DCC One Pocket 2009 - Whoall's Going And When ?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Only 5 weeks till the DCC !....

If the creek don't rise....I'll be going down on Friday and staying 7 days till the following Friday....Dick, John, which days are you guys gonna be there ?

I'll be pleased to make the acquaintance any of our members here...who choose to give up their anonymity...:rolleyes:....

And any gambling members who want to play a little 'friendly' One Pocket with me down there - send me a pm....

I'll also be available to give One Pocket lessons to anyone interested - pm me....

And let me throw this out there....Should we make a certain time and day, either one night in the bar, or one late morning for breakfast, where all members on here who would like to, can meet up with each other ?

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

If the creek don't rise....I'll be going down on Friday and staying 7 days till the following Friday....Dick, John, which days are you guys gonna be there ?

I'll be pleased to make the acquaintance any of our members here...who choose to give up their anonymity...:rolleyes:....

And any gambling members who want to play a little 'friendly' One Pocket with me down there - send me a pm....

I'll also be available to give One Pocket lessons to anyone interested - pm me....

And let me throw this out there....Should we make a certain time and day, either one night in the bar, or one late morning for breakfast, where all members on here who would like to, can meet up with each other ?

- Ghost

Ghost,

I am coming in Tues. AM (27th) departing Fri.(30th) PM. I would be up for a get together one night in the bar, OR late one morning in the bar (for breakfast).
I have a full schedule of confirmed lessons, so my time is quite valuable.
(Can't be running from bar to restaurant) I may have an opening for a late lunch, in the bar, on Wed.(28th) This could coincide with our meeting, in the bar, prior to our proposed 1P match. Please advise.

Dick

PS. I assume it's a 24 hr. bar, as I don't have a room. :eek:

Last edited:

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
I think I will be there. Have booked hotel (Holiday Inn), been checking for roommates, looking on flights etc, and will go to the police this week to get a new passport. My old one is not acceptable in the States...

Looks like I will arrive in the evening on the 24th, after travelling for almost 24 hours.... :eek:

If I go I will play you some cheap sets, but only if I get good handicap! I am a beginner, can't make two balls in a row, have a shoulder-damage, bad eyes and jetlag all week.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Roy Steffensen said:
I think I will be there. Have booked hotel (Holiday Inn), been checking for roommates, looking on flights etc,

Roy.......That's great - glad you're going to make it.

Roy Steffensen said:
and will go to the police this week to get a new passport.

Roy, whatever you do, DO NOT mention to the police that you know 'San Jose Dick McMorran', or they may deny you your passport....:eek: :D

Roy Steffensen said:
If I go I will play you some cheap sets, but only if I get good handicap! I am a beginner, can't make two balls in a row, have a shoulder-damage, bad eyes and jetlag all week.

Aah, very good, I didn't realize that you Europeans were so skilled in the art of self-deprecating exaggeration and distorting of the truth.....:rolleyes: :cool:

....But just to be a welcoming host representing my country, and without ever having seen you play, I will graciously and very generously, give you 9 to 8 for a few Euro's a game....:)

- Ambassador Ghost

The Milk Man

Verified Member
I will be there on the 27th thru the end of the week. May come down on the the 25th if I play in the one pocket event.

Ghost we can play some again this year if you want.

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
9 to 8? Aren't you an instructor? I am a beginner, and I hardly knows the rules of this game... oh well... let's talk this over a beer, I am sure we can find an agreement ;)

Hope to see you there! Bring your best aiming-system :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SJDinPHX said:
I am coming in Tues. AM (27th) departing Fri.(30th) PM. I would be up for a get together one night in the bar, OR late one morning in the bar (for breakfast).
Dick I assumed you'd be playing the tournament. Sounds like you'll be too busy giving lessons and tippling...

I'm planning to be there from 1/24-1/28. I figure I'll be out of the 1P tournament for sure by Tuesday, so I can leave the next day.

As far as a 1P.O get together, we could do it either before or after the HOF banquet. Or perhaps we could meet at the 1P/AZ room for some sharking and challenge matches.:rolleyes:

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
the HOF dinner

the HOF dinner

Any reason the get-together couldnt occur at the HOF dinner? They do have an open bar, by the way. That is the only night you will catch me doing any serious drinking.

the Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
Dick I assumed you'd be playing the tournament. Sounds like you'll be too busy giving lessons and tippling...

I'm planning to be there from 1/24-1/28. I figure I'll be out of the 1P tournament for sure by Tuesday, so I can leave the next day.

As far as a 1P.O get together, we could do it either before or after the HOF banquet. Or perhaps we could meet at the 1P/AZ room for some sharking and challenge matches.:rolleyes:

Doc

Doc........I don't know about you and Dick and Freddy..:rolleyes:..but come Tuesday evening/approx.5th round of the One Pocket tournament, I know Me, Chicago Mike, and maybe John H. are planning on still being alive and slashing through the brackets.....:cool:

- Ghost

chicagomike

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Doc........I don't know about you and Dick and Freddy..:rolleyes:..but come Tuesday evening/approx.5th round of the One Pocket tournament, I know Me, Chicago Mike, and maybe John H. are planning on still being alive and slashing through the brackets.....:cool:

- Ghost
Ghost,
I hope you're right. Does payday start in the 5th round?.......How about putting up an invite in the actual AZ/1p org. room?

I would think late breakfast before match play would be feasible during the early rounds of the one pocket event. I imagine any 1p org member should be there by then.

The bar sounds good, but only after I've exhausted all possible available action for the night...note: This does not apply to Dick and J.H., as meeting at the bar my be part of negotiations.

...But I'm leaving negotiations to the Ghost.

Live long and play strong,
Chicagomike

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Roy.......That's great - glad you're going to make it.

Roy, whatever you do, DO NOT mention to the police that you know 'San Jose Dick McMorran', or they may deny you your passport....:eek: :D

Aah, very good, I didn't realize that you Europeans were so skilled in the art of self-deprecating exaggeration and distorting of the truth.....:rolleyes: :cool:

....But just to be a welcoming host representing my country, and without ever having seen you play, I will graciously and very generously, give you 9 to 8 for a few Euro's a game....:)

- Ambassador Ghost

Mr. Ambassador Ghost,

My friend John and I just moved here from South Africa, Hardly any one pocket there either. Would we qualify for any EXTRA balls in that instance, like Mr. Steffensen.
The generosity of you people in the state of Chicago is just so heartwarming.

Thanking you in advance, Mr. A

Johanessburg John and Zimbabwai Dick
(We only have gold krugerands to wager, is that O.K. ?)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The Milk Man said:
I will be there on the 27th thru the end of the week. May come down on the the 25th if I play in the one pocket event.

Ghost we can play some again this year if you want.

Hey man, how ya been doin - how's your One Pocket game coming along ?.......Yeah, we could play, or I'll match you up with one of my students like I did before.

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Tennessee Joe6 said:
I'll be there on the 27 thru the 30th. Hope to meet everyone and learn to improve at One Pocket---any suggestions?

Yes Joe,

A couple of suckers from Chicago are trying to GIVE their money away.
Just say you're from Pakistan or somewhere.

Dick

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I will be flying into Louisville Saturday the 24th, and leaving Friday the 30th.
My wife joins me Monday night through Wed AM to help with the HOF dinner.

As of right now, I am swamped trying to gather bio info and prepare for the dinner. I have talked to Jack Cooney, but still need Tony 'Fargo' Ferguson's contact info.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Ghost,

I am coming in Tues. AM (27th) departing Fri.(30th) PM.

Dick

Dick......All kidding aside for just a minute......Trust me, if you can possibly come for a longer time, you should - 3 days isn't enough to take it all in.....And the first weekend - 23rd - 25th usually has the best action of the week.

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dick......All kidding aside for just a minute......Trust me, if you can possibly come for a longer time, you should - 3 days isn't enough to take it all in.....And the first weekend - 23rd - 25th usually has the best action of the week.

- Ghost

Ghost,
Sent you a PM. My plans are pretty inflexable. Would like to stay longer but I really can't.

Dick

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

I'll be there from the 24th to the 30th.

Deeman

Verified Member
I'll arrive early the morning of the 25th, before the player's meeting and will be departing on the evening of the 31st, unless something happens to hold there longer. :)

I can be found at all hours wandering the halls aimlessly looking for love in all the wrong places.

DeeMan

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
I've got the impression that quite a few here will attend this tournament, but only as spectators? Since it is an open tournament, why don't you enter?

I know I am not capable of doing much harm if I play a pro, but I love the oppurtunity to do that. In what other sport can a fan actually play the best?

Imagine how cool to play Efren Reyes in the biggest One Pocket tournament in the world?