Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
skin can you review or pm me how to draw the lines on the photo?
thanks.
Rodney's shot post #7

I also like this shot, a little more of a gamble, but effective if hit well.
This is a type of a choice that forces action, and if hit well the shooter has the edge, but if not hit well the shooter is in more trouble.:eek: I would tend to play this strategy against movers, not ball runners.

My option of cleaning up is less of a gamble, if executed well neither player has much of an edge. This option is more effective against ball runners making it more difficult for them to win, by not playing into their strengths.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
If you notice in this situation the shooter (Scott) has nothing to shoot that will improve his position, without running a risk he can't afford to take.:(

As a rule of thumb, whenever you're in a similiar situation where you don't have anything that will improve your position, you either look to take an intentional, or do something simple. Since you don't have a shot to improve your position, you have to focus on not leaving your opponent in a position to do something your not going to like. The KEY to this dilemma is to do something simple.;)

This type of a situation is too often undervalued, and it shouldn't be. You as the shooter must respect what the table offers and try not to force something that's not there. There are many more games lost then won, when you try to force something that's not there. In chess, if you don't know what to do, MOVE A PAWN. The same rule should apply playing other games as well.:cool:

What would you do?:confused:

Billy I.
Excuse me for jumping around, now back to this situation. The shooter should be content with playing an uptable game from this position, but if he doesn't choose the right shot he could end up in trouble. Try to choose a shot that is condusive to playing an uptable game.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
a simple shot would be to thin the solid thats tied up with the srtipe near the spot to end about where vaprs said . Q on the rail above his side pocket. that should loosen those balls up to lay better for me than for him
this was written while you were posting Bill.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Same type shot as this except I play the 15 up higher by the chalk and have it carom off the 6, it's a natural path towards the pocket and the cueball still ends up in between those 2 balls.

So in short, I play the 15 into the pack or the 6 and drive towards the pocket taking away the 5 cross corner.

androd said:
From what I see it looks like a bank on the 15 ball ? and go under the 3 ball and hit the 15 ? ball with the CB.
Rod.
PS, It looks like 2 or 3-- 15 balls.
PPS, I had something like this in mind.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
u12armresl said:
Same type shot as this except I play the 15 up higher by the chalk and have it carom off the 6, it's a natural path towards the pocket and the cueball still ends up in between those 2 balls.

So in short, I play the 15 into the pack or the 6 and drive towards the pocket taking away the 5 cross corner.
We keep bouncing back and forth between the two shots, but to your option of banking the 15 ball toward the stack isn't any good imo. To end up under the 3 ball it looks like you need to hit the 15 ball and follow through it. If you cut the 15 ball you won't get the follow action on the cue ball that you need. Rodney's shot is feasable because he's following through the 15 ball, and it's easier to controll both the speed and direction with the cue ball when you follow through the object ball.

But a good option if you can controll the cue ball. :)

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

You bein' a doctor and all...I know one thing - you'd really like to have a nurse like my Keiko...:) >>>

- Ghosty

Attachments

• KEIKO.jpg
    KEIKO.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
You may be a doctor, but I know one thing...you really wish you had a nurse like my Keiko...:) >>>

- Ghosty
Bruce, I can't even think about stuff like that anymore, I don't play nearly good enough.

Trust me, i'm an old doctor.:mad:

Billy I.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks for the reply Billy.

I see your point, It now appears that you hit the 3 but have the possibility of freezing to the ball next to the 3, but more importantly if you can hit the 6 or the stack, you will probably move the 5 and close out the banking lane.
IMHO.

wincardona said:
We keep bouncing back and forth between the two shots, but to your option of banking the 15 ball toward the stack isn't any good imo. To end up under the 3 ball it looks like you need to hit the 15 ball and follow through it. If you cut the 15 ball you won't get the follow action on the cue ball that you need. Rodney's shot is feasable because he's following through the 15 ball, and it's easier to controll both the speed and direction with the cue ball when you follow through the object ball.

But a good option if you can controll the cue ball. :)

Billy I.

wincardona said:
Bruce, I can't even think about stuff like that anymore, I don't play nearly good enough.

Trust me, i'm an old doctor.:mad:

Billy I.

I trust that you ARE an old doctor.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
a simple shot would be to thin the solid thats tied up with the srtipe near the spot to end about where vaprs said . Q on the rail above his side pocket. that should loosen those balls up to lay better for me than for him

Your shot is a good shot if you can controll the two balls by the spot. If you leave a possible bank on one of those balls you could end up in trouble. Don't forget the best you can get out of your position is an uptable game, play for it. With your shot you may give your opponent an agressive shot to put you in trouble. But if you're certain you wont give up some sort of a shot, then it's a good option.

Except..look below.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
Larry, another possible counter off of your shot would be for your opponent to shoot off the pink stripe and put you near or in the stack.:( So there are a couple things you need to be concerned with. Maybe we should look elsewhere.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Imagine that, you picked the same shot that you watched him shoot when you co-commentated the match with Danny D.:eek: . Good choice though.

View attachment 1317

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 1318
I'm thinking about cutting the 3 ball toward the stripe and positioning the cue ball parallel to the pink stripe 1 dia. up from the bottom pocket. Not much he can do from that position,in terms of putting you in trouble. Eventually you'll get an opportunity to move the 5 ball to start playing your up table game.:cool:

Another possible option may be to cut the pink stripe and go cross table with the cue ball, repositioning it close to the 3 ball. This position is much better then repositioning the cue ball on the other side of the side pocket where your opponent may be able to do something with the 2 balls near the foot spot.:D The pink stripe really isn't a ball that you need to keep where it is, it may even be a detriment to you later on, if left in that position. Keep in mind that you don't need to do anything special to negate his somewhat better position, then you can proceed to play your uptable game.:eek:

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I'm thinking about cutting the 3 ball toward the stripe and positioning the cue ball parallel to the pink stripe 1 dia. up from the bottom pocket. Not much he can do from that position,in terms of putting you in trouble. Eventually you'll get an opportunity to move the 5 ball to start playing your up table game.:cool:

Another possible option may be to cut the pink stripe and go cross table with the cue ball, repositioning it close to the 3 ball. This position is much better then repositioning the cue ball on the other side of the side pocket where your opponent may be able to do something with the 2 balls near the foot spot.:D The pink stripe really isn't a ball that you need to keep where it is, it may even be a detriment to you later on, if left in that position. Keep in mind that you don't need to do anything special to negate his somewhat better position, then you can proceed to play your uptable game.:eek:

Billy I.
One pocket is a very interesting game that seems to constantly tempt you to change your strategy and do things differentl'y. At this point in this game we would settle for an uptable game, so that's what we're playing for, but that doesn't mean that that's what wer'e going to end up doing. One bad shot from either player will dictate what type of strategy is best for you to play. So try not to be the one who makes that bad shot. Stick to your plan untill you feel it's best to do something differently.:cool: But can someone tell me when that time is? Experience can, and lessons from the doctor.:D Over the phone lessons sart at $1,000 an hr. Personal lessons face to face $2,000 hr.

Billy I.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
wincardona said:
Over the phone lessons start at $1,000 an hr. Personal lessons face to face $2,000 hr.
Billy I.
Once you see my face, you may well pay me 1,000 a hour of that face to face rate, so I get BACK on the phone:eek:

Having the kids break my glasses cuz I'm so ugly when I was kid - $23

Having National Geographic hire me to run the forest and scare out Sasquatch - $2500

Having the Dr. Billy I, pay me money just for showing up for lessons.......
PRICELESS !!!!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I don't remember what he did either and I just watched it last night:eek: . Of course, I may have had one or two Miller Lites:) .

Dennis
Do me a favor and watch it again, i'm curious to see what he did do, thanks.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:
Once you see my face, you may well pay me 1,000 a hour of that face to face rate, so I get BACK on the phone:eek:

Having the kids break my glasses cuz I'm so ugly when I was kid - $23

Having National Geographic hire me to run the forest and scare out Sasquatch - $2500

Having the Dr. Billy I, pay me money just for showing up for lessons.......
PRICELESS !!!!
I appreciate your honesty, that goes a long way with me.:) Face to face lessons are now, only for you $1,550 an hr.:)

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
lessons from the doctor.:D Over the phone lessons sart at $1,000 an hr. Personal lessons face to face $2,000 hr.

Billy I.
i seem to remember a post about "then the spelling goes south":rolleyes: just sayin:)