Daulton vs Reyes

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
This is how they ended up for Efren, with Daulton now to shoot.
Looks like Daulton might be able to kick at the pink ball off of his own long rail, provided he can get past the 1 ball.

The 3 ball would then prevent Efren from leaving the CB up table.

Doc

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I have to say that it looks like Efren was either incredibly lucky or just that damn good to avoid a double kiss on the cb yet get just the right double kiss on the 5 ball. No one has more respect for Efren's game than I but wtf.

I can only see a couple of places on the table where Daulton could be safe. If he leaves Efren on the wrong side of the stack, he'll kick the pink in sure as shxx. There isn't hardly any place up table that is safe unless it would be between the 8 ball and the rail or sewed to the 8. The most obvious and effective place, albeit the hardest place to get to, is behind the pink ball. He can get there off the six if he's as good at these shots as he is at banking. The super human shot would be to bank the 3 either 3 rails and draw to the spot or corner back and go off the side rail to the spot. I like going off the 6 because it seems more doable.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
He might try something like this, since he's in a real tough spot.
Rod.
PS I know I would.:D

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
He might try something like this, since he's in a real tough spot.
Rod.
PS I know I would.:D
I think I remember this match, I did the commentary on it and I don't recall Daulton shooting your shot. But your shot is a very possible solution to a problem like this one. I like your thinking with this option. It not only gives you a chance to get out of the trap, but it also gives you an opportunity to run some balls.

Developing the feel for the cue ball with shots like the one Rod suggested, will benefit you in many ways and this is an example of one of those ways. A spectacular shot when maybe you need something spectacular to happen.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I think I remember this match, I did the commentary on it and I don't recall Daulton shooting your shot. But your shot is a very possible solution to a problem like this one. I like your thinking with this option. It not only gives you a chance to get out of the trap, but it also gives you an opportunity to run some balls.

Developing the feel for the cue ball with shots like the one Rod suggested, will benefit you in many ways and this is an example of one of those ways. A spectacular shot when maybe you need something spectacular to happen.

Billy I.

You could try to kick the nine ball in the pocket, And if the nine ball hits the 4 ball the fous ball will come out ant the cue ball will be behind the 4 ball.

I see another shot but I cannot see the correct angle off the balls .

If the balls are laying right you shoot the ball wright in front off you too hit the nine ball.

And the nine will go to youre pocket. And the other ball will go up the table on youre side.

Or hit the other ball into the stack. And followe the cue ball too the rail.

Or you can hit the ten ball thin and leave him down the end rail behind the 8 ball.
And he will bank the 3 ball on his next shot and you should get a open look at the balls in front off Eferines pocket.

You can hit the ball thin and leave him right behind the 4 ball. And you can see what Eferine does from thier.

It just gives you a little breathing room . Without shooting a sell out shot.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shannon kicked through the narrowest path possible -- it looked like he used a little hold-up english to straighten it out off the rail -- and he hit it perfect to end up with the cue ball between the pocket and the pink 4-ball and 9-ball.

Here is Shannon's shot:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-28-25-2.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-28-25-2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
This is how Shannon's shot ended up, so now it is Efren's shot again...

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-04-26_19-10-54.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-04-26_19-10-54.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
NH Steve said:
Shannon kicked through the narrowest path possible -- it looked like he used a little hold-up english to straighten it out off the rail -- and he hit it perfect to end up with the cue ball between the pocket and the pink 4-ball and 9-ball.

Here is Shannon's shot:
Looks like Shannon was smart enough to shoot the shot I outlined in post #22. He plays very well...;)

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
gulfportdoc said:
Looks like Shannon was smart enough to shoot the shot I outlined in post #22. He plays very well...;)

Doc
Yeah I could have mentioned you got the cookie on that one :D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:

Shoot the red ball cross the table and leave him down the end rail.

Everyone knowes this shot. Thier is not much Shannon can do from the other end.

Maybe a mericale can happen.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Shoot the red ball cross the table and leave him down the end rail.

Everyone knowes this shot. Thier is not much Shannon can do from the other end.

Maybe a mericale can happen.
That's the shot I like. But I'd want to leave the CB below the side pocket, so that he couldn't see the 13 ball.

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
That's the shot I like. But I'd want to leave the CB below the side pocket, so that he couldn't see the 13 ball.

Doc

After Efreine shoots that shot. Thier wont be much to sing or dance about.

And you no the 13 ball is bad luck.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
NH Steve said:
This was a great game with many excellent shots, why did we give up on it? I did the commentary on this match and it was special.

Billy I.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
wincardona said:
This was a great game with many excellent shots, why did we give up on it? I did the commentary on this match and it was special.

Billy I.

I didn't give up on it. Just waiting for you to tell me what was best. How are you doing. Can you play more than 20 minutes now, without the back weakness kicking in? I hope you get back to 99.99 per cent. Would you settle for that? The rest you can make up mentally with my coaching and Arties. I'm just kidding about that. Tell about your sex life ie the back. Wouldn't want to put you in a strange position though. That's a double entandre or something there. We would never repeat anything. Never. Do you remembe in 91 playing a nine ball tournament in Greenville SC at that shriners center, that Miz won?? Anyway I was with a gal that looked remarkably like Christina Applegate. She said you smiled at her. Anyway she wanted to do you so darn bad. I had to drag her out of there. Serious business. We watched you play a match with one Scott Rabon. You destroyed him. I got old Kelly Bundy home and she said aw honey, I just wanted him for one night. I'm head over hills in love wi you. I said baby right now I'm settling for hills over head. Dr. Bill probably don't want you anyway..

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Yeah I could have mentioned you got the cookie on that one :D

Only problem with the shot he didnt do anything excepte put himself in a bigger trap.

You cant shoot shots like that against a champion. Those shots are worthless.

And he did nothhing put prolong the aggone. When youre in a trap you have too figure out howe too get out off the trap .

Not howe you stay in the trap. And that was a poor choice Shannon made.

He could have tried a few other things. But the shot he tried did nothing.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Since Efren's first shot after the break, the table has looked like Efren broke -- I think Billy even makes that comment during the commentary.

Going off the 3-ball was definitely obvious, but Efren surprised me by spinning back down the table behind the 1-ball instead of going up. I can see that if he had gone uptable with the cue ball and exposed a solid hit on that tied up cluster in front of Efren's pocket, Shannon would have been able to splash those balls away -- that may be why Efren went the other way... anyway, here is Efren's shot:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-45-07-2.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-45-07-2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
...and here is how Efren left it. He got barely behind the top part of the 1-ball. Now it is Shannon's shot. What should Shannon do?

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-50-09.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-05-01_20-50-09.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0