Dee Adkins vs. Scott Frost 2003 D.C.C.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's 2-2 going to 3 and Frost just broke to the lower right-hand pocket, as you view the screen. What would you do?

View attachment 1315

For sure you're in a tough spot. You gotta do something here to "buy a little time" as Billy says. Thin off the 5 and try to get behind the 3. If you let him hit the 12 you're back in the soup again. I don't see anything aggressive you can do here. If you don't get him on the 3 he's gonna come off the 5 and put you in the stack. Takes good execution here. You could also come off the 7 moving the 9 to about the middle of the table and leave him straight in on the 12. If he shoots that 13 he's knocking the 3 to your side and not likely to come up with another shot.
"

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's 2-2 going to 3 and Frost just broke to the lower right-hand pocket, as you view the screen. What would you do?

View attachment 1315

I would shoot the 3 ball into the 15 ball and play the cue ball toward the 6 ball. This shot should not be hit too hard, but hard enough to move both balls away from Scott's pocket and possibly send the 15 ball over to your side. You can also send the cue ball toward the pink stripe that is positioned on Scott's side of the table next to the side.

I really don't like going underneath the 3 ball and the 15 ball, because of the options he will have in return.

Billy I.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
I would shoot the 3 ball into the 15 ball and play the cue ball toward the 6 ball. This shot should not be hit too hard, but hard enough to move both balls away from Scott's pocket and possibly send the 15 ball over to your side. You can also send the cue ball toward the pink stripe that is positioned on Scott's side of the table next to the side.

I really don't like going underneath the 3 ball and the 15 ball, because of the options he will have in return.

Billy I.

I like that shot a lot - as long as I feel that I can avoid any possible kiss...have to actually be at the table to determine that for sure.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i dont see anything beyond whats been mentioned. i like bill's shot because it moves scots ball away from his hole.
i looked at trying to come off the long rail by scotts pocket and carom off the stripe into the stack
but i couldnt see a way to to not leave a return shot
a bank or a shot on the stripe i caromed off of if it didnt come up table enough
so i nixed that idea

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The angle looks natural to skim lightly off of the 5-ball, leaving it pretty close to the bottom rail, and sliding the cue ball under the two balls by Frost's pocket. I was also looking at the combo at the top of the stack, but it looks like it is pretty much aiming straight across the table and back. He still might have gone into that and buried the cue ball in the top of the stack. That would work a lot better if something was going over near his own hole of course.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
From what I see it looks like a bank on the 15 ball ? and go under the 3 ball and hit the 15 ? ball with the CB.
Rod.
PS, It looks like 2 or 3-- 15 balls.
PPS, I had something like this in mind.

Attachments

• eddie.jpg
    eddie.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
I will look to see if I can do this.

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
androd said:
From what I see it looks like a bank on the 15 ball ? and go under the 3 ball and hit the 15 ? ball with the CB.
Rod.
PS, It looks like 2 or 3-- 15 balls.

Hey, Rod! I was drawing while you were posting. ;)

Skin

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:
Hey, Rod! I was drawing while you were posting. ;)

Skin

And I was figuring out how to edit when you were posting. You should be able to force thru the bank and spin deep under the 3 ball and maybe turn the bank more.
Rod.
PS, I like Billy's vac shot also, just hoover'em outa there.

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
skin can you review or pm me how to draw the lines on the photo?
thanks.

Larry, I just right-clicked on Dennis's photo and saved it to "My Pictures" on my computer. Then I right-clicked on the saved version and selected "edit". That brought it up with a tool bar for doing lots of things including drawing lines. Hope this helps.

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Imagine that, you picked the same shot that you watched him shoot when you co-commentated the match with Danny D.:eek: . Good choice though.

CUsersDennisPicturesDee Adkins.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Imagine that, you picked the same shot that you watched him shoot when you co-commentated the match with Danny D.:eek: . Good choice though.

View attachment 1317

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 1318

Dennis, I have done commentary now for over 20 years, I really don't remember all the shots that were shot and certainly didn't remember this one. My shot choice happened to be the same shot choice as the shooter. This happens alot, but that doesn't mean that the shooter shot the best shot, but it does support his choice as a good option. This shot isn't a super move, looks like a simple take out shot, with the ability to controll the cue ball.

I like the shot Dee chose, and would of done the same thing, imagine that.;)
Matter of fact I would even shoot a lot of the shots that Conrbread shot, if they were the right shot for the situation imo.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
What next?

What next?

wincardona said:
Dennis, I have done commentary now for over 20 years, I really don't remember all the shots that were shot and certainly didn't remember this one. My shot choice happened to be the same shot choice as the shooter. This happens alot, but that doesn't mean that the shooter shot the best shot, but it does support his choice as a good option. This shot isn't a super move, looks like a simple take out shot, with the ability to controll the cue ball.

I like the shot Dee chose, and would of done the same thing, imagine that.;)
Matter of fact I would even shoot a lot of the shots that Conrbread shoots, if I think they were the right shot for the situation.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

Now that we got that straight what would you do next if you were Scott?
This situation is interesting as well. And no, I don't remember what Scott did.;)

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
Now that we got that straight what would you do next if you were Scott?
This situation is interesting as well. And no, I don't remember what Scott did.;)

Billy I.
It's tough to tell from this angle if the 5 can be made easily or not. There is an overhead of this layout. I'll post it in a minute.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Cowboy Dennis said:
Here's both pics of the layout. It's Frost's shot now.

View attachment 1319

View attachment 1320
If you notice in this situation the shooter (Scott) has nothing to shoot that will improve his position, without running a risk he can't afford to take.:(

As a rule of thumb, whenever you're in a similiar situation where you don't have anything that will improve your position, you either look to take an intentional, or do something simple. Since you don't have a shot to improve your position, you have to focus on not leaving your opponent in a position to do something your not going to like. The KEY to this dilemma is to do something simple.;)

This type of a situation is too often undervalued, and it shouldn't be. You as the shooter must respect what the table offers and try not to force something that's not there. There are many more games lost then won, when you try to force something that's not there. In chess, if you don't know what to do, MOVE A PAWN. The same rule should apply playing other games as well.:cool:

What would you do?:confused:

Billy I.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I might thin the pink stripe on the rail and send the cueball across the table, leaving it just above or just below the side pocket. If I'm feeling good about it, I might double-bank the same shot and leave the cueball up against the stack, assuming the 10 ball shot is not wired.

Last edited: