DCC 2011 Trip Report, Part 1

lfigueroa

Verified Member
To paraphrase the great sports columnist, Thomas Boswell, in today’s Washington Post: You can't hide in pool. The truth about your game comes racing right up into your face.

And so it is. You go to an event like the Derby City Classic (version 2.0.11) and go to the screen crawl to view the draw for the 1pocket and you watch name after name after name and think to yourself, “Glad I didn’t draw him.” “Phew, dodged a bullet there.” “Wouldn’t want to play THAT guy the first round…” It really is a little unsettling to see so many names you recognize from the magazines, and internet, and Accu-Stats tapes with the dawning realization that at any moment *your* name is going to appear nestled right next to one of theirs.

My first draw Sunday was against Shannon Murphy, a young heavy-set guy, from I believe the Ohio area. Against Shannon I quickly find out (once again) how lost I am on Diamond tables. Weeks, months, and even years of playing on older, albeit double-shimmed and well-kept GCs with pool hall pool balls that have 200,000 miles on them, have ill-equipped me to play on Diamond pro-cut tables with new cloth and balls.

One of my most reliable 1pocket shots is the one right after the other guy has broken and because the cue ball is on or near the rail, you jack up a bit, bank a ball near the spot to your side, and snuggle the CB up against the top of whatever remains of the stack. This is one of my bread-and-butter shots and I am known to be able to get whitey to cozy right up against another ball. It’s a delicate shot because usually you have to move the CB just so, an inch or less, and are often using just a half or quarter of an OB to hide your opponent from seeing any ball on his or your side. Our first game Shannon has left me this very exact same shot after the lag and break. I step up to the table fully confident that this shot -- which I have executed to perfection hundreds of times -- will put Shannon in a death trap that will eventually allow me to extricate myself from his break. I bridge off the rail, elevate and pop the CB with the intent of drawing the cue ball about an inch back and to the right, right up to a big fat orange five ball.

I pull the trigger and the cue ball stops dead.

There is no draw action on the ball. I mean: the cue ball flash freezes in its tracks, out in the open, nekked, exposed to at least three different balls Shannon can choose to shoot into his pocket as his whim dictates. I have miscalculated the weight, size, and spin I’ll get off a new Aramith full-sized red circle hitting a new full-sized Aramith two ball. And so it went. Repeatedly, I attempt to play position on balls only to watch the CB roll, and then roll farther until the next ball in the run I had visualized is out of reach. Where I should get four, I get one. Where I should have a shot at a ball, I have gone too far and am hooked behind another. My banks are all over the place. I deservedly lose 1-3 and Shannon goes on to the next round and to finish in the top ten of the Banks.

One of the great things about the DCC is that you get to see different disciplines and the Banks have always fascinated and at the same time demoralized me. I watch players like Brumback and Hogue rifle balls in off the rails. Now, if for absolutely no other reason, you have not gone, you should go to the DCC to observe this phenomena for yourself live and in person with your own two peepers. It is: absolutely amazing and soul crushing. You think you know something about pool and then go and watch these guys *rip* balls in up and down the table one, two, three, four, and even five rails and your eyes get wide, your jaw drops, and you walk away reconsidering all you thought you knew about the game.

I settle in to watch Buddy Hall playing Larry Nevel their "bumps" match. Gulfport Doc is next to me and, as pool players normally do, we multi-task: watching the match unfold we talk about various unrelated topics. I have stopped by to observe the last couple of games of the match. What I did not know (but was to later learn) was that earlier someone had been standing on the very same piece of carpeting my own two feet now occupied and had caught the ire of one Cecil "Buddy" Hall, Jr. They had, in fact, been admonished to keep it down by Mr. Hall when Mr. Hall was in the act of shooting a pool ball.

That offender was now long gone and now I stood, unwittingly, in his place. Buddy is shooting an up-and-down bank while I expound to Doc on how the boats took all the action money out of the St. Louis pool halls and Buddy stands up from the shot, turns to us (me really), and opens both hands wide in a wordless plea of “Whaddahey” and I apologize and fall silent. I don’t feel too bad about it. I wasn’t talking very loudly, Buddy is after all a pro and he shouldn’t be bothered by a slight distraction. And so Buddy returns to his labors and badly misses the shot. Mr. Nevel then steps to the table and rockets in (and I do mean *rockets*) three one rail banks AND THEN stabs a three-railer that was probably still accelerating when it hit the pocket for the game and match. Mr. Hall then turns in his chair towards me and says, quote, “Thanks a lot.” Later on, I find out that there was someone there previously and Buddy may have thought I was the same guy sharking him. Anyway, later in the evening I am up in the balcony watching Buddy play his next match down below on the first floor. Frankly, he is so smooth and accurate I love watching him play. I think Buddy figured out, or was told, I wasn’t the same guy and at one point during his match downstairs he looks up into the balcony, sees me and silently mouths, “I’m sorry.” And I open up my hands and nod my head in a silent, “It’s all cool, Buddy.” Buddy is once again a great guy in my book.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
second that

second that

My friend was on the 9 ball tour thru the 80's and he would say the most gracious guys around were Buddy and Swanny who would sometimes apoligize to his opponents when he beat them.I'm glad you got what you deserved,the pool gods are extremely fickle as you know......must be the wings,B

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
Great stuff, as usual, Lou. We've come to expect quality coverage from you.

P.S. Same thing happened to me with Buddy. At the last DCC at the Executive West, I was trying to snap a photo of Buddy while he was playing Ronnie Allen with Bunny Rogoff in the background watching. Just as Buddy was trying to make a tricky shot, a pool celebrity jumped in to help me and yelled out: "Hey, Buddy, we're trying to get your picture." Buddy, rudely interrupted, whirls over to my direction and only sees me with a camera. All I ended up with was a picture of Buddy glaring at me in rage.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
usblues said:
My friend was on the 9 ball tour thru the 80's and he would say the most gracious guys around were Buddy and Swanny who would sometimes apoligize to his opponents when he beat them.I'm glad you got what you deserved,the pool gods are extremely fickle as you know......must be the wings,B

lol, thanks, usblues. Buddy is a prince and over the years at the DCC we have had some interesting moments.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
demonrho said:
Great stuff, as usual, Lou. We've come to expect quality coverage from you.

P.S. Same thing happened to me with Buddy. At the last DCC at the Executive West, I was trying to snap a photo of Buddy while he was playing Ronnie Allen with Bunny Rogoff in the background watching. Just as Buddy was trying to make a tricky shot, a pool celebrity jumped in to help me and yelled out: "Hey, Buddy, we're trying to get your picture." Buddy, rudely interrupted, whirls over to my direction and only sees me with a camera. All I ended up with was a picture of Buddy glaring at me in rage.

Thanks you, demonrho. Would *love* to see that picture.

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Lou, I may have told you that Buddy walked up to me later when I was ready to watch his next match, and told me that he didn't blame us for his losing to Nevel. He said Nevel won the match because he got 5 balls in the pockets before Buddy did.;)

Nevertheless, when I watched him in subsequent matches, he always looked over at me and smiled. I said, "I'm not going to say a friggin word!":D

Doc

P.S Your predecessor was "loud mouth" GBru. Jokes aside, we didn't realize that our voices carried. The wooden doors we were leaning against probably helped the "acoustics".

lfigueroa

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Lou, I may have told you that Buddy walked up to me later when I was ready to watch his next match, and told me that he didn't blame us for his losing to Nevel. He said Nevel won the match because he got 5 balls in the pockets before Buddy did.;)

Nevertheless, when I watched him in subsequent matches, he always looked over at me and smiled. I said, "I'm not going to say a friggin word!":D

Doc

P.S Your predecessor was "loud mouth" GBru. Jokes aside, we didn't realize that our voices carried. The wooden doors we were leaning against probably helped the "acoustics".

lol, well somehow the story had spread and I heard from three different guys about Buddy and the guy who sharked him :)

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

I had a game but the game didny come off. No big deal. But It was great seaing you and talking too you.

If I would have stayed I would have made a big bet on Dippy againsy Cory Duel. Dippy knowes the game real good and he controls the cue ball good too.

When I was watching him he made very few mistakes. And If I would have been comintating his match.

He would have shot 95 percent off the shoots I would have said he will shot.
I probable would have been the only person who would have bet on him.

But that just varifies what people realy dont no and see. Dippys shooting is not very good. Because he does miss easy shots. But he knowes the game.

He is intitled to big spoys because off his week shooting. And if he shoots bad he can get beat 18 to 4. Because the best players will run a lot off balls. Dippy just doesnt have thier fire power.

But he has a lot off gamble and the money makes the game more fun and enjoyable too him. And he loves beating the champions. And I think his the greatest caracter out thier wright now in pool.

I wanted too coach Shane after last years
Dcc against Eferin even. WE may never see that game but I seen he had everything too be the worlds greatest one pocket player.

With the wright coaching and learning. He has all the tools and ability. And his didication is 100%. He will practice night and day tell he learns what he is trying to learn too make his game stronger.

He might have been practicing the game in the summer time. Because he looks a loot better and his shots are better choices.

He has the ability too be number one. HIs knowledge ie still at least one levale or more behind the top players Like Scott Cliff Gab and some off the other players.

BUt Shane ans Alex either one can be number one with the knowledge. Because thier ability is over the other players.

Even Alex with his great shooting and his Billy the kid attitude is supper players. With the knowledge he can collecte the number one position. Just like shan they are so great at all the other things they do.

Sometimes too much fame and glory can take control off the player. And the get board and go in they wrong direction and the can ruine thier life and game.

And to be number one and stay thier takes a lot off hard work and desire. And the pressure off being number one some people cant handle it. Its easy too go astray and say who cares or whats the difference. You may be great but if you let it get too you it can destroy you. And nobody stays on top forever.

Everyone wonts too be number one. And thier are lots off people trying too get thier. BUt its amazing how meny great players thier are now playing.

One More thing Dock I wish you would have asked Buddy Hall what he thought about my game. Because he was one off the few people that realy seen me play when I could play.

And that was the time when they had a lot off great one pocket players. And Buddy Hall is a great and respected player. And I would bet on Buddy Hall playing anyone. All he has too do is tell me he has a even chance too win.

I havant seen too meny people who have the determination too win Like Buddy Hall Eddie Kelly Joey Spath Phoney Rosen and Allen Hopkins Willie Hoppie Clem. THese players gave all they had. And that deasire will win a lot off sessions.

Eferin Had more talant then these players but his desire was not as strong. Even Bugs Ronnie Taylor Jersy Red Corn Bread Red.

THese players were all great but they had more off a free stlye game. THat ferce killer was not in them.

Harold Worst Alex Steve MIsrack Mike Sigale Willie Mosconie Raymond CulemansThese were all great shooters. But I dont think I would put them in the class off the players who played like thier life was on the line.

BUt If you ever get a chance ask Buddy What he thought off my one pocket game. I remember eating with Gorge Brunt in Las Vegas and he told this pocker player I gave him 8 to 7 and the breack. And The pocker player said thats a big spot.

Gorge said Yes but if he new what I new in one pocket he said he would have beaten anyone in the world. I just dont want people to yhink that I am just talking and Braging. I say what I say because I no what I am talking about.

And You can read my posts from a years ago what I said About Shane beinng the best one pocket player in the world. If he learns the game the correct way.

Thier are no axedents. He told me Shane he loves nine ball he doesnt want too be the best one pocket player in the world. I Excepted his word and told him good luck. And I said Maybe one day will come when he wished he would have learned the correct way too play one pocket.

I no he could win more money playing one pocket then in alll the tournemets that he will win. But If he dosent see it and he dosest care fore the game. He will do good no matter what he does in pool because he has soo much talant and ability.

BUt its not every day some one offere you to be the champion in the world in one game. And it will help him in alllgames too. I just brought it up to show what can be done.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Efren/Blomdahl

Efren/Blomdahl

Hey AB,you ever see that video of Efren playing Blomdahl in 9-ball and 3-cushion?I think it was in Japan or some goddamn place faraway.Real interesting.Both kind of laid-back guys.Not like the pitcher for the Cards,Bob Gibson,who had the talent and a killer instinct and wanted to crush your willpower.Tyson for 4-5 years could swing it that way too,ah well,its all interesting,B

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
usblues said:
Hey AB,you ever see that video of Efren playing Blomdahl in 9-ball and 3-cushion?I think it was in Japan or some goddamn place faraway.Real interesting.Both kind of laid-back guys.Not like the pitcher for the Cards,Bob Gibson,who had the talent and a killer instinct and wanted to crush your willpower.Tyson for 4-5 years could swing it that way too,ah well,its all interesting,B
I played only in one three cushion tournement in my life they had all good players in it.I did better then I thought I would BUt I could not have won it because Bloomandale is in another league.

And he could spot anyone in the Usa 10 or 15 on 60. And I make him the favorite. But I could not have beaten him no mater how good I played. His Percentage was just too high. And he won the tournament. And his knowledge is above the USA players also.

BUt with Ivory balls on a the old tabales I would have bet on Hoppie and Haeold Worst against him. BUt not on the new Equipment. THat doesnt mean that Worst and hoppie wouldnt have surpasset him. If they played on the new Equipment.

I dont think anyone could have beaten worst on any equipment if you gave worst time too adapit too the equipment. He had what all champions have a lot off heart. And he is my allaround champion.

Eferine played good three coushion billiards but he was not in these players league. BUt with the wright help and toutering he would have been wright thier.

But he didnt devote his time and energy into 3 coushion billiards. And the money in three cushion is a little short. Compaired too pool.

I read Mr 3 cushhion book and CD and anyone who wants too learn the game can learn a lot from his book. I was impreset and thier is a lot in thier. You are getting more ten youre monys worth. Get it now while the price is wright.

And Cottons book is also a very good book and very interesting. He has been all over the country. Before everyone knew who was who. I bet on him a few times and he won every time. He is honest and a winner. Good luck whatever path you take in life.

And I seen him with some super good looking ladies. He mite be a better done wone then pool player. But whatever he does mt money is on Cotton. And thanks for wrighting a great book.

Sometimes it takesa little while for people to express them selves but its all comeing out. And people need to her about thier great adventures and the people the new. And what they did. You can be proud too talk about youre life because thats all we have anyway.

Freddy can you drop the tax if I buy both books? Keep wrighting You and Billy no a lot more.Let the world enjoy youre pool stories. THey are great and good luck too two great players. AB.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
usblues said:
I played only in one three cushion tournement in my life they had all good players in it.I did better then I thought I would BUt I could not have won it because Bloomandale is in another league.

And he could spot anyone in the Usa 10 or 15 on 60. And I make him the favorite. But I could not have beaten him no mater how good I played. His Percentage was just too high. And he won the tournament. And his knowledge is above the USA players also.

BUt with Ivory balls on a the old tabales I would have bet on Hoppie and Haeold Worst against him. BUt not on the new Equipment. THat doesnt mean that Worst and hoppie wouldnt have surpasset him. If they played on the new Equipment.

I dont think anyone could have beaten worst on any equipment if you gave worst time too adapit too the equipment. He had what all champions have a lot off heart. And he is my allaround champion.

Eferine played good three coushion billiards but he was not in these players league. BUt with the wright help and toutering he would have been wright thier.

But he didnt devote his time and energy into 3 coushion billiards. And the money in three cushion is a little short. Compaired too pool.

I read Mr 3 cushhion book and CD and anyone who wants too learn the game can learn a lot from his book. I was impreset and thier is a lot in thier. You are getting more ten youre monys worth. Get it now while the price is wright.

And Cottons book is also a very good book and very interesting. He has been all over the country. Before everyone knew who was who. I bet on him a few times and he won every time. He is honest and a winner. Good luck whatever path you take in life.

And I seen him with some super good looking ladies. He mite be a better done wone then pool player. But whatever he does mt money is on Cotton. And thanks for wrighting a great book.

Sometimes it takesa little while for people to express them selves but its all comeing out. And people need to her about thier great adventures and the people the new. And what they did. You can be proud too talk about youre life because thats all we have anyway.

Freddy can you drop the tax if I buy both books? Keep wrighting You and Billy no a lot more.Let the world enjoy youre pool stories. THey are great and good luck too two great players. AB.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
money,DSOM....

money,DSOM....

AB,right you are.Whats funny speaking of money,theres lots of money in the UK for snooker or around the world in 3-cushion if your good enough and now the tournaments in the USA seem to have alot added[sometimes]Its just so hard to communicate to the masses,somewhat like chess or pingpong.Its an individual game,you spend so much time alone turned inward telling yourself what and how to shoot.When another player walks up and chats you up its like he's an enemy invading your space.Seldom do you reach out with your friendliest smile and hold out your hand and say'Welcome friend,lets have some fun".Its more like a quiet war....being different I never tried to make money,I always tried to make friends cause thats how you get ahead in life.The table is usually only good for crumbs compared to a tip or an intro to something else from a stranger your playing.Too bad tables arent like one-armed bandits where they payoff instead of each other....too much wandering today.Just wanted to know if you had seen Blomdahl play 9 ball and never miss like a Hall or a Pearl.I always enjoy your thoughts,cheers,B

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
usblues said:
AB,right you are.Whats funny speaking of money,theres lots of money in the UK for snooker or around the world in 3-cushion if your good enough and now the tournaments in the USA seem to have alot added[sometimes]Its just so hard to communicate to the masses,somewhat like chess or pingpong.Its an individual game,you spend so much time alone turned inward telling yourself what and how to shoot.When another player walks up and chats you up its like he's an enemy invading your space.Seldom do you reach out with your friendliest smile and hold out your hand and say'Welcome friend,lets have some fun".Its more like a quiet war....being different I never tried to make money,I always tried to make friends cause thats how you get ahead in life.The table is usually only good for crumbs compared to a tip or an intro to something else from a stranger your playing.Too bad tables arent like one-armed bandits where they payoff instead of each other....too much wandering today.Just wanted to know if you had seen Blomdahl play 9 ball and never miss like a Hall or a Pearl.I always enjoy your thoughts,cheers,B
I never seen Bloomdell play nine ball or any pool game . But he has the talent too be good at a lot off games.

IF he learns them. Most three coushion billiard players I new were board with pool and didnt like too play pool.

I remember this 3 coushion billiard player who always played with Bud Harries 3
Coushion. And A pool player started wofing at him telling him 3 chouishion billiard players are nits and wont bet nothing.

I think the 3 coushion billiard players name was Hary Paul. Mr three Coushion would no his name. But any way the three cushion billiard player told the pool player what do you want too play. And the pool player said I will play you a game off straight pool 100 points for one hundred dollaers.

And they went in the tournement room on the old 4 and a half by nine pool table. And the pool player brooke the balls.

And Harry Paul ran 100 balls and out. And nobody ever seen him play. So dont be fooled because a player loves to play three coushion Billiards.

That doesnt mean he cant play pool. And the tree coushion billiardv players always thought that they were the clas.

And the pool playerswere the low lifes. And THe 3 coushion billiard players got too play on new Samonis number one.

And when the cloth got old and wore out. THey would send the cloth too the cleaners and turn it up side down and put it on the pool tables.

But I remember old man Victor he would bet 5 dollaers on a baseball game. And chew on the newspaper tell the whole game was over. BUt her is what he told me. And I wish I would have listened.

Victor said please God protect me from my friends. And If I would have followed those words. I would have saved a lot off money.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

I think the Belgum Goverment paid Raymond Cullamans soo much too play three cushion. I think if the united states would have paid Harold Worst too play three coushion or any other player in the USA. Our players would have been way better players.

Because Belgium and were Bloomendale came from had a big edge on the American players. Because they all played positiong Three Coushion and in the USA .

They were just starting to learn position play. And Thats too big off a edge too give too a player playing even when they are playing position and youre not.

Its like 15 or 20 points going to 60. And only a few Americans started playing position three coushion Billiards.

THats why we were way behind the countries that were playing three coushion billiards.

And I would say there mite not have been 1o Americans that played position three Coushion. And the 10 American players were not as good as the Euoropean players. But if the American would have learned 3 coushion instead off pool we would have been right thier..

It takes time and learning too be a champion at any game. BUt today they have great books out thier that you can learn from. Even though thier will be different opinions. Because no two people think alike. I dont no if Raymond Culamans has a book out thier or not.

But the big problem in the USA is that not a lot off young people are learning the game off three coushion. And it takes time to learn. You cannot do it in one year.

Eferine I amm sure if he did nothing but play 3 cushion Billiards for 3 years.Could be a world champion 3 cushion billiard player.

BUt is it worth the time and effort for him too do that. I dont think so because he needs money and thats why he would stick with pool.

BUt that does not mean if someone offered him 3 hundred thousand dollaers to put all his time and effort into 3 coushion billiards for 3 years .

I belive he would be in the to 5 three cuoshion billiard players in the world or better. Because off his ability and his fast learning skills. But will it happen. I would say no. If he was 35 or 40 years old it would be something for him too think about.

But its a little bit too late. And it would take hard work and concentration. But three coushion Billiards is a great game to learn and will help youre other games. BUt remember it takes time too learn.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
Thanks you, demonrho. Would *love* to see that picture.

Lou Figueroa
I remember Thier was a picture taken with BUddy Hall Billy Incardona Danny delaberto and me and Angle laying on our lap. I dont no who has the picture but I do remember the picture.

And the Black Widow was in one off those pictures too with her precious pretty little princess.

I hope she makesa albuim with her new baby. And takes a picture every year on the babbies birthday.

And buts it in her albuim. When she gets older she will realy appriciate those pictures and howe she changed every year.

Itsa shame we dont have more pictuers off the Hall Off Fame players .When They were younger. BUt that was then and this is nowe. And even makeing a DvD about our kids is great. And pasing it from one generation too another.

And when they look back 300 years from now they will no hwo we were and see thier family tree. But I no they took like 60 or 80 pictures. I dont no what happened too them.

They must be some were unless thier gone. Angle might no.

oldroller

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I think the Belgum Goverment paid Raymond Cullamans soo much too play three cushion. I think if the united states would have paid Harold Worst too play three coushion or any other player in the USA. Our players would have been way better players.

Because Belgium and were Bloomendale came from had a big edge on the American players. Because they all played positiong Three Coushion and in the USA .

They were just starting to learn position play. And Thats too big off a edge too give too a player playing even when they are playing position and youre not.

Its like 15 or 20 points going to 60. And only a few Americans started playing position three coushion Billiards.

THats why we were way behind the countries that were playing three coushion billiards.

And I would say there mite not have been 1o Americans that played position three Coushion. And the 10 American players were not as good as the Euoropean players. But if the American would have learned 3 coushion instead off pool we would have been right thier..

It takes time and learning too be a champion at any game. BUt today they have great books out thier that you can learn from. Even though thier will be different opinions. Because no two people think alike. I dont no if Raymond Culamans has a book out thier or not.

But the big problem in the USA is that not a lot off young people are learning the game off three coushion. And it takes time to learn. You cannot do it in one year.

Eferine I amm sure if he did nothing but play 3 cushion Billiards for 3 years.Could be a world champion 3 cushion billiard player.

BUt is it worth the time and effort for him too do that. I dont think so because he needs money and thats why he would stick with pool.

BUt that does not mean if someone offered him 3 hundred thousand dollaers to put all his time and effort into 3 coushion billiards for 3 years .

I belive he would be in the to 5 three cuoshion billiard players in the world or better. Because off his ability and his fast learning skills. But will it happen. I would say no. If he was 35 or 40 years old it would be something for him too think about.

But its a little bit too late. And it would take hard work and concentration. But three coushion Billiards is a great game to learn and will help youre other games. BUt remember it takes time too learn.

You might not spell to good but I think you are a very smart man.I have a friend that is of German heritage,he's a lot like you.No book smarts but very smart in other ways & soccesful

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Death of a discipline

Death of a discipline

.......good points AB as expected.The 10' table killed 3-cushion in America.Too big.Nobody wants it in their bar/poolhall.7' is easier.Plus you miss most of the time which is like going to the midway at the fair and not even winning a sucker or keychain made in Japan.No reward is a lost cause in America.Plus 3-cushion is very equipment sensitive.Slow,old cloth is a killer for players without a stroke.The good news is you can pick up an old Brunswick for 500 in any city in America.Put on Simonis 300 and you are set for years.I had to store one in a garage in Mpls for 5-6 years.Unheated.When I set it up the rails played like new.No problems.I guess 100% rubber helps.Big time sponsors in Europe help with the money unlike America.Ceulemans is gone,Blomdahl is getting old and Sang Lee is dead.I will look to Vegas as I see the 10-ball/1P runs close to the World Cup in May I think it is.Stay high keep low as we used to say in Nam,cheers,B