Derby chatter...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
From the website, I see that Hacker drew SVB in the banks.:eek: I hope Rob's bank game is strong.

Col. Bille drew Bill Dunsmore, who I don't know. Hopefully he's not a Kentucky world beater, so that Bille can get on the winner list. Ditto with Jerry Matchin drawing Earl Age.

The nice thing about the banks event is that it's possible to draw a mediocre player, since some of the guys sign up to play simply to get an attendance pass for the week. By the time the one-pocket starts, most everyone can play.

There are no results yet as of 6:15, so I'm wondering if the tournament had a late start due to the weather? I see that they've scheduled matches at 10:45 PM, which it seems to me that they didn't used to schedule that late. There again, could be the weather interference.

~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Derby chatter...

I know Bill Dunsmore. He is from MA but hasn't lived here for quite a while. Nickname "Chicken Man" his main game was straight pool back in the day

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Derby chatter...

It was 1-1. Shane won a battle to tie it then break and ran the last game. I am dogging my match while typing this 😱

Edit: it was 1-1 when Shane went ahead.

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Hacker went hill hill. He was up 2-1. Shane won a battle to tie it then break and ran the last game. I am dogging my match while typing this 😱

Just be free by the time I get there. I figure you can bust me in about ten hours andf I can go visit relatives. Not that they even know I am alive.:frus:lol:lol:lol

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Trying to figure out the completed matches page. So is the one in yellow the winner or the one with the (1) next to their name?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Sitting here sipping some wine with the wife wishing I was there! 32 more hours and I will be!

Trying to figure out the completed matches page. So is the one in yellow the winner or the one with the (1) next to their name?

You have it pretty bad, don't you??. Good for you. I remember those days. Here's the links to keep up with matches.

http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/scheduled.asp

http://208.106.220.42/DerbyCity/LiveMatchesandResults/_asp/completed.asp

I used to buy the accu-stat package each year and really liked it, but not since they started the 10 ball bigfoot shit. I checked the schedule a few minutes ago,just in case, and sure enough, they just have four 10 ball matches lined up for today, so forget that.....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice to see that Bille and Jerry won their first matches. Keep 'em going, boys. Rob had a tough one against SVB. Sounds like Rob stayed in the match though. "Chicago" Mike Eck is cruisin' along... And of course Brumback and Daulton are in gear.

I was surprised to see that Justin Hall, Chris Gentile, and Hennessee lost their first round matches. Short races are tough to fade for the better players. After seeing Hall's lackluster play in New Orleans, plus his banks loss, I'm wondering if he's in a slump. That clean livin' will do it to you...;)

~Doc

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Nice to see that Bille and Jerry won their first matches. Keep 'em going, boys. Rob had a tough one against SVB. Sounds like Rob stayed in the match though. "Chicago" Mike Eck is cruisin' along... And of course Brumback and Daulton are in gear.

I was surprised to see that Justin Hall, Chris Gentile, and Hennessee lost their first round matches. Short races are tough to fade for the better players. After seeing Hall's lackluster play in New Orleans, plus his banks loss, I'm wondering if he's in a slump. That clean livin' will do it to you...;)

~Doc

Skyler lost his first round too to a guy who beat him last year too...:eek: Well i'm on my way here in a few. See you all tonight. Is anybody meeting for dinner at the bar at 6:00

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

~Doc

Clean living, eh? Cool, maybe we'll get to learn what his eye color is this year.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Our man Jerry Matchin is still going strong. No losses after 3 rounds! Will play Mark Tadd at 8 PM, which should be an interesting match. Bille ran into a buzz saw. Hacker must have not bought back after losing to SVB. Chicago Mike still hanging in...

I see Frost plays Orcullo this evening. Like to see Frost take it. If he loses, he's out of the banks.

~Doc

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
dccc

dccc

local boy Neal Jacobs from northbrook into 4th round 0 losses, hope he can channel the Beard or Bugs

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Derby chatter...

See below. I filled in the missing names.

I will need help... but I can get it started, left to right

Mitch, Jtompilot (Jim) , HardMix (Ben) Kollege Dave, John Henderson, Bill, Col Bille at the head of the table. On the right CrabcatJohn (behind Miller), Miller (leaning forward), Disco Dave Tom Wirth.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Disco Dave here in the Laughlin Room Upstairs. I have the table in this room for 1p.org members, but have no contact info. Come quick