Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I really need a break, I feel like I've been doing this all year:) .

For the Duck:

1. 2003 D.C.C..

2. It's Adkins's shot.

3. He has the pocket labeled "Dee Adkins".

4. The match score is Frost 2-0 in games going to 3.

5. The ball score is 0-0.

What would you do?

Dee Adkins.jpg

Dee Adkins 1.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

For the Duck:

1. 2003 D.C.C..

2. It's Adkins's shot.

What would you do?

View attachment 2126

View attachment 2127
Looks like he's in trouble, the only shot I see is a kick directly at the 8 ball. Kick to hit the inside of the 8 ball and fall to the bottom cushion.
He may be able to bend the cue ball and softly bump the 8 ball, a little risky but possible.

Billy I.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:

For the Duck:

1. 2003 D.C.C..

2. It's Adkins's shot.

What would you do?

View attachment 2126

View attachment 2127

I'd look to see if that 5 was on via a kick into the stack. If not, I'd spin kick into the 8.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
My first post here , long time lurker and pool junkie.

First thing i thought about was the scenario......down 2 zip going to 3 against scott.......and its not looking good for the kid.(so to speak)

1.You could try to spin into the 8 off the side rail......looks preety tough and what is the best outcome do you forsee?...successful execution maybe gets you back to the table but almost definetlly put back on the defense.
2.kicking off the end rail for a hit on the 8...again....can be done. with similar results.
3.Also maybeeeeeeee( thats a big maybee) a shot from gradys "finer" video ...high inside (i think) off the ball along the rail ( bout 1/2 hit full ) and bend the cueball into the eight that way.
Grady makes it look easy on tape but if you dont practice it, feel comfortable or KNOW the shot ... its just not worth it.

All those shots if not hit real good will cost some balls...if not the game...no?
scratch risk is here too....

Dee has to be looking for anything to get this momentum going in his direction...he needs 3 games.

Thank goodness for the birds eye veiw...or i may have suggested to cut the 5 in.....looks like its 91degrees.
But after looking and carefully measuring the shot on my monitor with my ever straight and true...Backscratcher!:eek: ,It looks as if the kick into the stack multi ball combo on the 5ball is On.
If it doesnt go?...ok ...you prob lost....its ok....your playing scott frost ....no shame in loosing to him....but going on the many theories of onepocket....if you botched a tough safe and lost.....and you had passed up the chance to maybe win the game with a easier (looking) OFFENSIVE shot available to you....you would neverknow if you made the right choice cause you didnt shoot it anyway.

kick the combo in ....runout....and lay a good break on him.....thats what the ideal scenario would be ...and sounds alot better the ok safe with no momentum.

Just my .02 centavos.....im an amature (B)player and pool enthusiest, but i like to bet on the semi predictable outcomes of manualy induced impacts between sphearacle objects upon horizontal plains of gravitational forces.:D

Posting this at 530 am....risking all or any 1pocket credibility in one post.
This could get me religated to instant TROLL status.:eek:

btw...wasnt this the year Dee won allround?

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Use my cue, rake all the balls to my pocket... smile... oops guess that was a foul, spot one ball and go sit back down...

It might work...lol

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm seeing two possible shots in this rotten situation. One is to kick off the head rail and try to get behind the 8 ball. The other is to thin the 5 ball and crash into the 9 ball and hope something good happens. If you made either the 8 or 9 and knocked the other away, that would be something good.

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
kick into the side rail hitting the stripe below the 1ball and make the 4 ball kick combo. I'm going down shooting in this situation and that combo looks wired.

G.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I know this one, because Dee is a good banker and he probably is in full bank stroke for the Diamond tables given that the Derby Banks starts three days before the One Pocket starts. He's going to consider the 3-ball straight back a gimme, and play shape for the 5-ball cut into his pocket. In the unlikely event that he misses the bank, he still has a chance to get kinda safe (for one inning anyway), even though he is playing position for the "wrong side" of the stack.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-01-02_09-15-42.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-01-02_09-15-42.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
I know this one, because Dee is a good banker and he probably is in full bank stroke for the Diamond tables given that the Derby Banks starts three days before the One Pocket starts. He's going to consider the 3-ball straight back a gimme, and play shape for the 5-ball cut into his pocket. In the unlikely event that he misses the bank, he still has a chance to get kinda safe (for one inning anyway), even though he is playing position for the "wrong side" of the stack.
That's the shot he may have taken, for the same reasons you stated. Dee is an excellent banker. And even if he misses the shot, he doesn't have to sell out anything.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
WillieNilly said:
My first post here , long time lurker and pool junkie.

3.Also maybeeeeeeee( thats a big maybee) a shot from gradys "finer" video ...high inside (I think) off the ball along the rail ( bout 1/2 hit full ) and bend the cueball into the eight that way.
Grady makes it look easy on tape but if you don't practice it, feel comfortable or KNOW the shot ... its just not worth it.

All those shots if not hit real good will cost some balls...if not the game...no?
scratch risk is here too....

kick the combo in ....runout....and lay a good break on him.....thats what the ideal scenario would be ...and sounds alot better the ok safe with no momentum.

Just my .02 centavos.....I'm an amature (B)player and pool enthusiest, but I like to bet on the semi predictable outcomes of manualy induced impacts between sphearacle objects upon horizontal plains of gravitational forces.:D

btw...wasnt this the year Dee won allround?

Welcome, nice post. An example of #3 below. I lucked this shot in against a pretty good player ( Johnny morrow ) on his last game. Poor guy !:eek:
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 0

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
androd said:
Welcome, nice post. An example of #3 below. I lucked this shot in against a pretty good player ( Johnny morrow ) on his last game. Poor guy !:eek:
Rod.

Nice Shot Rod!

Dud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Rod.
Rod,

If you made that shot on me when I was on my last barrel, I'd have to add you (at #3) to the list of people I've air-barreled:) .

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't usually respond to my own threads as I already know what happened, but the question is "what would you do?" so I will answer what I would do. If I didn't try to spin around and hit the 8 ball I think I'd bank the 3 back near my pocket and let Scott shoot. I think there's a slight enough angle on it for this shot and to make the straight-back no good. How many is he going to run from here? Maybe 8, maybe not. There may even be a 3-Rail kick around behind the 8 ball.

Greenshot_2011-01-02_01-31-00.jpg

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
ha!

ha!

wn ... good one! Just my .02 centavos.....im an amature (B)player and pool enthusiest, but i like to bet on the semi predictable outcomes of manualy induced impacts between sphearacle objects upon horizontal plains of gravitational forces.

appreciation is my life,

sunny

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Well this is what I would *try*, maybe even get a little bump off the 9...

It's not very aggressive, i don't think, but I know I can't kick into the stack with the accuracy required to hit that multi-ball combo, so I'd do what I can to try and make Scott shoot out of his hole instead of mine.

I do like the straight-back bank though, and if I were feeling super confident about it, I might shoot that, but my first thought was playing off the 5.

Attachments

• Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
stljohnny said:
Well this is what I would *try*, maybe even get a little bump off the 9...

It's not very aggressive, i don't think, but I know I can't kick into the stack with the accuracy required to hit that multi-ball combo, so I'd do what I can to try and make Scott shoot out of his hole instead of mine.

I do like the straight-back bank though, and if I were feeling super confident about it, I might shoot that, but my first thought was playing off the 5.
That's just a temporary fix, look to find yourself in the stack without options in your next inning.:eek:

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Dennis, I know we'll never know what shot he would of chosen if the 5 ball wasn't such an attractive option, just sayin.;)

Billy I.
Bill,

I still think the kick at the 8 ball was the shot, if it was at all possible.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

I still think the kick at the 8 ball was the shot, if it was at all possible.

Dennis
as long as the 8 stays there the pressure is on.JMHO
dennis nice thread to post :)
my humble opinion is lets let this one go