Derby/az

yobagua

Since the AZ website seems to be down can you guys in Louisville post here for updates on matches and action? I know youre on the phone JAM so any info you could give would be helpful. THANKS!!!!!!

underdog

Verified Member
I talked to a friend who was staking part of the Joyner/Frost match up. Cliff lost $4000. It was reported to me originally that it was $5000 but my friend who had half told me otherwise.
Corey Duell was betting Ronnie Allen $5000 to $1000 that he could run 15 balls in one pocket. He could break and get ball in hand after the break and was up $6000 when they took the table away when they started the one pocket tournament.
I am watching to see how David Matlock is doing. I haven't been able to hear anything today about the matches. He was still on the winners side at 5:00 Tues. After he won the banks he could do quite well if he places high in the one hole. He usually does good in the nine ball. I would like to see him win this. Most people think he is only a bar box player but he plays big tables as good as anybody. He is also one of the best if not the top 3 cushion player among the pool pros.

yobagua

Thanks Much Underdog!!!
Has Corey lost at anything????? It seems this year he is unbeatable.

underdog

Verified Member
He(Corey) is a heck of a player. I just talked to my friend out in Louisville and he said that the amount that I told you was wrong. They started woofing to bet $5000 to 1000 but they ended up playing for $1000 to $200. I will try to not give bad info again.
A couple of years ago I watched a Corey/Efron shoot out. Although corey lost, he won my respect with his shot making ability under tremendous pressure.
I guess Matlock is still on the winners side as of this morning. Go David!
Larry Nevel just got knocked out of the one pocket tourney this morning(Wed).
That is all I know

chief

Verified Member
underdog said:
I talked to a friend who was staking part of the Joyner/Frost match up. Cliff lost $4000. It was reported to me originally that it was $5000 but my friend who had half told me otherwise.
Corey Duell was betting Ronnie Allen $5000 to $1000 that he could run 15 balls in one pocket. He could break and get ball in hand after the break and was up $6000 when they took the table away when they started the one pocket tournament.
I am watching to see how David Matlock is doing. I haven't been able to hear anything today about the matches. He was still on the winners side at 5:00 Tues. After he won the banks he could do quite well if he places high in the one hole. He usually does good in the nine ball. I would like to see him win this. Most people think he is only a bar box player but he plays big tables as good as anybody. He is also one of the best if not the top 3 cushion player among the pool pros.
I am curious,where does dave play 3 cushion,I have seen him play many times and have played both 3 cushion and pool all around.thanks ahead of time

underdog

Verified Member
chief said:
I am curious,where does dave play 3 cushion,I have seen him play many times and have played both 3 cushion and pool all around.thanks ahead of time

Dave lives in the Kansas City area and often plays at Shooter's in Olathe KS. on the Missouri side he plays at Raytown Recreation where they have a wonderful heated table. (Verhoeven I believe and hope I spelled it right)
He used to live in Oklahoma and played in several places. His ex- Father-in- law plays pretty good also. His name is Bob Baldwin.
They had a BCA trade show a few years back. The Spanish 3 cushion champion came in to play him. They bet it reasonably and David torched him. He had runs of 8,10, 12 and quite a few other smaller good runs. The Spaniard said that he had play Cuelemans before but thought that David played that good that day. He doesn't play as often as he would like I am sure, If he could he would be ranked I am also sure. What makes him tough is that he has such a tremendous stroke and is willing to use it when someone plays him safe. A lot of 3 cushion players duck those shots.
We maybe losing Shooter's as the partners are fighting in court for some time. I hope not as it has been a great pool hall. We has another place that closed a while back when Wal-Mart bought out the shopping center. They had a Gabriel (French) that played outstanding. Even I could make a few on that one lol

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Dont know who gave u that info

Dont know who gave u that info

underdog said:

You are right about Cory betting that game but it was not with Ronnie Allen, he doesnt have that kind of money anymore. It was some older guy he was betting $200 at 5-1 odds. Cory was up $2200 when they had to quit. They were going to continue but don't know if they did.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
AZ's Back

AZ's Back

yobagua said:
Since the AZ website seems to be down can you guys in Louisville post here for updates on matches and action? I know youre on the phone JAM so any info you could give would be helpful. THANKS!!!!!!
Mike finally got it back up and running, Yo. Seems to be pretty fast too.

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
hemicudas said:
Mike finally got it back up and running, Yo. Seems to be pretty fast too.
Our board here at OnePocket.org crashed for two days too -- is this some kind of conspiracy??

underdog

Verified Member
Louisville

Louisville

I wasn't going to be able to go to Louisville. I couldn't stand not going so I went for the last couple of days after my last posting here.
In addition to seeing the one pocket finals and the nine ball, I enjoyed seeing Joyner play Billy Incardona. they started playing with Cliff spotting 10-6. After Cliff won 4 straight while I was there, they changed the spot to 10-5 and 9-5. Cliff's play was outstanding which kept Billy cold. They were betting it up and there was a lot of side action. The guys I sat with won 2500 betting on Cliff. I was faint hearted as I remember when that spot couldn't have been given Incardona.
In 9 ball action, I watched Kid Delicious play Gabe Owen race to 10 ahead, for 7k. I couldn't stay for the ending if there was one but the Kid was 4 games up when I left.
Before the match, Corey Duell gave his impression of Kid Delicious's mannerisms which cracked up the crowd. He was as good as Rich Little doing that.

I am glad that I went.