn't - you just misquoted me - but that's what people with an agenda do...I named a group, and said that we all "played around the same speed".

maybe you felt you really had the best of it with the members you picked

but with rarefied knowledge

seems to me you should have the nuts...

dont know what you mean by team work ?

Careful Larry - you're showing that other side of you...and btw, you know exactly what I meant by team work...;)...

Hard to believe how out of line you are with this post of yours...

You choose to question my personal finances here in public Larry...sorry, everyone's not a well off doctor like you Larry....I happen to have a lot of medical bills that I'm dealing with right now, making it a very tight squeeze for me to even make it to the DCC - is any of that your business?...

You choose to mock my claiming to have expert knowledge of One Pocket? - bolding it and putting it in large type like we see over in the members only section - now why would you do that? - you, the guy who's supposedly so against people flaming other people on here, or starting trouble...what a fukkin joke you just made out of that...

And as for your other sarcasm - that I should have the nuts against all those guys cuz of my knowledge?.....here's a pretty simple explanation that I guess you need to have explained to you: unfortunately, aging and health can trump knowledge...Artie, SJD and many others can attest to that.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
A lot of this is on me.

Hopefully, with this explanation it can get squashed and not turn into something goofy.

Bruce has been a very good friend and mentor to me. On a few occasions, I’ve offered to put him in the box. (What comes to mind is I offered/wanted a decent chuck of the Henderson match, an east coast player at DCC a couple years ago, and we usually talk at DCC with the general understanding that if Ghost has something that he really likes to let me know….)

When this came about, me and Ghost talked (as we routinely do every few weeks) and I figured what the hell - even if it is Tom Tom - another guy I like and respect - it’s not an exorbitant amount, a friendly game, and I’d put him in it. Taking my word as a go, a game was discussed but to my knowledge never confirmed.

A few weeks ago, I got a hold of Bruce and told him that I couldn’t swing it right now/this year for my own reasons.

That’s that and I hope it clears the water.

Deeman

Verified Member
Hey, Cal. How the hell are you. When are you coming to Florida? I haven't gone to DCC since I retired. I used to work DCC in as a business trip and so it didn't cost me much of anything. Different story now. All the best.

Pete,

If you don't come to Derby, how are we ever going to figure out how to exceed the speed of light and chase down a black hole?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
to ghost (luke) and dustin i apologize if i stepped out of line
it was not my intention to force you both to go public with your personal situations
to ghost
to me if players all play "around the same speed "
they play even or close
you didnt ask for a spot from tom so i have to assume you believe you guys are even or you have alittle the best of it (because of your knowledge....which i admit YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE GAME. bolded for emphasis)
nobody gambles to lose ....on purpose
again i apologize to you both luke and dustin
larry

chicagomike

Verified Member
I think a few round-robin partners games consisting of those of us that play around the same speed would be a lot of fun...friendly games, say $30 a man, maybe with light sharking/needling allowed...:eek:...:D...

For our group...it could consist of any 4 of the following: Ghost, John H. Frank, pilot Jim, Tom W. socal Jerry, and ?

- The One Holey Ghost

PS, And if Billy I. gets in, his team can give the opposing team 8-7...:)

I'll play!!!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
to ghost (luke) and dustin i apologize if i stepped out of line
it was not my intention to force you both to go public with your personal situations
to ghost
to me if players all play "around the same speed "
they play even or close
you didnt ask for a spot from tom so i have to assume you believe you guys are even or you have alittle the best of it (because of your knowledge....which i admit YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE GAME. bolded for emphasis)
nobody gambles to lose ....on purpose
again i apologize to you both luke and dustin
larry

absolutely no reason to apologize to me. we're cool as can be. take care.
:D

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Pete,

If you don't come to Derby, how are we ever going to figure out how to exceed the speed of light and chase down a black hole?

Hey, Dee. We are just going to have to let the Universe free wheel for a while. I hope it doesn't come off the track due to our inattention. I always thought we could settle these weighty matters when you came to Homosassa to visit your relatives. At least I was hoping so. Have a great time at DCC.

Deeman

Verified Member
Hey, Dee. We are just going to have to let the Universe free wheel for a while. I hope it doesn't come off the track due to our inattention. I always thought we could settle these weighty matters when you came to Homosassa to visit your relatives. At least I was hoping so. Have a great time at DCC.

Deewoman9@aol.com had to reschedule our trip but we will still make it. I'll give you advanced notice so you can drag out your pool cue and slide rule.

calibration

Verified Member
From
Clarkston, Michigan
Petie

Petie

Petie,

Come on my friend,,, please tell me your making it to Derby this year........I want to watch you leave behind a few cubes of that expensive chalk..lol

Deeman

Verified Member
Good to see you posting, Dee. You been hidin' out?;) Bout time to retire, ain't it?

~Doc

Retired a couple of years ago and like Petie, learning to live on chalk and small winnings.

We need to get the one pocket travelers down your way again. :)

Deeman

Verified Member
Isn't that one of the reality theories?

Petie,

You know, you make a pretty fair physics theory guy. I still look back over our notes and damn if you don't make more sense than most of them.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Coming from you, Dee, I am humbly honored. If any of you guys out there think you have a good resume, you should see Dee's; its really something. All the best in the new year, my friend.

Deeman

Verified Member
Coming from you, Dee, I am humbly honored. If any of you guys out there think you have a good resume, you should see Dee's; its really something. All the best in the new year, my friend.

A great New Year to you as well my friend.